Leagues Club Info evening

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
1B65970B-6D53-43A5-A16E-55703B515DB2.jpeg

Please note this is the Licensed Club not the Footy team (Sea Eagles) or the Football Club (MWDRLFC).

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good with the new maroon and white frontage and even a fancy electronic signage :)

I believe they have a new 3 year extension of the lease from Penn after Manly Norths Bowling Club deal died :happy:

What ever happened to the Chinese buyers of the club and the car park?
That deal is a partnership with options I believe.

The rate that the cement structures have sprung up along Pittwater Road means that there are too many dwellings ATM.

As soon as Reagan approves a 30 level structure, the LC will move :cool:

From all the external improvements it looks like the LC is not moving anywhere soon :)

I used to be a Member when you could tick the box on the manly membership renewal site.

But I let it lapse.

Why did I think that the leagues club was moved to the bowling club? :banghead:

The North Manly Bowling Club deal ended when they were not the prefer tender for all of the sports club there (including Tennis & Golf Club). Now a derelict Bowls Club building (Manly Leagues totally out).

Manly Leagues recently signed a 3 year rent extension on the Leagues Club. I'm glad to hear they are trading better. If you look at the Balance Sheet under the Assets not much there now, really the 2nd hand value of the Pokie Machines. They can’t make large trading losses or could go solvent.

The grand plan if Brookvale Oval‘s Southern Stand along Pittwater Rd got fully redeveloped (rebuilt) they would love a smaller club based there (could also have a Sea Eagles Museum or History Wall in that part of a new Club).

That’s the grander plans and that with Brookvale being rezone & refreshed (eventually) - links below. The part along Pittwater Rd down to Warringah Mall they want 5 stories units and Brookvale to have a real Town Centre.

A new upgraded Brookvale Oval would be on the fringe of this new Town Centre.

Brookvale’s vision (some links):

https://yoursay.northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au/BrookvaleMasterplan

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...b/news-story/9cda60edc67e2f58496a4a7d56790d39

Last edited:
Is that you Ian Thomson?

You could do some back of stand (and under) stuff on the existing F-M structure, but ideally it’s a knockdown, multi-tiered rebuild. Those existing supports under the stands make for a challenging refurb/expansion.

I believe that the revered Ian Thomson left the Club and is now CEO at Forestville RSL Club. The Club, unfortunately, did not make much money under his tenure.

Eagles Nest 78 is correct about the North Manly BC - they pulled out 12 months ago (with only 2 or 3 weeks notice) stating that the Bowlo was not profitable. Seeing that the Leagues Club had total financial and operational control, who should take responsibility for that?

The truth is that they had just been granted a 3 year extn of their Brookvale lease as from July 2019 and no longer needed the North Manly site.

I believe that the revered Ian Thomson left the Club and is now CEO at Forestville RSL Club. The Club, unfortunately, did not make much money under his tenure.

Eagles Nest 78 is correct about the North Manly BC - they pulled out 12 months ago (with only 2 or 3 weeks notice) stating that the Bowlo was not profitable. Seeing that the Leagues Club had total financial and operational control, who should take responsibility for that?

The truth is that they had just been granted a 3 year extn of their Brookvale lease as from July 2019 and no longer needed the North Manly site.

Yeah the North Manly BC was a back up plan if got pushed out in 2019 when the current Leagues Club lease was to end. Then the Club also thought running dual clubs could be a good business plan (but the messy North Manly BC tender with Council ended that). Anyway they still need a new back up plan if they get totally pushed out in 3 years time if fully redeveloped the Pittwater Rd premises. If a new club could be built at Brookvale Oval 'Commercially' that is always another idea, but how realistic is that 3, 5, or 10 years away?

Extract from 2018 Leagues Club Annual Report the old Leagues Club will be knocked down eventually:
“three year extension has now been confirmed. This lease means that we now have certainty of occupation in the current premises until May 2022. This is great news for our members. It also gives the Board more time to develop a long term solution to the seemingly inevitable demolition of the Club’s spiritual home at 563 Pittwater Road Brookvale.”

Here was the plan 4 years ago if the League Club land & car park did get rebuilt (now on the back burner). Posted photos (below) as link may have not worked.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...b/news-story/f08d2d36c8bbb4a8d6ab4f9432b1c088
dde846343117b7ebf18b67a0f7a82bf2

Back in 2015: Concept plan for the Manly Warringah Leagues Club site courtesy of Drew Dickson Architects

e2407b0afd1ea49cda31a513db52916d

Back in 2015: The new owners of the Manly Warringah Leagues Club site have unveiled their vision for the site.

The Manly Leagues Club Net Assets (Members Funds) @ 31/10/2018 stands $3.8 million. Mostly Gross Assets held Property, plant & equipment $2.3 million & Poker Machine license values (212 Poker Machines) worth $4 million. Not much cash or investments to call upon if traded into another loss year which need to avoid.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8