Liam Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I really like what I have seen. He is very enthusiastic, talks a lot, directs play and has a good kicking game. I wonder about him staying as a lock when his brother comes back. He has size and Mauro and Harrison haven't shown much.

Matabele said:
I really like what I have seen. He is very enthusiastic, talks a lot, directs play and has a good kicking game. I wonder about him staying as a lock when his brother comes back. He has size and Mauro and Harrison haven't shown much.

Dont know about Mauro in the 13. He seems best suited to a no nonsense straight up the middle Glenn Hall type role off the bench.

Um nope. He wasn't our worst player tonight, but he's capable back up at best. Thought it was a very poor option when they tried a trick play first tackle off a penalty and he threw a poor pass that went to ground.

On Monday night he really fed off the great work by DCE. DCE had a bit of a stinker and Foran didn't do a great deal.

A lot of improvement needed but I could see him in the back row perhaps but I'd struggle to find any room for him when we are fully fit.

As a 5/8 he has a few major shortcomings in his game

Jatz Crackers said:
Matabele said:

Dont know about Mauro in the 13. He seems best suited to a no nonsense straight up the middle Glenn Hall type role off the bench.

Mauro is like Glenn Hall without the leg speed.

Hard for the halves to do anything constructive tonight when your forward pack is out muscled.

Liam has played at 3 clubs for 6 years in reserve grade.There is a reason for that.Tries like his brother but lacks class and is not a long term proposition in a key position for a side who wants to be top 4 contenders.

In some players like TREX you can see talent there in spades if you can unlock the key to them and until that key is found they frustrate you immensely.I didnt think they would find it with him but thankfully they did.

None of our fill in forwards have anything to unlock.

lsz said:
Amazing what a week makes - last week some on here were happy to have him in first grade very week....

Well he like half the team did not want to be there last night.

Wow.. He rode some of the coat tail success of DCE's blinder last week but I'm afraid he is a back up halves option at best. Like Joey and Matty Johns paired up, Little bro just happens to posses all the talent. Oh and Vic Mauro Sh*ts on Liam Foran for Power and Glenn Hall for ball skills.. Manly 2012 back on track next week, C'Mon!!

He did ok apart from 2 clangers, the first tackle after a tap pass at the line, and the no look pass to joe on the 1st tackle after a penalty 5 meters out. These drops were pretty decisive and let the pressure off. Also 2 bad drops by king and a shocker on the 3rd tackle by lussick when we were on a roll really handed the game to the titans. Bird had a field day with cherry and watmough. The forward defence looked bad when kite and king were off near the end of the first half. Skinner isn't the answer.

Shoe1 said:
Skinner isn't the answer.
The bloke looks like he's about to keel over after he's made a hit-up!..he looks like he's waiting for Donny Singe to hand him an oxy-viva?

Can anyone let me know what Skinner brings to he team.

Couldnt crack it in four years with the Raiders, but has been at Manly 5 minutes and has played 4 games and getting a lot of time.

bob dylan said:
Can anyone let me know what Skinner brings to he team.

Couldnt crack it in four years with the Raiders, but has been at Manly 5 minutes and has played 4 games and getting a lot of time.

Skinner is no better or no worse than Mauro or Harrison IMO. When we have a full strength side these guys can all do a job but when we are missing as much quality as we are now they can be exposed a bit. That's not to say they make plenty of mistakes, its just they aren't as effective and especially when the senior guys have poor games as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6