Latest annoying Storm tactic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
The strip the ball rule was changed to allow that if a player fell off a tackle and it was one-on-one a player could then still strip at the ball.
The latest tactic from the Storm has evolved this season and is really grinding my gears....Players are going in with one getting their arms around the ball of the ball carrier and a second is holding the player upright,and then the player holding upright lets go and puts hands in the air while the player with arms around the ball starts reefing at the ball as soon as the other tackler lets go and so ball is stripped.
I don't give an eff if it is legal or not,it is a crap way to play the game and I doubt that it was in the spirit or intentions of why the rule was changed.Bellamy is playing to the rules of the game but I hope the NRL look at this quickly as I don't want to see this garbage becoming part of the modern game...
P.S. Cechin still grinds my gears with another biased display last night.
P.P.S Hows the magnificent use of paragraphs grammar/punctuation/blah blah police?(don't get used to it ;) )

The strip the ball rule was changed to allow that if a player fell off a tackle and it was one-on-one a player could then still strip at the ball.
The latest tactic from the Storm has evolved this season and is really grinding my gears....Players are going in with one getting their arms around the ball of the ball carrier and a second is holding the player upright,and then the player holding upright lets go and puts hands in the air while the player with arms around the ball starts reefing at the ball as soon as the other tackler lets go and so ball is stripped.
I don't give an eff if it is legal or not,it is a crap way to play the game and I doubt that it was in the spirit or intentions of why the rule was changed.Bellamy is playing to the rules of the game but I hope the NRL look at this quickly as I don't want to see this garbage becoming part of the modern game...
P.S. Cechin still grinds my gears with another biased display last night.
P.P.S Hows the magnificent use of paragraphs grammar/punctuation/blah blah police?(don't get used to it ;) )

Bonus kudos for correctly using PS, PPS and not the other way around like some who wont be named. lol

But it's no surprise. I've said before that 90% of everything that's wrong with the nrl players stems from Bellamy.

Crushers, chicken wings, ball stripping.

A year or so ago they started wrapping one arm around the ball carrier's arm then sliding outwards. Ball pops out, storm can claim no hands on the ball. Haven't done it too much recently I see.

everything about them are scum and the fear the refs have in seeing the storm lose is a mystery for the ages.

They also use the three man tackle to set their defensive line by holding up the player until “held” is called, then collapsing him to the ground and slowly getting off him. It’s all legal, and it all gains them precious seconds with which to get on side and set..

Its all about when and where the Storm get the penalties....Back to back sets getting them out of their 30....saves a lot of petrol. And the Storm were doing the same thing just not penalized for it.

They also use the three man tackle to set their defensive line by holding up the player until “held” is called, then collapsing him to the ground and slowly getting off him. It’s all legal, and it all gains them precious seconds with which to get on side and set..

I'm perfectly ok with the game being slowed down.
We play touch footy too much these days.
Momentum has too much of an influence imo, with the defending team having no legal way to stop it, other than herculean defensive efforts.

The only issue with slowing the ruck down, is getting the NRL and refs to enforce a slower ruck consistently, across all teams.

There is enough skill level in the NRL, and enough fatigue to still produce exciting footy without superfast rucks.
Sht, if AGrade players in the bush can do it, surely the NRL players can.

Thank you, I have been holding back from commenting on the PSS - what the

Dear Miss Kate,

For your, and @Smokin Joe 's info ..... the PSS began as a simple seniors moment ... however, the immediate and ruthless condemnation by @globaleagle was of such magnitude ... one would have thought I had used who instead of whom .....

As you Joe have learnt with the paragraphs .. the moose is hard to please .... continuing to use PSS or even PSSS is simply my small way of rebelling against big brother ...

Don't get me started...It annoys the hell out of me to see the call of held and it is usually Smith coming in immediately at the legs and collapsing the player just after the call of held and gains their defence extra seconds....

Momentum has too much of an influence imo, with the defending team having no legal way to stop it, other than herculean defensive efforts.

The only issue with slowing the ruck down, is getting the NRL and refs to enforce a slower ruck consistently, across all teams.

There is enough skill level in the NRL, and enough fatigue to still produce exciting footy without superfast rucks.

Agree .... I have never equated a faster game with a better game .... but as you say .... the key is that it is ref'd consistently ...

Scumos have the 1 on 1 strip move down.:cool:

2 or more tackle and disorientate the attacker, then a scumo calls for it so his mates fall off and he rips out the ball :swear:

All due to the Refs allowing the wrestle :mad:
That's why I switched off as it was obvious that the Refs would allow this latest scumo abomination to continue :swear:

The only solution is for the ball carrier to grab one of the tacklers' arms and prevent a 1 on 1 ever occuring in an initial group tackle :cool:

NRL's rule changes continue to bastardise our game :mad:

Dear Miss Kate,

For your, and @Smokin Joe 's info ..... the PSS began as a simple seniors moment ... however, the immediate and ruthless condemnation by @globaleagle was of such magnitude ... one would have thought I had used who instead of whom .....

As you Joe have learnt with the paragraphs .. the moose is hard to please .... continuing to use PSS or even PSSS is simply my small way of rebelling against big brother ...
I know....it is the really important things that keep some people up all night.The paragraphs are just my infantile mind/humour stirring the pot,as soon as another butterfly comes along to attract my attention...oooh ah an orange and black one.....

I preferred rugby league before the wrestle. i was a centre and playing under the 5 metre rule so space created by quick 2nd phase play was gold. I understand the game has morphed and is still evolving but i don't like where it is going. I love fatigue playing a factor in the game and outcome especially one dominated by big bodies. I thought the Rorters and St Merge game was a good finishing game with both sides exhausted in the last 20 minutes which resulted in Duffy's sizzling try and the great try by Taukeiaho at the end coming from a great tackle by Friend to dislodge the footy from Duffy and fatigue amongst the St George big men. I've got to say Taukeiaho has a huge engine. So I say speed up the play the ball (eliminate the wrestle) and reduce the interchanges.

So I say speed up the play the ball (eliminate the wrestle) and reduce the interchanges.

Speeding up of the ruck has got us to this stage of coaches (Bellamy mainly) coming up with new and inventive ways to slow it down.

I say we take the deliberate slowing of the ruck out of coaches hands, rule that the ruck can be legally slower, and force coaches to come up with inventive ways to score points against a slightly less fatigued defence.

Encourage innovative attack to score points !!

Not touch footy , one out and dummy half runs with supersonic rucks speed.

Dear Miss Kate,

Reading PSSSS' is like listening to CH 9's commentary!

:p

:)

I just hate it when the ref calls held 3 times and then the defence still puts the player on the deck. If the ref calls held, then release, cant then drive a player back and put them on their back. Storm get away with that all game. Its a bore fest

I know....it is the really important things that keep some people up all night.The paragraphs are just my infantile mind/humour stirring the pot,as soon as another butterfly comes along to attract my attention...oooh ah an orange and black one.....

That's probably a Monarch Butterfly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7