Lachlan Croker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yea Lawton has done a good job but I wouldn’t mind seeing someone like Gordon on Jamie get a crack at that 14 spot

Lawton is there as he is a reliable defender. His service out of dummy half was a little sloppy and put DCE under a bit of pressure at times. This has always been the case with Lawton as he tends to stand up with the ball instead of passing off the deck.
Until Seibs is confident with Humphreys defence in the middle, Lawton will be there.

Yea Lawton has done a good job but I wouldn’t mind seeing someone like Gordon on Jamie get a crack at that 14 spot
Yeah I agree - there's a lot to be said for the " if it aint broke don't fix it " line of thinking but it just seems with Lawtons leg injuries or whatever he's lost a yard so the dynamic impact player role isn't hos forte. But he's chipping in OK.

Back on Croker it always amazed me how often he would get held up over the line when he looked certain to score, the bigger bodies just monster him at the death, but this years he's managed to scramble a couple of tries & get the ball down ( just ). He tries his guts out, gets the job done and gets every ounce out of what ability he has. a dynamic speed hooker though to relieve. him though might be handy.

Luckily our forwards are playing well enough that Croker's dodgy service isn't hurting us too badly yet.

Replace Croker with Harry Grant and we win our last two matches by 50 though.

Lawton is there as he is a reliable defender. His service out of dummy half was a little sloppy and put DCE under a bit of pressure at times. This has always been the case with Lawton as he tends to stand up with the ball instead of passing off the deck.
Until Seibs is confident with Humphreys defence in the middle, Lawton will be there.
I also think it's important that Lawton can fill in effectively as a backrower if he has to, much like Burbo can switch to centre if the need arises. That utility value, as well as his experience, will give him the edge over the young guys for now.

I also think it's important that Lawton can fill in effectively as a backrower if he has to, much like Burbo can switch to centre if the need arises. That utility value, as well as his experience, will give him the edge over the young guys for now.
And was actually needed, when Haumole had to go off. Just occured to me as well, that would be Haumole's first sub-80 mins game since 2022. Amazing stuff from him to not miss a game last year.

Lawton threw a couple of gorgeous long passes from right to left on Sunday. Some 30m spiral bullets from the edge to around the posts. I’m liking his contributions thus far. I don’t think Gordon is the answer, short or long term. His defence is suspect. I’d be banking on Jamie H, if Lawton goes down.

The Croker critics are quiet and I LOVE it.
Bloke is nothing but heart and I'm glad he's playing great footy.
To be fair I don't think anyone has ever questioned his heart or the effort he puts in. The criticisms of him have always been around his skill and lack of pace. Maybe a combination of Ennis and having more experience in the role are bringing out the absolute best he can be.

Lawton threw a couple of gorgeous long passes from right to left on Sunday. Some 30m spiral bullets from the edge to around the posts. I’m liking his contributions thus far. I don’t think Gordon is the answer, short or long term. His defence is suspect. I’d be banking on Jamie H, if Lawton goes down.

He did, off the ground as well. I think his input has been really good. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6