Leeds Rhinos Form.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
This weekend beat beat Featherstone 66 - Nil

Virtual full strength team against part time championship

IN other English Rugby League News :
Hull FC has basically hit the fan due to drug tests
St Helens have now returned to Knowsley Road aka Langtree Park.
Wigan just played Sean O'Loughlin's Testimonial and Kris Radlinski made a surprise appearance as a player. Basically Wigans version of Beaver played an entire season with no match fee!

Catalan have just thumped the Broncos 44 - 22

Well, haven't these 3 years gone quick since I was last here :D

Yeah, we played Featherstone Rovers, the Championship champs, last night and did ok. 1st half was good and we were 36 up. 2nd half became a training session though and we just started going through all the set moves in the book. The game was never going to be a contest though but it was good to see a strong team get a run out. The only 2 players that were rested were Sinfield and Peacock. Ben Jones-Bishop was also dropped to the under 20's trial today too.

Look out for Kallum Watkins and Zak Hardaker when we play you though. They are our centre's this season and these guys are only 20 and 19. They are on course to be Internationals if they continue thier development like they are. Watkins is a unit too... http://gcsports.zenfolio.com/p563084533/h6720a2f#hace7f69 ... he's in Pics 20-25 in that set.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you guys over too this year. Any idea how many you have officially travelling?

Oh, and St Helens have moved into Langtree Park. It's a brand new stadium on the other side of the town from Knowsley Road. Looks an awesome place though and I can't wait to visit it.

Hollywood Harrigan said:
Well, haven't these 3 years gone quick since I was last here :D

Yeah, we played Featherstone Rovers, the Championship champs, last night and did ok. 1st half was good and we were 36 up. 2nd half became a training session though and we just started going through all the set moves in the book. The game was never going to be a contest though but it was good to see a strong team get a run out. The only 2 players that were rested were Sinfield and Peacock. Ben Jones-Bishop was also dropped to the under 20's trial today too.

Look out for Kallum Watkins and Zak Hardaker when we play you though. They are our centre's this season and these guys are only 20 and 19. They are on course to be Internationals if they continue thier development like they are. Watkins is a unit too... http://gcsports.zenfolio.com/p563084533/h6720a2f#hace7f69 ... he's in Pics 20-25 in that set.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you guys over too this year. Any idea how many you have officially travelling?

Oh, and St Helens have moved into Langtree Park. It's a brand new stadium on the other side of the town from Knowsley Road. Looks an awesome place though and I can't wait to visit it.
There are two tour groups going of approximately seventy supporter,then there is the official tour group of players and staff and associates.

Hollywood.

I am the organisor of the official group's, Peter is right.....there's about 50 of us, and 20 on another tour. We are staying at the Leeds Novotel, arriving 11th February.....so you will no doubt see us around if you are a local.

The Ship Inn I think will be our "home away from home".

The players and admin staff also come in on the 11th.

You can e-mail me (see below) if you would like any further details, we had a great time over there ion 2009 and found the Rhino's fans great people....so look forward to a catch up.

Mark

Aparently Kev is injured....

So I take it Kevin Sinfeld is this (ordinary player for England but seems to make most players ordinary in a Leeds jersey)

Do you know where yo guys are in the ground? I assume it'll be the North Stand as they are the sideline seats (I appologise now for them :blush: ) Im getting my ticket this week and dont know whether to go into the Southstand or sit in the North. You wont ever have heard anything like the Southstand though when the Leeds team come out before the game.

As for Kev, he has just never really been given a chance at International level and has never had a set position, mostly coming off the interchange bench, but he is the heart of our club. He controls almost everything, whether he plays Five eighth as he did all last year or lock as he has done for the rest of his career. His kicking game is one of the best in the world and and he is the leader of the team. Saying that, we have so many good kids coming through now, and Danny McGuire is more than capable of taking this team around the park these days. He has really matured and developed in the last 2 or 3 years and when he has his game head on theres no better half in the league.

The highlights of the trial on Friday should be online later tonight so ill post them on here and show you the type of team we are looking to be this year.

Have a safe journey over as well to the guys who are making the trip. Hope to see a few of you in a few weeks time.

will be interesting to see how they lineup against Lyon and Matai.

Often thought it is the outside backs that have let England down in the past so it is good to see that there developing them now. Hopefully they can stay in league

Leeds is an amazing place and the people are lovely. Headingly is really unique as one stand is double sided with on side being part of the footy ground and the other fronting on to the cricket oval. The rhinos fans were great sports in 09

Coincidentally, our main stand is the North Stand :D

I got tickets last night. Normally I'd be in the South stand but I'm taking my Kiwi mate who didn't want to stand up. We're the far side of the main stand to you in section A. It was the only place in the ground where you could get 2 seats together.

Hollywood you can help me, is there a good pub near Headingly that I can take the group to prior to the game, like it to be full of Rhino supporters so we (and they) can soak up a bit of atmosphere

Headingley is student central in Leeds and the area is packed with good pubs and bars. We normally start in the Headingley Taps and head over to the Arc, but you also have the Oak, the Box, Woodies, trio. All decent stuff. The Taps is probably the busiest and you can get a pint for anywhere between £2-3 in there, which is very cheap for you guys with the current exchange rate. The Arc is a bit more up market (modern bar) but they make their drinks cheaper if you produce a match ticket.

Drop me a PM and ill try and help you out the best as possible wherever I can.

Here's the highlights from the Friday night Trial game against Featherstone. Some good tries mixed in with some easy tries, but they are the division below us. Watkins is 3 and Hardaker's 4 BTW.

http://therhinos.co.uk/news/18477.php

And here's the 20's (plus Ben Jones-Bishop and Ian Kirke) Highlights in their 22-20 victory over Hunslet (same division as Featherstone) on Sunday. There's 4 or 5 players in this game who will all be looking to push into 1st grade this season. Ben Jones-Bishop and Ian Kirke both played in the grand final last season but seem to have started this year on the outside

http://therhinos.co.uk/news/18476.php

Some better quality highlights of Fridays game with commentary. A bit more in depth too... for anyone who cares haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO5q39Xwr-E&feature=related

Thanks for the highlights Hollywood but if thats the best you"ve got we are going to have you for English breakfast.

BOZO said:
Thanks for the highlights Hollywood but if thats the best you"ve got we are going to have you for English breakfast.

Don't you worry. That was our 1 and only trial game and we never got out of 2nd gear. The crowd its self will be worth a 6 point lead :)

How are you guys looking like lining up? We will probably go (if fit)...

Webb
Jones-Bishop/Smith
Watkins
Hardaker
Hall

Sinfield
McGuire

Bailey
McShane
Peacock
Jones-Buchanon
Clarkson
Ablett

Burrow
Leuluai
Moore/Griffin
Delaney/Hauraki

Mark from Brisbane said:
A big thanks publicly to Hollywood who has been helping me out with local Leeds information so we are better prepared for the trip, nothing like knowing from a local which are the best pubs

And no worries. Im happy to help with any info you might need. I hope next year it's hosted over there though so you can return the favour :D

Burrow had a great game against us last time, that game against a nothing pom team is no reason for any fears

A grade teams aren't a real test

Wasn't really impressed with McShane now Hood is the player to watch, attack seems more dangerous and flowing with him on.

At a guess of a line up

1. B.Stewart
2. D.Williams
3. J.Lyon
4. S.Matai
5. Oldfield/Farrar
6. Foran
7. DCE
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Kite
11. Watmough