Laptop secrets for Success

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
MANLY will use cutting-edge technology previously available only to the Wallabies and NFL teams to give them an edge in tonight's grand final.

The Sea Eagles will have access to live video streaming of the game, which will allow them to review every aspect of the play as the game unfolds.

In an instant, Manly coach Des Hasler and his assistants will be able to call up broadcast-quality footage of practically anything they like - left-side plays, fifth-tackle options, penalties, dummy half runs - on a laptop.

Manly's video analyst Will Badel can even pull together a video package for his troops at half-time, showing them where to target the Storm based on the opening 40 minutes of play.

Video analysis has been used by all teams for a number of years, but Manly are the first NRL club to have the technology to dissect play in real-time.

It could be the weapon that tips the balance in Manly's favour.

"It allows a coach to say, 'show me all our plays down the left' or, 'show me what the last three penalties were for' or, 'show me how they end their sets'," said Andrew Moufarrige, CEO of Sportsdata, which developed the technology.

"You can break down any key performance indicator you want straight away."

ADRIAN PROSZENKO
Source: The Sun-Herald

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7