Larissa: Back to Brookie after GF?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
I had a great time making my way from Homebush to Brookie after 2011 win. Running around the field with my son was a blast; my one from one field goal attempt from 30m out a cherished memory; quit while I was was ahead.

What's planned this year? Would be great if it was back at our home ground again. Only thing I would change would be to allow the players to roam free at the ground. Could hardly see them when they arrived and were placed inside a fenced box.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Better tag her so she sees this thread @Larissa

Larissa had mentioned earlier in the week that there wouldn't be an event at Brookie this year.

The GF finishes about 9:30 this year, so the Players won't be back till after midnight :(

Plus the Warringah Council Grinch has doubled the hiring fee for Brookie :mad:

But I agree, there is nothing like having Manly to ourselves and cheering them senseless after another Premiership win :)

Larissa mentioned the Fan day on Thursday, which usually is packed out along the Corso from about 11.
It has been a great success, and I've met people there who have never been to Manly - but made the effort to thank the Premiers :angel:

Bring home the Trophy Manly :exclamation:

That's a shame.

I remember in 2001 after the Knights won a night GF there was about 14,000 people at their home ground at about 1:30am just for the chance to cheer their team and get a first hand look at the trophy.

I remember wishing we were able to do something similar in 2008 and thinking the poor doorman at the leagues club would agree with me as he tried to hold the jubilant but chaotic crowd at bay.

I remember in 2011 when the club sold tickets to the event at brookie thinking what a great idea to make some extra cash for the club (who knew how celebrations would grind to a halt just a couple of days later) and how awesome it was watching highlights of the GF on the big screen to the tune of Eagle Rock on repeat as we waited for the Premiers.

Is this just a case of the club not thinking that our fans are dedicated enough to hang around a few hours later or is it more to do with council fees and local resident whinger groups?

Either way there is nothing to stop a large crowd gathering there anyway and I defy the club to ignore 14,000 fans at 1am. Doubtful we will manage anything like this though as it seems some Manly fans are bored with winning so often or something.

Anyway this is obviously only a theoretical gripe at this stage that I HOPE becomes a reality with a big win for the mighty Sea Eagles!

MAAAAAANNNNNNLLLLLYYYYYY!!!!!!

Brookie Brawler - I would suggest that it is nothing to do with the club thinking "we are not dedicated enough", and more to do with the fact that there would be inevitable noise issues holding an event there that would go well after midnight.

Brookie Brawler said:
That's a shame.

Is this just a case of the club not thinking that our fans are dedicated enough to hang around a few hours later or is it more to do with council fees and local resident whinger groups?

Morning everyone,

Yes, unfortunately with the late kick-off for this year's Grand Final we will not be able to go back to Brookvale Oval after the game.

More details on a Fan Day next week will be announced as plans are finalised.

Cheers & Go Manly!

Larissa

I don't know why the NRL don't hire allphones arena after the game for the winning team and surpporters to go back to. I think Melbourne did that last year.

andrew m said:
I don't know why the NRL don't hire allphones arena after the game for the winning team and surpporters to go back to. I think Melbourne did that last year.

cost, cost, cost and One Direction

andrew m said:

They'll have to share with ONE DIRECTION then. Truly, my daughter is going to the concert and it's on at the exactly same time as the NRL GF.

voicefromthehill said:
Brookie Brawler - I would suggest that it is nothing to do with the club thinking "we are not dedicated enough", and more to do with the fact that there would be inevitable noise issues holding an event there that would go well after midnight.

Brookie Brawler said:
That's a shame.

I suspect you are right VFTH. Still a shame though.

Anyway, like I said it will b a nice problem to have should it arise - not being able to celebrate another premiership in my preferred fashion.

A first world problem if you will that Souths fans can only dream of : -)

captainskin said:
andrew m said:

They'll have to share with ONE DIRECTION then. Truly, my daughter is going to the concert and it's on at the exactly same time as the NRL GF.
I know they are on. But they might want to think about it in the future.

I think it's best if they get back to the club and join the party there (win or lose) but it's a shame that the fans who go to the game have no chance of getting in afterwards.

The leagues club should close off the top level of the car park and let people party up there like the Caxton does with their carpark on game days.

CAMBO said:
The leagues club should close off the top level of the car park and let people party up there like the Caxton does with their carpark on game days.

The risk and compliance manager's pulse just started racing...........

Bradza said:
CAMBO said:

The risk and compliance manager's pulse just started racing...........
They could rope of the street down then setup two Marquees for can bars in the bottom uncovered car park next to the players house.

We could all go to @Larissa house.

Ladies bring a plate, men will need to knock on the door with their elbows because the hands will be carrying drinks.

I guess the old argument of 'it doesn't happen very often' probably doesn't work too well with the neighbours anymore. Damn price of success...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2