Liverpool looking strong for years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Steven Gerrard has extended his contract to 2013. They have also  re-signed Torres and Benayoun.

A major loss looks like Alonso to Spain. Rafa also re-signed five of his coaching staff last week. Kenny Dalglish has returned to Liverpool in a coaching and ambassadorial role.  

In other news:

Gunners transfer blow

According to reports, Arsenal do NOT have enough money to finance Arsene Wenger's Premier League transfer targets.

Arsenal's second-biggest shareholder, Alisher Usmanov, has failed in his attempts to talk the club into a rights issue to generate funds for a transfer kitty for Wenger.

In a statement, Usmaov's holding company said: "The board are confident they have adequate resources to strengthen the squad. We do not share their view."

Arsenal's only signing this summer has been Ajax defender Thomas Vermaelen for 10 million (The Times)

Newcastle's Sebastien Bassong has told reporters that Arsenal have made an approach to sign him - with the French international blaming the relegation-troubled club for blocking his exit from St James Park.

Robin van Persie has signed a new long-term deal with Arsenal. The club have not made the length of the new deal known, but Gunners boss Arsenal Wenger said it was "fantastic" the 25-year-old Dutchman has committed his long-term future to the club.

Arsenal are reported to have slapped a 40 million pound price tag on Cesc Fabregas' head as the Gunners brace themselves for a showdown with Spanish giants Real Madrid or Barcelona. That, to me, would kill any midfield strength we have built up.

United confirm Obertan signing

Alex Ferguson has ignored the warnings surrounding Bordeaux youngster Gabriel Obertan by bringing the 20-year-old to Old Trafford.

Obertan is reported to be on his way to Manchester, despite the player's former Bordeaux boss telling Sir Ferg that the winger has "psychological and mental challenges" that he needs to get over BEFORE he can become a star.

But Ferguson has gone ahead with the 3 million pound signing that will see Obertan - set to miss pre-season training because of injury.

They have also picked up Michael Owen, and although getting on has played some good games this year.

And the dastardly rumour of the day is that Tevez could go to City! Haha

CliffyIsGod link said:
And City will finish top four.

Manchester City said they had signed Argentina striker Carlos Tevez, who left Manchester United at the end of the season.

Tevez, 25, has agreed terms with City and is set to sign a five-year deal, his new club said following weeks of rumours regarding his future.

No fee was mentioned but City were expected to have to shell out in the region of £25 million ($52 million) for the player they have coveted all summer.

"It is terrific news," said City manager Mark Hughes.

"Carlos is an international player of the highest class who possesses all the attributes that will help drive this club forward," Hughes told the club's official website.

"He is not only outstanding technically but he is a reliable goal scorer and someone who will contribute fully to the team ethic. He gives us another exciting, attacking dimension."

City said in a statement: "Personal terms with the 25-year-old have been concluded and the deal has been ratified by the Premier League and the Football Association."

City added that Tevez, who will wear the No.32 shirt next season, will have the mandatory medical check and then link up with the squad on their pre-season tour of South Africa.

Tevez spent two years with United, scoring 34 goals in 99 appearances after joining from West Ham United, winning two English Premiership titles and the 2008 Champions League crown.

It will be interesting to see John "Chelski till i die" Terry...will he take up the 300,000 pounds a week at city....

All that said it really does ruin the game for anyone who is not a big 4 (5) supporter

lsz link said:
It will be interesting to see John \"Chelski till i die\" Terry...will he take up the 300,000 pounds a week at city....

All that said it really does ruin the game for anyone who is not a big 4 (5) supporter

My team were in the third division of English football just 10 years ago. It might be City, but wouldn't you prefer it to at least be top five now and not top four? For the last 10 years it has been Rag Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, boring.

Still it means my team (West Ham) have even less chance of breaking into the top 4

Sure it is good to see another team upset the apple cart.....i just wish it was not by throwing a bucket load of money at players but was from developing a team ala Villa or Everton

Matabele link said:
Fabregas can piss off given his recent comments about the Gunners. 

Too right but may be his last year at the gunners before heading to La Liga.

I would like to see the Hammers give it a real good go this season.

Robinho + Tevez is awesome for city (assuming rob is still there, haven't heard anything about him leaving).

Utd signed Michael Owen and his has scored two goals in two games in warmups. Hopefully that ratio can stay where it is with no injuries. It also means that Man Utd have an all england forward two.

City has also picked up Emmanuel Adebayor, but I am not sure that that is a good thing. He is no doubt talented but seems to be a disruptive influence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6