Kite slams brawl replays - Adam Lucius Sportal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
I was in the car listening to 2GB and heard Brent Kite on the news slamming the media Frenzy, great to hear a voice of reason.

I couldn't find the podcast but here is a transcript - Adam Lucius Sportal of what was said.

Also Des questioning what the NRL will do with the $100K fine and how all the media frenzy on the brawl is taking away from the good points in Friday's game, i.e. Slatter cradling Wolfman. Des also puts it into great perspective.

http://www.sportal.com.au/news-display/kite-slams-brawl-replays-136101

A nice gesture would be for the $100,000 to go to the spinal unit at North Shore Hospital.

Wolf's injury from a legitimate tackle is what concerns parents most.

It's great that someone in a position to get this out to the media has done so. It's unfortunate that it will not get the coverage it deserves. We keep hearing that it's not good for the game yet you can't sit in front of the tv for more than about half an hour without seeing some footage of the incident. It is the media ultimately that are doing damage to the game. A fight occurred, players were/will be punished, we should all move on.

After hearing Kite on the news I am thinking that this is going to bring the playing group together and a upset win to the Eagles could be on the cards on Sunday, I sure hope so.

He's 100% right...if it is so bad for the image of the NRL then why does it get shown on telly every half hour, 4 days after it happened. Also, when we meet Storm in this years Grand Final - the footage will be splashed across the TV's yet again.

Kite is right but it is not the NRL playing this stuff but the media and when have they ever acted responsibly. People like Hadly, DUI Becky or Weedler don't let sense spoil a good story and to expect them to show restraint for the good of the game is laughable.

Last night on TV news, even when they showed Kite intelligently and correctly explaining how the media condemns the brawl with one hand, then shows the footage over and over with the other, .... the media was still showing the footage! The media executives have no scruples, but we knew that.

The today show are being smart ass' about it. They show the footage and talk about Glenn pleading not guilty, then as soon as Blair grabs him everyone yells "stop the footage!" and they pause it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6