Leeds welcomes Manly Sea Eagles supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
At (roughly) 10.45pm Sydney time (9.45pm QLD time) tonight Emirates flight EK 87 touches down in Manchester England and unloads our happy band of Sea Eagles supporters who have travelled all the way from Oz for the WCC campaign.

All in all 33 are doing the full trip with about another 10 that are joining in for the Leeds only section and another 10 joining us for the game and the pre match and post match functions I have organised.

Not huge numbers BUT given the world economic climate a pretty fair number.

Tonight (Leeds time) they will be enjoying welcome drinks and will meet their tour leader, Website and Membership Manager Aaron Markie at Manchester airport when they arive. Aaron (who is currently snow boading in Switzerland) flies into Manchester a few hours before the group from Zurich.

On Friday there's a plan for the group to visit the famous Cricket ground of Headingly.

On Friday night the group will be special guests of the Bradford Football Club and will be watching the Beaver in action against the Huddersfield Giants.

On Saturday during the day most of them head up to Manchester to see the home ground of Man U and visit the Man U super store.

Saturday night is our HUGE Pre World Club Challenge function at the famous George Hotel in Huddersfield (where Rugby League first started). There's heaps going including (we hope) past players Steve Menzies, Michael Mongahan, some of the players who are not going around the next night and some of the coaching staff. CEO Grant Mayer plus half owner Scott Penn will also be making an appearance as is a group from new sponsors Quantum. All attendee's will be in the draw for some fabulous prizes including signed WCC Jersey, signed Bradford Jerseys and some other special draws for some "money can't buy" priveldges at the WCC game the next night.

On Sunday it's the "big game" and our group have just about the best seats in the house (other than the corporate boxes of course). Look for them on the TV as they are sure to be featured when we score our try's and especially when we win the game!!!

And then after the match there's a fantastic post match function with ALL the players in attendance.

The City of Leeds is also making a special welcome to the players and their supporters at a Function at the Leeds Town Hall on Friday afternoon.

So there's a HEAP of stuff happening and they NOT going to be bored in any way (and in between times there is always a English Pint or two isn't there!!!)

I have been working on this trip now since Tuesday morning the 7th of October and this culminated with the bulk of people leaving last night on Emirates flights from Sydney and Brisbane, via Dubai to Manchester where the real fun starts.

It's been a mamoth task, you have no idea the hours and hours of work that has gone into this to ensure that they have a fantastic time, it's what we do of course but nevertheless it's a big job!!

I'd like to thank the following people and organisations for their help.

Grant Mayer and the Manly Sea Eagles staff for allowing me to do this for the club.

Aaron Markie for his assistance with the promotion of the trip and in acting as tour leader after my inability to travel due to the birth of two grandchilden pending (one here one on the way).

Katie Baxter at the Bradford Bulls (who in fact came to see me in Brisbane recently), the Bulls have gone ouit of the way to asisst me and the group have some extra special treats in store for them (that I didn't even tell them about) on Friday night.

The London Harlequins (who assisted me with the small group than went to the game on Sunday night the 22nd of February).

The English Football League (Kevan Williams) who have gone out of their way to accommodate us for the World Club Challenge and be very patient with my numbers going up (and down) and up again and holding absolute premium seats for us when they could have sold then ten times over!!

There are a lot more people who were involved but these are the main ones or main organisations that have helped.

Quite a number of the tourists are the Dad's of the players, so it will be a special treat for them, and a special treat for the other tourists to have them on board!!

Safe travelling everyone, bring back the Cup and I am sure you'll all have many stories to tell everyone at home about what they have missed by staying in Australia.

AND

Start saving your pennies guys because if we win the 2009 Grand Final this will all happen again, and world financial problems or not, you can't miss this a second time!!!

I'd be very happy if you wanted to add your best wishes to the group for a successful campaign and a safe return below!!!

Mark Tramby
Ambassador Holidays
Brisbane

PS: Draft details of our Brisbane and Gold Coast packages are available now and we are working on a trip to Townsville for the Cowboys game as well, final details out as soon as we have firm dates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud supporter of the Eagles for over 45 years!!
Official operator of the Manly Sea Eagles Supporters Tours
Proud Screaming Eagles Member and Football Club member 2226

Mark from Brisbane link said:
On Saturday during the day most of them head up to Manchester to see the home ground of Man U and visit the Man U super store.

Its  Man Utd FFS! Man U is a slur against the team, beware you don't say anywhere around there.

Sorry Zep I couldn't care two hoots about EPL, so wasn't even aware there was a difference!!

Anyway you'll get the drift, they are off to Macnhester to see where some Soccer team plays!!!

Of course your "own" Cliffy GC is on this very trip, he's now in Dubai and has about 2 hours there before he joins the flight to Manchester...after 15 1/2 hours flying already behind him I'd say he'd be starting to look for a bed and a shower right about now!!

