Leagues Club site redevelopment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Penn's sold it last year the GSW Property Holdings, but the agreement had a long settlement date which was due in March just gone I believe.

The pie in the sky proposed 11-storey development got slapped down quickly and then rescinded mid last year, at the time the architect said he hoped to have adjusted plans submitted within a month or so.

Not a word since.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

A sad state of affairs for the leagues club to have to move and merge with the north manly bowling club The downhill slide will continue there

Leagues Club gone :exclamation:

Amalgamation of Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited ABN 85 000 193 251 (“League Club”)
with North Manly Bowling and Recreation Club Ltd ABN 13 000 105 831 (“Bowling Club”)

Leagues Club GM 28 June 7pm

http://manlyleagues.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Notice-of-GMeeting-MLC-Members-23-5-2016.pdf

wtf! this is finally the first year I get to vote....and the club goes away!

quick..members tell me how to vote! (now @vidmar has retired with his billions.)

quick..members tell me how to vote! (now @vidmar has retired with his billions.)
Relax - This is the Leagues Club, not the FC

It's been out of Members hands since the property was sold off

Now the Developer wants vacant possession, so it's off to North Manly Bowls Club after home games :confused:

Not sure how, as it's miles south of Brookie :(

Relax - This is the Leagues Club, not the FC

It's been out of Members hands since the property was sold off

Now the Developer wants vacant possession, so it's off to North Manly Bowls Club after home games :confused:

Not sure how, as it's miles south of Brookie :(

Ah, thanks. (reading is hard...stoopid ge)

I used to be a member of the leagues club but let it slide. The travel to get there friday nights was killing me! (lol)

Leagues Club and Football Club are two separate entities. You'll still be able to exercise your democratic right as the Footy Club isn't going anywhere.....yet

Gahhhh no this will upset the 5 people that go on non game days or that aren't taking their kids to swimming lessons!

It's sad, but the Leagues Club failed to modernise and provide patrons with what they want. Look no further than Dee Why RSL and Harbord Diggers to see what they could have been if they had been managed by progressive thinkers as those two nearby clubs are.

• 0 Jun 2016
  • Manly Daily
  • Sarah Swain
Clubs give nod to merger

Only 50 pokies expected when Manly Leagues moves to Club North Manly site
THE merger of a leagues club and a bowling club, which saw councillors air fears about problem gambling, will go ahead.

Brookvale’s Manly Leagues Club and Club North Manly have voted to join together, which could see the leagues club move to the bowling club’s site in District Park, North Manly.

The leagues club eventually hopes to redevelop the site in a $6 million plan – if it wins a bid for a new lease on the site when the current agreement expires next August.

However, bosses have said they will have only around 50 pokies.

A councillor expressed fears last year that they could transfer up to 200 from the Brookvale site.

Manly Leagues Club CEO Craig Norman confirmed both clubs had agreed on the move and said they now needed to get permission from the Office of Liqueur and Gaming.

“Everyone has said the club is going to move all the pokies down there – that’s not our intention,” Mr Norman said. “We are looking at around 50,” he said.

Secretary-manager for Club North Manly, Paul Campbell, said he was pleased with the deal.

“What it will do is improve our chances of signing an extended or longterm lease with the Northern Beaches Council,” he said.

Then Warringah councillor Pat Daley wanted to restrict Club North Manly to its current 12 poker machines as more should not be allowed in the “totally inappropriate location”.

Mr Daley said he welcomed the plan for a small amount of pokies.

A Northern Beaches Council spokeswoman, said: “Council will take into consideration the community feedback and are progressing finalising the tender criteria and documentation which will be released later this year.”

I'm confused by this paragraph: The leagues club eventually hopes to redevelop the site in a $6 million plan – if it wins a bid for a new lease on the site when the current agreement expires next August.
Can someone explain this?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6