Labor offers $3m for NRL ground upgrade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader

Sadly not Brookie!!!
October 28, 2007 04:51pm

FEDERAL Labor has pledged $3 million to help upgrade Leichhardt Oval, the home ground of the Wests Tigers NRL club, in inner-west Sydney if it wins government.

The money would go towards increased seating, ground resurfacing and drainage, improved public amenities and catering facilities, and the development of corporate and media facilities.

Opposition infrastructure spokesman Anthony Albanese said the funding would also help mark the centenary of Australia's first rugby league game, played at nearby Birchgrove Oval in 1908.

He said Leichhardt was not only the home ground of Wests Tigers NRL club, which incorporates the Balmain Tigers and Wests Magpies, but was used by about 100,000 people annually for other purposes.

He said the upgrade would enable the team to play more home games at the ground and provide opportunities for other events.

"Leichhardt Oval offers an affordable and accessible option for a wide range of users," Mr Albanese said today.

"Labor's support is an appropriate way for us to commemorate Balmain's centenary and to recognise the important role that Balmain and Wests Tigers have played in providing a focus for the local community."

The Tigers currently share home games between Leichhardt Oval, nearby Telstra Stadium at Homebush, and Campbelltown Sports Stadium in Sydney's southwest.

The NSW Government and Leichhardt Council have already offered financial support for Leichhardt Oval's upgrade program.

Why exactly is Rudd a tosser Cliffy? Are Howard and his plus 2 cronies forking anything at all out on any sort of infrastructure?

Close to Lowe which is marginal and the other seats closer to the city are pretty much Labor.

I suppose having Tony Abbott as our local member won't help our cause!!! (or Australia's for that matter!!! :lol: )

Why exactly is Rudd a tosser Cliffy? Are Howard and his plus 2 cronies forking anything at all out on any sort of infrastructure?
hes a geek
and he wouldnt add http://www.myspace.com/pelicanpalaceofbeaklove :p

seriously i just wanted to use the words Devon Crud in a post here :dance:

I think matas right it looks like the marginal seats are getting the money

Theres a novel election strategy, throw money at the marginals :)

How long has that been happening ;)

We need more labor supporters on the northern beaches to make us a marginal seat.

Maybe a mosque at terrey Hills might help attract a few.

:lol: :lol: Muslims = Labor, now that is a good one. A PM who isn't a racist might change that!!!

Well if you suckers keep giving the mad monk a huge majority you only have yourselves to blame.

Perhaps we could find another of his illigitimate non-children to halve his margin and give us hope for 2010.

Leichhardt........... 4 NRL matchs a season and a $3,000,000 upgrade
Brookie................12 NRL matchs a season, we should expext $12,000,000+.
at least we go a new scoreboard a few seasons ago, lucky to get that.

It gets worse.

I noticed yesterday in the local paper in Epping - John Howard pledges $4 million of Federal money to the upgrade of Leichhardt. Cooincidently half the young league players in the Ryde District comp live in Bennelong!!!

$7 million dollars when they play most of their games at Campbelltown and Telstra. It is a joke!!!

And now Labor has pledged 8 million to upgrade Campbelltown Sports Stadium!!!!

It's a pity Tony Abbott has not got into the act for Brookie but maybe he turned up 37 mins late to the meeting!!!! :lol:

Abbott ?
Isn't Bronnie B our local in Wakehurst or whatever it is at Fed level ?

Either way, we definitely need to get the dumbarse beaches selfish twats to think about their vote a bit more.

Is anybody here a member or do they know anything about the Aussie Commies ? They'd be mad for the NRL. The game of the people.

Bronnie is a member for something on the Beeaches (not Warringah of course) but nothing important. I heard her on the radio the other day and discovered she is the reason why people hate politicians and think they are total nobs. She interrupted, blustered and rudely interjected so that the other two guest were just totally overcome. I can't imagine her doing anything for anybody except driving them to drink!!!!

Yeah, I had a look. Bronnie is Mackellar which is everything north of DY. So Brookvale Oval falls in Warringah (DY down to Mosman) which is held by Abbott.
I just don't understand how so many can vote for those two scumbags, less people in Bennelong voted for Johnny.

We have no chance of getting anything out of them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4