Lets be honest, where are we at right now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SilverSkier

Reserve Grader
Ok so , as the title says, where are we at in regards to the clubs first grade performances?
Disappointing is a word that I could throw out there but should we be?? A rookie coach who is not manly(it is a big deal I think), a huge turn over of players?? I'm not sure. Do we need to light a firecracker in the dressing room to spark the team??? I honestly believe we have cattle to atleast show pride but something's missing.
What's the answer??

we are playing worse with a supposedly better roster. This season is more disappointing than last years.

In some ways it is. On Saturday night we were exposed badly by Brisbane. We had no structure in attack that threatened their line and our defence, other than the 20 minutes before halftime, was softer than a bouncing castle.

Injuries haven't helped, especially in the backline. But the same could be said of last year.

If I was to give every player we've used so far this year a school grading, it would be:

Lewis Brown - 10 games, 1 try. C+
Jamie Buhrer - 1 game. D
Luke Burgess - 1 game. D
Daly Cherry-Evans - 7 games. B
Addin Fonua-Blake - 4 games. B-
Pita Godinet - 1 game. C-
Nathan Green - 2 games. D-
Api Koroisau - 6 games. C+
Brenton Lawrence - 8 games. B+
Blake Leary - 5 games. D-
Darcy Lussick - 8 games. C+
Jamie Lyon - 10 games, 3 tries, 33 goals. C-
Steve Matai - 8 games, 2 tries. B
Feleti Mateo - 3 games. C-
Nate Myles - 10 games. C+
Matt Parcell - 8 games. B+
Josh Starling - 6 games, 1 try. C+
Brett Stewart - 6 games, 1 try. C
Tom Symonds - 6 games. C
Jorge Taufua - 7 games, 3 tries. B-
Martin Taupau - 9 games, 3 tries. B-
Jake Trbojevic - 9 games, 2 tries. B+
Tom Trbojevic - 9 games, 3 tries. B
Siosaia Vave - 10 games. B-
Dylan Walker - 10 games, 3 tries. C+
Brayden Wiliame - 5 games, 1 try. C+
Matthew Wright - 2 games. C-

Last year, although it was terrible, I went into games thinking we were a chance.

This year there is not one game ahead where the same thinking would apply.
Last year I was confident that we would eventually click and win some games. I didn't think we were a top team but I thought we were a fringe top 8 team down on their luck, a bit like the Roosters this year. It wasn't acceptable by Manly standards, but at least you gave us some chance each game.

This year I fear for EVERY game and I feel as though we are a bottom 4 team, yet the roster on paper looks like a Top 8 roster every day of the week.

If I was to give every player we've used so far this year a school grading, it would be:

Lewis Brown - 10 games, 1 try. C+
Jamie Buhrer - 1 game. D
Luke Burgess - 1 game. D
Daly Cherry-Evans - 7 games. B
Addin Fonua-Blake - 4 games. B-
Pita Godinet - 1 game. C-
Nathan Green - 2 games. D-
Api Koroisau - 6 games. C+
Brenton Lawrence - 8 games. B+
Blake Leary - 5 games. D-
Darcy Lussick - 8 games. C+
Jamie Lyon - 10 games, 3 tries, 33 goals. C-
Steve Matai - 8 games, 2 tries. B
Feleti Mateo - 3 games. C-
Nate Myles - 10 games. C+
Matt Parcell - 8 games. B+
Josh Starling - 6 games, 1 try. C+
Brett Stewart - 6 games, 1 try. C
Tom Symonds - 6 games. C
Jorge Taufua - 7 games, 3 tries. B-
Martin Taupau - 9 games, 3 tries. B-
Jake Trbojevic - 9 games, 2 tries. B+
Tom Trbojevic - 9 games, 3 tries. B
Siosaia Vave - 10 games. B-
Dylan Walker - 10 games, 3 tries. C+
Brayden Wiliame - 5 games, 1 try. C+
Matthew Wright - 2 games. C-

no real arguments with me ... I probably would have scored Api higher (for his games at 1/2)

They need to get their headspace right. In the earlier matches there was a drive, you could see the boys wanting the win, even if they lost they Tried. These last few games looks like they are standing there (esp the newbies) confused not knowing which way to run or whom to tackle...

We are in a rebuilding phase we have a good foundation with Cherry, Tom and Jake, Walker and Parcell. We just have to have some players around them that can give them go forward and space. ATM our pack ain't doing any thing. As for this year we IMO are going worse than last year. I loved last year it was one of my fav years of the Eagles. Even though we struggled to make the 9th spot we played some good games and I felt like last year we were unlucky to lose some of our games. 2016 has no comradery, no spirit, no culture. It doesn't feel like manly especially when you 1 from 5 at Brookie.

I don't think Api went as well at half as some give him credit for. We went 1-2 with him there, beating only a pretty crap Warriors team. We lost to both Souffs and doesn't-matta when we really shouldn't have and a lot of that was down to having not just one half (Walker) but 2 who had no idea how to get us in front against Souffs, or how to kill of the Speels when we led 10-8 with about 15 minutes to go.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4