? Lack of leadership on the field.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brooke

Bencher
Seems to me a lack of leadership on the field is as big a problem as anything.
No forward leader since we lost Kite, King and Choc. I will give Mason credit, at least he tried last year. Myles needs to take on this role fast.
We are missing Foz's general organisation and getting the team firing. When Snake is missing it seems we have no-one.
I Love DCE but it is becoming very clear he is not a leader or future captain(hope he proves me wrong).

finding things to blame won't help, the fact of the matter is that we need a real five eighth and less injuries. Love lyon and stewart but if im honest i can't wait for them to retire. I love them as much as the next bloke but once they leave and trbojevic goes to fullback and a new five eighth is blooded thats when the new era begins. Having a quality half will get the team flowing and allow the forwards to get on the front foot.

No forward leader since we lost Kite, King and Choc. I will give Mason credit, at least he tried last year. Myles needs to take on this role fast.
We are missing Foz's general organisation and getting the team firing. When Snake is missing it seems we have no-one.
I Love DCE but it is becoming very clear he is not a leader or future captain(hope he proves me wrong).
It could be the case that DCE can't take the leadership reigns until Lyon and Snake leave. From what I've read, Snake especially is a strong personality and gets his nose out of joint a bit. I don't think a new leader can emerge until the old heads move on.

I also think Killer is a bit down because he realises he's lost a step and can't do what he did. So if he thinks he's playing ****, who is he to call other guys out.

finding things to blame won't help, the fact of the matter is that we need a real five eighth and less injuries. Love lyon and stewart but if im honest i can't wait for them to retire. I love them as much as the next bloke but once they leave and trbojevic goes to fullback and a new five eighth is blooded thats when the new era begins. Having a quality half will get the team flowing and allow the forwards to get on the front foot.
Mate agree with all that, the big 3 have to go at the end of the year. With everything, nothing lasts forever. We need a recruitment miracle for next year.

Let's hope DCE and Myles start stepping up on the field in leadership and inspiration. At the moment with our roster we are underperforming.Someone else needs to step up when Snake is out more than he is in.

Let's hope DCE and Myles start stepping up on the field in leadership and inspiration. At the moment with our roster we are underperforming.Someone else needs to step up when Snake is out more than he is in.
exactly why we needed to keep hiku, although it wouldve been hard with matai lyon taufua and trbojevic all in his positions

If you listen to the younger forwards like Jake, Myles is being a leader off the field. But he's not really doing that on the field, i.e. leading from the front. Yes he generally makes good metres (last night he didn't) and racks up a few tackles, but there seems to be no enthusiasm from him. At least Willie showed some emotion.

Lets face it, if Killer was just another aging centre and not the captain, the teams goal kicker or a legend of the game, would he be an automatic selection? Because right now other than his goal kicking he is badly out of form and has been all season (which is why I think he's calling time on his career). Last night he even got shown up by Sam Thaiday of all people. You'd expect a guy like James Roberts to probably do that at this stage, but not an aging forward.

DCE may be the co vice captain of the team along with Snake, but I honestly think that our future captain is Jake Trbojevic. When Cherry is burdened with things like leadership and having to run the team his play suffers badly. He's the type of player who needs to be able to just play his own game without worrying about everything else to be effective. If Snake is gone after this season then DCE will probably be made captain next year, but it should only be for a year or two at best before Jake is given that role.

What example does it set say Tommy Trbojevic to see Myles buckled over in laughter after getting lapped with three Broncos around him?

He should be immediately dumped from 1st grade. I'm not insensitive enough to say, don't have a chat and catch up, but that was shameful.

What about the fans who travelled from W.A. to watch this? Who paid their hard earned money to watch a no heart, miserable performance, then to see him laughing up a storm straight after.

Des would have got the noose ready for the bloke after witnessing that. Tooves, maybe the two horses and rope.

Hang your head in shame Myles. We don't want that Titans apathy to losing you've grown to embrace.

On Ch9, Fittler asked Johns would he persist with Walker at 5/8.
Johns said, for the long term, yes. Johns was then asked about Lyon at 5/8, he replied Lyon doesn't want to play 5/8.
They waffled on for a bit, but that was pretty much where that ended. Interesting.

On Ch9, Fittler asked Johns would he persist with Walker at 5/8.
Johns said, for the long term, yes. Johns was then asked about Lyon at 5/8, he replied Lyon doesn't want to play 5/8.
They waffled on for a bit, but that was pretty much where that ended. Interesting.

I think that is the major stumbling block, Killer does not want to play 5/8. Unfortunately the problem is that he is badly out of form as a centre and Walker is proving that he is not a first grade standard pivot.

I think that is the major stumbling block, Killer does not want to play 5/8. Unfortunately the problem is that he is badly out of form as a centre and Walker is proving that he is not a first grade standard pivot.
Yeah, I dont think its a case of Jamie saying he doesnt want to play 5/8, more a case of him saying he really really really really really really doesnt want to play 5/8

This is our biggest issue. While we have injuries and new combos, these things take time but are a work in progress. We look like a team in waiting. Too scared to unsettle some people and get on with what we need to do. Over the last couple of years player power has been a constant thorn in our side. We need to rid ourselves of all remaining issues this season regardless of the short term cost.

This is what des was the master of. He kept it in check. He probably created it as well but while he was at the helm he was the boss and people knew there place. He had the ultimate respect. Its been a gradual **** fight and slide ever since

Its been our club on and off the field for years. This has always been coming. Lets not draw it out any longer. Retire, move on , demote, replace anyone and everyone that isnt on board with the future plans. Lets get on with the future. Lets give the new players there time to shine unhindered by history , agendas and sourness

We have new leaders, we need new leaders, only self interest is stopping them from leading

Some legends need to go. Im not too nostalgic. While its sad, its less sad when they feel and act entitled. Legends are always legends, kitey, killer were all class. Others **** on there own legacy

.... have seen nothing to make me confident TT will be a great fullback .... wing yes , centre possibly ....

exactly. we're rudderless on field. we only started stringing games together when lyon fired up and led the team around in the middle part of last year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6