Lest We Forget

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
giphy.gif

At our school service yesterday the children remained quiet for 45 minutes. When my little 5 and 6 year old wreath layers from my P/1 class stood with their heads bowed before the memorial my eyes misted up. It gets me every year.
Children so young somehow understand the importance of this commemoration.
And to my Dad. Tommy, who I'll see today, but can no longer march at Currumbin due to health, thanks Dad for representing our country.
To the fallen
Lest we forget.

My niece laid the wreath for her school at the cenotaph a couple of hundred metres from where I was born, and where my late grandfather (her great-grandfather) was one of the founding members of the RSL Sub-Branch. Her mum and I grew up participating in the services and marches with our school and swimming club there, and the catafalque party this morning was mounted by members of my old Army unit. Quite a few ‘shivers down the spine’ moments there.

And then a kid in the school group next to us fainted, and of course I’m there in my ambo uniform...so the kids are now telling everyone I saved a life at the dawn service - how embarrassment!

It was a fantastic service though, well-considered and well-delivered addresses from a wide range of community members. And absolutely incredible how much it has grown since we were kids, when it seemed like a small minority attended or participated. Huge turnout today and amazing how respectful and solemn everyone was, little kids included.

Lest We Forget.

I was fortunate enough to be at the War Memorial in Canberra with my son amongst the other 30,000 plus. I have been there for a dawn service once before but It told my son that I wanted to go to a dawn service down there with him because you dont know what next year has in Store. It was great to hear nearly everyone join together for our National Anthem, it was very moving and at the end of the Service just as the announcer had said, that concludes the Service, right on cue, you could hear a few Kookaburra,s have their say, which was very appropriate lol.If you ever get the chance to get down there for a dawn service, do yourself a favor and do it, you wont regret it, I guarantee, My son loved it as he likes that stuff,he loves our history.. Lest We Forget

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6