Lock Me In (DCE)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
Bad news for Broncos as Cherry-Evans looks to stay at Brookie. By Tony Adams & Joel Gould (RLW 13th Feb).

Daly Cherry-Evans is close to knocking back an approach from the broncos and signing a rich new deal with Manly.
The star halfback told his management to start negotiations on an upgraded deal that would see him become one of the highest paid players in the game and a one-club man at the Sea Eagles.
The classy half is contracted until the end of 2015 but due to his new superstar status, other clubs are circling, with the Broncos at the front of the queue.
Manly wont even want to think about losing Cherry-Evans and will move heaven and earth to keep him.
The Sea Eagles are well aware of the interest in their star player , and while a new upgraded offer is not on the table yet, the club is keen to take out potential suitors sooner rather than later.
There have been rumblings that Cherry-Evans wanted out of the Sea Eagles and was having problems with team mates.
But RLW can reveal the star half has all but committed to remain at Manly.
"Daly has given me instructions to get the deal (with Manly) done." Cherry-Evans manager Gavin Orr says. "He has been a man in demand and it isn't over the line yet or anything like that."
"There are still a few things that been to be sorted out but the fact that Daly wants to get it done is a good sign for Manly."
Under Orr's guidance, Cherry-Evans has become among the highest paid players in the NRL.
He has had a host of third-party sponsors and is being chased by many corporations looking to take advantage of his superstar status and clean-cut image.

I hate this... "under Orr's guidance Cherry-Evans has become among the highest paid players in the NRL . . .
What crap. DCE's ability on and off the field have done it, not some slimy manager who leaks like a busted septic.
A player with the 'smarts' of DCE should handle all his own negotiations. He'd probably do better financially as all those he dealt with would trust him.
Who would trust a player manager?

bones said:
Bad news for Broncos as Cherry-Evans looks to stay at Brookie. By Tony Adams & Joel Gould (RLW 13th Feb).

Under Orr's guidance, Cherry-Evans has become among the highest paid players in the NRL.
So that's his secret? How lucky he has Orr to help him, otherwise no-one would offer DCE anything at all.
:dodgy:

Shoe1 said:
The Inner West newspaper had an interview with Aaron Woods that said manly had been prepared to throw $500k at him next year. Better spent on DCE methinks.

I can't believe that figure.
What sort of person boasts about their salary?
Woods must be a real western suburbs Bogan.

The Who said:
Shoe1 said:
The Inner West newspaper had an interview with Aaron Woods that said manly had been prepared to throw $500k at him next year. Better spent on DCE methinks.

I can't believe that figure.
What sort of person boasts about their salary?
Woods must be a real western suburbs Bogan.

To be fair on Woods, he didn't say the figure, it was the journo.

Shoe1 said:

That is $500k to buy another fringe/up an coming front rower or two next year and secure gifty for another couple of years.

tookey said:
Shoe1 said:

That is $500k to buy another fringe/up an coming front rower or two next year and secure gifty for another couple of years.

Considering what Tookey has written one would think that the figure mention is totally unrealistic if you didn't think that anyway. Tookey just put it in real terms for us.

hopefully this deal is done before the season is underway, so all the media talk about him, is about how he is killing it on the field and not made up speculation about his 'future'

If the club can get the re-signing of DCE done early in the year, what a kick start for the season for the club, it will make it easier to retain the players we really want to keep and help lure players in future seasons.

It would also put an end to ongoing speculation about him going to the donkeys blah blah blah.

To me the 2012 season was undone not only by the defection of you know who but the weekly Telecrap headlines about Foran to the dogs, Stewart to the Chooks, blah blah blah.

If we keep DCE and Foran we have the halves for the next 10 years and we can continue to be so succesful.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7