Kite - the shame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Kite should be made to sit through the commentary where King went to the blood bin to hear the commentators talk about King as their best go forward option.  And he should be made to hear it 100 times.

I watched the GF again over the weekend.  Kite played at twice the speed in that game.  Was barely sighted tonight.

What is the point of having Hall to play 6 rubbish minutes at game end?  Put Foran there for his utility option.

Hall is back to his pre Manly rubbish.  Would prefer le snack or Foran to Hall.  Orford once again crumbles under pressure. 

As I said previously swap Kite for the pommie prop if we have to. 

I've been a supporter of Hall before tonight.  Not any more, his last play was unforgivable.  Send him to Qld and promote Lussick. 

Why was Hall only given 10 minutes ??? That's just farkin ridiculous. As for him not passing that ball....if he muffed it you'd all be baying for blood. He did the right thing, we had six to go and he assumed that we had a halfback who wouldn't run across field, panic and throw the ball into touch on the second tackle.

I'm still trying to work out why he was on the bench at all, we needed all the fresh go forward we could get in tha second half.

Has been all year.  He just panics when the line is there.  Can't work out why Hasler can't see this in his game.  It is obvious for all to see when looking at the attack falter.

When was the last time we kicked a 40/20?  We don't even look as through we are trying for one.

I agree Mata. veru disappointed in Kite tonight, thought last week was his start as KE said.

Fro link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181250.msg234809#msg234809 date=1249298608]
Orford was the king of the dumb option tonight.

I assume by "tonight" you mean 2009??
[/quote]

I assume by "2009" you mean his Manly career

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=181250.msg234907#msg234907 date=1249303943]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181250.msg234809#msg234809 date=1249298608]
Orford was the king of the dumb option tonight.

I assume by "tonight" you mean 2009??
[/quote]

I assume by "2009" you mean his Manly career
[/quote]

Your assumption would be 100% correct.

although to prove I am a fair man we'll just say 99% :)

Hall was diabolical last week and shouldn't have been on the bench. It was a waste of fresh legs. I just knew Des would hold him back for as long as possible, as a sort of lesson, but what a dumb way to try and teach it - just toss him to Qld for a week or two rather than screw up our rotation.

ManlyBacker link said:
Hall was diabolical last week and shouldn't have been on the bench. It was a waste of fresh legs. I just knew Des would hold him back for as long as possible, as a sort of lesson, but what a dumb way to try and teach it - just toss him to Qld for a week or two rather than screw up our rotation.

Des did a similar thing last week with Rodney.  He only came on in the final 10 minutes in that game and should have played more.  What is Des doing holding back a forward on the bench like this???

Because our entire backrow can play 80 minutes. Stewart and Watmough won't be subbed off in close games so it's Bailey, Rodney and Hall rotating for the last spot. Think we might see L'Estrange back on the bench this week with Hall dropping off.

It actually isn't an unusual tactic these days

Quite often watching the Dragons play, 60mins in they have only used 3-4 changes, and have at occasions had 2 fresh troops at that stage of the game sitting there

Still KE - what is the point of having a player on the bench, who knows he had a bad game the week before, and leave it to bring him on when the whole game is in the balance. I want someone full of confidence to come on at that stage. It doesn't make sense to me. And it is not like he could be a game breaker like Cuthbo.

I noticed what KE was saying too, especially with the Dragons.  Maybe it's the new sub tactic coaches are developing.
Although with Rodney, i thought he only had limited game time in part due to the above and also cos he was coming back from injury.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4