Lakers v Celtics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Anybody else watching the finals ?

Lakers dominated game 1, hoping for a Celtics hit back tomorrow afternoon, Rondo is the key

Yeah, I'm definitely watching, great game yesterday. Rondo was indeed the key - he completely took over late in the 4th. Ray wasn't too shoddy either...

Great to see the series 1-1 and heading back to Boston, hope the C's can go on from here.

That tear drop shot of Rondo's in the 1st quarter was amazing, nothing but net. Ray Allen was on fire, 7 straight !! Thought they had let it slip just before halftime but managed to hold on

Will see tomorrow's game but likely to miss the rest of the series because i will be away

I thought they'd lost their chance too, after the Lakers had that run at the start of the 3rd. Tomorrow's game is huge. I think whoever wins it will take the title. Hopefully KG and Pierce can step it up a notch.

I love seeing Kobe sulk after a loss - he's the Thurston of the NBA (best player, best sook, best at blowing up at his teammates, etc)

KE, I m a big Celtics fan and have been for the past 30 odd years. I will never forget their glory days of the 80's against the Rockets and the Lakers.

Paul Osborne (CEO of the Slime) who I know pretty well used to compete against each other in CCHS competition.

Hopefully Ray Allen will fire in game 7 and sink plenty of those downtown bombs.

It been pretty lean for the Celtics of late but they have found their Mojo over the last couple of seasons.

Managed to watch the end of it while at Parramatta mall today. Were some massive shots made at the end of the match from numerous players, no idea how Rondo knocked his one down

Wanted the Celtics to win, but Kobe was pure class throughout the series

Wow, huge news in the NBA the past couple of days. LeBron and Bosh joining Wade in Miami. Add a quality big man and they should at worst be playing finals basketball

Feel for the Cleveland fans though

If we squashed Georgie in the bulk may take him up to 7 foot haha

Maybe we should be concerned though, according to his Facebook Will Hopoate has signed with the Heat as well haha

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Wow, huge news in the NBA the past couple of days. LeBron and Bosh joining Wade in Miami. Add a quality big man and they should at worst be playing finals basketball

Feel for the Cleveland fans though

TBH, my opinion of Lebron has gone down significantly. It's not so much his decision as the way he went about it - the televised special was just an embarrassing exercise in ego, and he didn't even have the class to tell anyone at Cleveland that he was leaving.

I sorta hope the Heat struggle now, and I think they will, at least in the short term. Can't see how Wade and James work together - 2 guys who need 25 shots a game and the ball in their hands every possession? Then Bosh is doing what? It's going to be interesting to watch anyway.

I think they will be able to work together on the back of their Team USA 2008 campaign

Will go 1 of  2 ways, the way the Celtics have with the big 3 being a success, or the way the Lakers went when they bought Payton, Malone and co in, failed miserably

In a bit of other news, Derek Fisher may end up at the heat as well, talks with Lakers not going so well. Jermaine O'Neal to Boston as well is a good pick up

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I think they will be able to work together on the back of their Team USA 2008 campaign

Will go 1 of  2 ways, the way the Celtics have with the big 3 being a success, or the way the Lakers went when they bought Payton, Malone and co in, failed miserably

In a bit of other news, Derek Fisher may end up at the heat as well, talks with Lakers not going so well. Jermaine O'Neal to Boston as well is a good pick up

Good point re the Olympics, although it may be harder for them to give up the "I'm the man" status in the grind of an 82 game season, especially if they go through a bad strecth. If they manage to snare Fisher it would be huge though.

Jury is still out I guess, and will be until the season starts, which I can't wait for.

BTW, who do you support KE? I'm an OKC fan by default, after the Sonics were re-located there. I love Durant, he oozes class on and off the court, a rarity these days.

I read an article saying on Sports Illustrated the plan was hatched between Wade, James and Bosh in 2008 that they would all team up at this time.

TBH mate I don't really have a side I support with a passion, probably the Celtics the past few years though. As every teenager, was a massive Bulls and Jordan fan through the 90s. Today I more follow players that I enjoy watching play I suppose, was a big Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady fan not so long ago. Used to hate Kobe, but now I just sit there going "wow" when I see some of the stuff he does, that 3rd quarter he has in game 5 or 6 this year was unreal

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2