Last chance or Rookie call

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Love nothing more than Des at the helm of Manly - he lives and breathes Manly....but if there is not a solid performance tomorrow vs Illawarra, it's time to straight up give Schuster and Hoppa a crack, plus like to see Guocomole have a run as he adds more attacking options through the ruck than anyone we have atm.
Hope to see a big effort tomorrow, but feel it's time these youngsters need a crack sooner rather than later and just maybe, could change the momentum of our season....

Love nothing more than Des at the helm of Manly - he lives and breathes Manly....but if there is not a solid performance tomorrow vs Illawarra, it's time to straight up give Schuster and Hoppa a crack, plus like to see Guocomole have a run as he adds more attacking options through the ruck than anyone we have atm.
Hope to see a big effort tomorrow, but feel it's time these youngsters need a crack sooner rather than later and just maybe, could change the momentum of our season....
I don’t give a Shiite about finals this year and would prefer we let this year go and focus on blooding for the future

This year is shaping up to be a Panthers Eels GF.
Add Roosters and Storm.....Newcastle and Raiders just off the pace, then unfortunately it's Manly in a cluster of hopefuls...but your right with Penrith and Eels just getting it done and seem to have room to improve when the whips crack...

You are talking about a bloke that kept Buhrer on the bench for 2 years ... giving him 5 mins a week .... that's if he even got on the field .....

Change happens slowly in Dessie's world ..... it happens .... but slowly .....

Too slowly for my liking. It’s like jumping on a slow train watching the express wiz past half through the journey.

We will lose them if we don’t play them.

its not as if the squad in front of them is playing so well they can’t get a look in.

I’d be more than happy for Tafua, JetSki and croker to not play again this year and take whatever Schuster, hoppa and olakatau give us, coz don’t reckon it would be any worse and will hold them in better stead for next year when the weaker members of our 17 are not here or they become the depth players

You don't blood guys who haven't ever had a run in reserve grade in a team that is already struggling with a lack of cohesion. Especially in key positions. There's a long line of "failed" halves who have had their confidence knocked by being thrown to the wolves too early. Also, consider the damage it would do to someone like Cust who has earned a chance to show what he's capable of and is somewhat experienced against men.

It's easy to throw a fast guy from reggies onto the wing in a team thats doing really well against a weak opposition and for them to score tries. It's more telling when the opposition is quality and the games are close. Look at the Tigers rookie Hoffman the other night, he looked good with the ball but every try Souths scored was down his edge. The step up in defensive requirements from younger grades is enormous.

You are talking about a bloke that kept Buhrer on the bench for 2 years ... giving him 5 mins a week .... that's if he even got on the field .....

Change happens slowly in Dessie's world ..... it happens .... but slowly .....

Is that you at the last highland games Woodsie?

You don't blood guys who haven't ever had a run in reserve grade in a team that is already struggling with a lack of cohesion. Especially in key positions. There's a long line of "failed" halves who have had their confidence knocked by being thrown to the wolves too early. Also, consider the damage it would do to someone like Cust who has earned a chance to show what he's capable of and is somewhat experienced against men.

It's easy to throw a fast guy from reggies onto the wing in a team thats doing really well against a weak opposition and for them to score tries. It's more telling when the opposition is quality and the games are close. Look at the Tigers rookie Hoffman the other night, he looked good with the ball but every try Souths scored was down his edge. The step up in defensive requirements from younger grades is enormous.
So, your argument is let's stick with experienced players who aren't up to NRL standard with little hope of improvement rather than trying new players who may be even worse?
I think you need another beer because your glass is empty.

You've only gotta look at Ash Taylor, he is now the butt of all the jokes but the kid was an absolute star in the junior grades. The expectation of being the saviour of a struggling club weighed so heavy on him that his development actually went backwards and eventually had to seek treatment for his mental health.

Ideally we would bring our youngsters into a side that's playing well after they are showing good form in NSW cup. I agree if this season is over for us then they should get some experience for us but to expect the to save our season is unrealistic and unfair.

You've only gotta look at Ash Taylor, he is now the butt of all the jokes but the kid was an absolute star in the junior grades. The expectation of being the saviour of a struggling club weighed so heavy on him that his development actually went backwards and eventually had to seek treatment for his mental health.

Ideally we would bring our youngsters into a side that's playing well after they are showing good form in NSW cup. I agree if this season is over for us then they should get some experience for us but to expect the to save our season is unrealistic and unfair.
Ash Taylor has issues outside of footy.

Lets face it we all know the way Des Hasler ticks.

The fans of the Bulldogs whinged for years when he was there, he was the same with them and the same with us last time.

He's a great coach , loved by the players and results driven but that's one down side that we are all aware of.

I don't expect those young players to get much of a go, maybe last game or two if we aren't playing for a finals spot.

Sorry @The Wheel I am trying to be nice in what I said!

I get what you are saying and it is often good to slowly ease players in, but there are also times it is worth taking the punt.

You mention Ash Taylor but his issue wasnt be blooded too early...hell he wass playing well enough at one stage to earn a million dollar contract.

Also look at Cleary. 1 NSW cup game and straight in

Agree with young Hoffman. But in fairness, his experienced inside men let him down terribly. Brooks, and especially Mbye left him wondering are we up and in, are we darting out of the line to cut the offence off early. It was diabolical.
But I take your point. Hoffman came in with big wraps on him as a young up and comer, but Madge will be working overtime to instil some confidence back into him after the other night.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2