Sorry Zep I couldn't care two hoots about EPL, so wasn't even aware there was a difference!!
Thats fine Mark. Just be wary what you say when you are in Manchester. It would be best if you keep the same line and say that you don't support any team.

Also it was more about previous posts on this forum.

BTW as a very strong supporter of Man Utd I am very very very very jealous! Would have been good if you could have gotten a game in.

Of course your \"own\" Cliffy GC is on this very trip, he's now in Dubai and has about 2 hours there before he joins the flight to Manchester...after 15 1/2 hours flying already behind him I'd say he'd be starting to look for a bed and a shower right about now!!
Or looking for a large plate of fish & chips, a curry, a slab of Carling, and a Beefeater chaser :) Have fun Cliffy.

Yes it worried me too that he was leaving on his birthday and flying for another 15 hours before his birthday was over...poor buggars sitting next to him, they may well have not had much sleep, he'd have talked their heads off (amongst other things)

Being from Manchester I warned Mouse re the bitter rivalry between Man Ure and Leeds Utd and told him he would be wise not to mention to any Yorkshire people that he met that he was looking forward to going to (or had been to) Old trafford..those boys take it very very seriously.

Leeds has a large Indian community and as a result some fantastic curry houses and it's common that once the pub closes then the best way to continue having a beer is to the head for a "Ruby" (Ruby Murray - Curry)

I can just see Cliffy with some big daft yorkshiremen heading through the door of the Star of Bengal with the waiters looking at him and thinking..."Ere we go - better tell chef that he's in for a long night!!!" lol

See here Rowan Atkinson's monologue of an Indian waiter when the boys arrive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-yW4KlowMo

(needs sound of course....)

No Zep - Liverpool (tough gig growing up supporting Liverpool and going to school near Manchester)

Thought I may get a rise out of you...that said, looks like your title again after us dropping the 2 points against "Citeh" on the weekend.

Mind you we're looking good in the CL with the win away this morning.....

The Rowan Atkinson sketch is so realistic it cracks me up every time....I'm sure he served me one night!

vidmar link said:
No Zep - Liverpool (tough gig growing up supporting Liverpool and going to school near Manchester)
Thought I may get a rise out of you...that said, looks like your title again after us dropping the 2 points against \"Citeh\" on the weekend.
don't worry vidmar i won't hold it against you that you go for liverpool. In saying that I have grown fond of a few players in the Liverpool line up over the years including Owen, Kewell, Torres and especially Gerrard. Liverpool have been there own worst enemy. They can beat any team in the world, but they can't do it consistently.

I guess this is how everyone else feels about Menzies.

clontaago link said:
Zep, we will just call them Man Poo.
GO REDS.
Touche

That Video broke me up...I have been to many a British "Curry House"..I have some fond (and some not so fond) memories of my visits. But how many of the waiters over there are just like that...it's a classic!!

I can just imagine Cliffy rolling up for a Pint and a Curry...jeez I hope he reads this and adds a few comments on...we'll have to make sure we keep the thread going!!

Hey,

I saw some Manly supporters in the City Centre of Leeds earlier, and just wanted to say what a credit they're to your team!
I was approached by them I was wearing my 'Bradford Bulls' coat and they were asking about Steve Menzies and the Bulls generally. For the records he is really enjoying it here, has settled well into a frustrating kick off to the Bulls Super League campaign.

Anyhow, the Manly players (5-6) did a meet and greet at Leeds White Rose Shopping Centre earlier this evening, although I didn't go.

I saw a few of the boys in the City earlier just wandering around although 'again' I didn't speak with them as I didn't want to bother them.

The whole Manly team will be attending the Bradford Bulls v Huddersfield Giants game at Odsal Stadium tomorrow to support the Beaver, so if any of you're about at around 7am(tomorrow morning) then tune into  http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports

Also I shall be at Elland Road Sunday to cheer on Manly with the Beaver, my little sister is a Manly supporter too and a Rhinos one too so it will be interesting to see her face.

Good-Luck!

This just in (on the MWSE website) from Tour Leader Aaron Markie

BIG first night. There are a few still going the majority are now dead to the world (11:30pm remember that there are a fair number who have been up for about 40 hours or so).

Exciting news the Fourtynilers have been invited to a civic reception tomorrow. We thought it was going to be show and tell with the players waving from a balcony but that is far from the reality.

The Fortynilers have been invited, by the Leeds Lord Mayor (5th largest city in England) to attened a private function with the players and VIP guests.

Thank you Mr Mayor.

Then off to see Beaver play against Huddersfield straight after.

Will put together a bit of a blog tomorrow after colating all the stories on a more rested brain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Aaron Markie
Membership and Website Manager
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4