Lawrence to extend contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Lawrence to extend deal

Good news if thats true. Lawrence has been a quality find and another great example of a player who blossomed at manly

BJ is such a personable Player.

Good decision to extend his stay at Manly:)

Hope he has recovered from his knee injury in the Parra game :angel:

Great news. BJ loves the club, and has been a good buy for us.

Great news.

Things are looking good for Manly's future if guys like Lawrence want to stick around.

Good news. He is the type of person the club should use when recruiting. We should be telling players you can take a few dollars elsewhere or you can help you reach your potential. BJ is just another one added to the list of many who we have helped in the same way.

mozgrame said:
Snake said:
Good signing, but I hope we buy a big angry ... for next year as well.

Agree. Any ideas??

I still think Martin Kennedy. I know he is yet to be released, and I know he has played poorly this year, but he big, aggressive, and Toovey gets the best out of players. Given the Donkeys cap issues and the need to clear some room to accommodate Boyd, it's a possibility they could turn him loose. The issue is can we fit him under our cap? Choc is on close to a mil next season, and you'd think if we had money to spend, it would have gone to Gifty.

Alternatively, we could offer Russell Packer a life line? I don't condone what he did, but we gave Gary Winter a contract after serving time in the can, and Packer is the kind of big angry monster we need. Apparently Mitch Allgood has been shown the door by the Eels for next year as well, but I don't really want him at Manly after what he did to Matai.

Snake said:
mozgrame said:
Snake said:
Good signing, but I hope we buy a big angry ... for next year as well.

Agree. Any ideas??

I still think Martin Kennedy. I know he is yet to be released, and I know he has played poorly this year, but he big, aggressive, and Toovey gets the best out of players. Given the Donkeys cap issues and the need to clear some room to accommodate Boyd, it's a possibility they could turn him loose. The issue is can we fit him under our cap? Choc is on close to a mil next season, and you'd think if we had money to spend, it would have gone to Gifty.

Alternatively, we could offer Russell Packer a life line? I don't condone what he did, but we gave Gary Winter a contract after serving time in the can, and Packer is the kind of big angry monster we need. Apparently Mitch Allgood has been shown the door by the Eels for next year as well, but I don't really want him at Manly after what he did to Matai.

In all honesty, I'm not opposed to either idea. I think Kennedy is actually quite skilful as a prop. He has a good offload, and as you say, has the aggression needed.

Packer would not make the same mistakes twice, but I don't know if he'll make it back to top grade. I would like to see it though as I always rated him too.

Mitch Allgood..... my jury is still out on.

If I'm truly honest, and I know for a fact Jason Hetherington would choke me for this, value for money, Peter Gallen would be worth a shot. He maybe a little short, but his strength, energy and hunger would be unmatched. He is a true competitor that wants to succeed in league on his own merits. He does not want to be known as Paul's Brother.

If it were up to me, I'd be calling him for a chat.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4