Little things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
You know the team don't have their heads right on a night when one of the "stars" (Foran) trots back to the 30m line facing his own goalposts as the opposing team take a quick tap and nearly run into the back of him. The team look like they want to do the minimum while treading water for the return of Glenn (and Matai) to start winning games for them. Looks a bit like 2009 really.

Anyway, when I saw the draw for the first 5 weeks I thought I'd be happy to be 2-3 at the end of it, and that's what we are. It's just disappointing we haven't capitalised on the 2-0 start.

Some people call it the 1 percenters. I think the biggest hint you can get as to if a team is on their game or not is the work of markers. If they are getting beat to their feets by the opposition, or are slow to react out of there then the team is off their game. I saw more of that tonight from us than I've seen in a while.

Althought in fairness to Foran, I think he did just lead the chase on that kick.

yeah hasnt been the best start to the season. We seem to be missing the consistency of the team. The time away from brookie, the injuries and suspensions certainly arnt helping.

The fact we got beaten by parra is really bad.

Promising sign was taufua, hopefully with mati and lyon back (and fingers crossed gift), he will get the wing, with whare the utility.

Maybe if Snake can hold off throwing the ball over the touchline every game early in the tackle count and we don't drop the ball on the first tackle we would do better...pissed off at seeing a repeat of the same mistakes!!

Matabele said:
Anyway, when I saw the draw for the first 5 weeks I thought I'd be happy to be 2-3 at the end of it, and that's what we are. It's just disappointing we haven't capitalised on the 2-0 start.

The two wins should have been Sharks & Parra.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Chip and Chase said:
Lussick's effort at marker for keating's try was pathetic.
I'd pe paying other clubs to take him.
Darcy Ryles. It's like watching his clone run around in a Manly jersey. Mauro is twice the prop lussick is.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Chip and Chase said:

Seriously why he is holding us all to ransom is beyond me - all this I wont sign til I know who else is staying at Manly BS..

All year he hs been a liability and in my humble opinion should be shown the door.

Last 3 games we have started slow and the opposition has scored in the first 5 or 10 mins. I just feel as we have no depth and no one in the lower grade is putting pressure on these guys. My take is we have been lacking intensity, that killer edge we had last year. I hope they find their mojo soon.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Chip and Chase said:

Can't really figure out why Darcy is a "keeper" from most on this Forum.

He has too much aggression and not the basics of the game.
Most tackles are head-high or illegal.
His running with the ball is way below average.

Perehaps I've singled him out on poor games he's had.... like.... all of them!

If he has too much aggression then the pope is the most agro mother****er of all time. Lussick is average at best. He should take whatever contract he can get.

Brett seems to just get rid of it when attacking. Maybe he doesn't want the hit? I don't know!!! The dinky pass to Buhrer was the same. As for Lussick, Parra must be going, no thank you!!

Clean out the forwards, really you have to think
Kite king Lussick joe rose should be released
Joes going ok but one one year left at best
Keep TRex Choc Gift Vic Ballin Bruer and get
A bunch of fresh air in there, nobody's going forward,
To think we nearly did get Gallen .......

The short timers like Whare, Harrison, Skinner and to a certain extent Lussick, should realise, sometimes, you only get a small window to show your wares. I'm not laying the blame at their feet but, sometimes you have to just get in there and rip in.

Look at Konrad Hurrell's debut for the warriors, his impact was huge.

I know Lussick is copping some treatment but he's just suffering from the same ego problems that a lot of young forwards suffer from when they first make the top grade. They try and prove they aren't intimidated and over do the agro and it usually leads to mistakes. It can take some time for them to hit their straps consistently. I know JWH cops plenty from us, but I think he's been excellent for the Chooks this year, still over does the aggro at times, but he is playing some good footy for them.

I'm going to bag someone who probably doesn't deserve it but, here it goes anyway. Vic Mauro. Look, I know he's trying his guts out and I'll never fault him for effort, but he really isn't offering us much atm. His mobility isn't that good and we can lose a lot of momentum in a set if he does a hit up. That being said, that's he's still in the top 17 should be a lesson to some of the blokes in reserve grade. He really is only in there because he's trying his best and obviously working his butt off on the training paddock as well. I apologise to Vic but that's just how I see it.

JWH is going to be sitting on the sidelines for a while after what he did tonight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6