Laurie Daley eyes Sea Eagles young guns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
Hey Lozza, keep ya mitts off our blokes!

State of Origin is still a long way off but NSW coach Laurie Daley already has his eye on three young Sea Eagles stars, picked to participate in the 2014 Under 20s Origin Pathways Camp this weekend.

The skill and potential of the Manly trio Clinton Gutherson, Rhys Armstrong and Jake Trbojevic attracted Daley's attention and the NSW coach is keen to foster these future Origin players, picking them to join his 37-man squad.

The program is seen by the Blues Coach as an effective pathway for the young league players of Australia, who have not only shown first grade potential but excelled on the representative stage.

"These camps are something that Ricky Stuart brought into the Origin system when he was in charge and I continue them because I believe they have some real merit to them," said Blues coach Laurie Daley.

All three players have come through the NSW juniors system, with Gutherson and Trbojevic playing NSW U20s this year, while Armstrong was picked for the NSW U18s.

Local juniors Trbojevic and Gutherson's selections come on the back of stirling seasons that saw both make their NRL debuts at Brookvale Oval before being selected in the Junior Kangaroo's squad.

Armstrong's inclusion is an early indication of the new Sea Eagles signing's potential, demonstrating the strength and depth of Manly's 2014 recruitment.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Laurie-Daley-eyes-Sea-Eagles-young-guns/87902

Laurie Daley already has his eye on three young Sea Eagles stars

[edit - inappropriate language]

CAMBO said:
hairylittlehobbit said:
Anyone know anything about Armstrong?

Apparently Asada want to talk to him about his peptide use during the Tour de France
Do you have to be a smart ass all the time Cam?

He's still on the moon hairylittlehobbit.

Darren said:
Guys, let's get back on topic please. General and humourous banter in general forum would be appreciated.

I don't take orders from you. If Dan or a mod tell me I'm posting in the wrong forum, then I'll listen.

Darren said:
Guys, let's get back on topic please. General and humourous banter in general forum would be appreciated.

I know we have had our differences Darren and for the best part I ignore your posts now. But With respect don't you think we all should leave the moderating to the Moderators.

It's offseason after all and surely a little bit of attempted humor surely doesn't hurt anyone.

Hopefully the Club will put some info up about the kid in the New Year.

@hairlittlehobbit
I googled Rhys it appears he was apart of the tigers all conquering SG Ball side last year that not only win SG ball but the national U18 title by beating Redcliffe.

He played 5/8 in that side.
http://www.ourfootyteam.com/2013_sgBall_rnd_14_national_u18_final_dolphins_v_tigers_1stHalf.php

http://m.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Double-the-amount-of-fun-for-debutants/76413

bones said:
Darren said:

I don't take orders from you. If Dan or a mod tell me I'm posting in the wrong forum, then I'll listen.

Ha Ha this is a scream playground tiff at its best :D

Jatz Crackers said:
bones said:

CAMBO said:
But With respect don't you think we all should leave the moderating to the Moderators.

You pair just cant help yourselves can you.

Sorry Jatz but isn't the point I make a fair one.
You yourself quiet rightly reprimanded another poster for doing the exact same thing in another thread early this week.

All the moderators including you jatz do a fantastic job keeping this site going and should be left to Moderate the forum that was the point I was making and that was a point I made in a respectful manner.

I then also did what no one else has done in this thread so far and googled the kid and shared the info with the forum. To be honest he sounds like a great signing for the club.

Jatz Crackers said:
bones said:

CAMBO said:
But With respect don't you think we all should leave the moderating to the Moderators.

You pair just cant help yourselves can you.

Yes. I took a short-cut to work this morning. That helped me.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8