• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

is it a mistake to keep Lewis?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
And its official Lewis Brown will be a Sea Eagle next year.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2015/06/20/lewis_brown_to_join_.html

Welcome to Lewis, hope he has a great career with us.

Just wondering why this announcement...for a signing, comes from the Penrith site and it's still no where on ours. Esp when we have this amazing shiny new media manager.

I want to say it's completely amateurish b/s and it's about time mgt pull their heads out of their butts and get it together.

But....there may be a reasonable explanation.

Welcome to Lewis, hope he has a great career with us.

Just wondering why this announcement...for a signing, comes from the Penrith site and it's still no where on ours. Esp when we have this amazing shiny new media manager.

I want to say it's completely amateurish b/s and it's about time mgt pull their heads out of their butts and get it together.

But....there may be a reasonable explanation.
Because Gould and Fulton have personally spoken about brown, and he was almost handed to us by a salary cap strapped Penrith, perhaps we agreed to let Penrith break the news officially as a sign of goodwill?
I've really got no idea though, I'm just hoping it's not incompetence from our staff.

Is he one of Barretts signings? We are already well placed with 80 minute forwards if they reduce the interchange to 6

Interchange will only go to 8 in 2016.

Brown is a good player, but I can't see the logic in getting another Buhrer/ Leary type when we still need some muscle or impact out wide.

Buhrer covers Brown on all fronts, and where Leary cant match it with him now, who knows in a couple of years.

The 1 thing I will say though, in Browns favour, is that when Cleary came to the Panthers, Brown was the only Warrior he brought with him.

Liam Knight has warmed up with the first grades a few times this year. He is a real powerful hole running backrower. Demetriou also fits this bill

Brown is a good player, but I can't see the logic in getting another Buhrer/ Leary type when we still need some muscle or impact out wide.

Buhrer covers Brown on all fronts, and where Leary cant match it with him now, who knows in a couple of years.

The 1 thing I will say though, in Browns favour, is that when Cleary came to the Panthers, Brown was the only Warrior he brought with him.

and now Cleary does not want him. That says more imo.

The 1 thing I will say though, in Browns favour, is that when Cleary came to the Panthers, Brown was the only Warrior he brought with him
He probably has personal qualities that are considered desirable in a rebuilding roster. He plays well at NRL level and if he is more consistent than Horo then that is a step up for us.

Elijah Taylor came over with Cleary too

Watched Brown vs Tigers last week and thought it was one of his best games. We realy need to think long and hard about having him and Buhrer in starting pack. It just cant happen. What does Browns signature mean for Hodges/ Leary ? They seem destined for The reggies.

Our content linking with hookers means Hodges days are numbered me thinks.

Also re: Buhrer. The way his knees have gone we need insurance.

Was only just thinking maybe Buhrer is being earmarked as the future hooker...... They will definitely need to be shedding a lot of players for next season to fit under the cap.

First time I have ever watched this guy play today.

Wow what a bludger and crapshoot this bloke is. In 30 minutes virtually no hitups (and none of substance), a penalty for pulling a guy stupidly over the sideline, and a dropped ball that led to a try while he was having a rest behind the line.

I didn't know Gould could bear such a grudge.

NYEagle

First time you've watched lewis brown play? The Nz utility/second rower, former warriors work horse! Don't get me wrong I questioned the signing of him as we have players that fit his mould (buhrer,Leary). Bludger he is not! The rabbits can make the best of players look silly!

• 👍
Reactions: Ben
LOL running around like a goose near the end of the half missing tackles. Can't read the play.

Whats this at halftime?. 4 hitups for 30 metres and 9 tackles?. These are Hasson numbers.

NYEagle

First time you've ever seen him play eh?
May I suggest reserving judgement until you have given the guy a few games at least.

I've never seen Barrett coach either, but I won't be judging him on his first half of footy as an NRL coach

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2