Kieran Foran pledges to stick with Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't activate the get out clause if he plays for Manly next season
Can he ?
And if Des is found in breach as well ?

Confused

Berkeley_Eagle said:
He can't activate the get out clause if he plays for Manly next season
Can he ?
And if Des is found in breach as well ?

Confused

I wish they would make the clause public so we could actually know what it says!!

I would have thought there would be some sort of time limit on him to activate it so that it doesn't hang over the club's head for the balance of his contract, but I would expect that it would be at least 12 months (to ensure that he has the opportunity to negotiate a contract at a time when clubs still have room under the cap), so if that's right he would have the right to activate it at the end of the 2012 season if he wanted to.

I'm not sure whether it would make any difference if Des is terminated for breach of contract, but I doubt that would have been contemplated when they drafted Foran's agreement so my guess would be that it wouldn't make a difference.

See below from SMH:
It is well-known the Bulldogs would love to get Foran for 2013 if possible, but Sutton said there had been no discussion between himself and Foran about the player possibly leaving Manly.
Asked what he thought might happen with Foran if Hasler left Manly now, Sutton replied that Foran ''will be at Manly next year no matter what''.
But in reference to 2013, Sutton said that while there were no plans to move he would have to ''look into the wording'' of Foran's contract.

I think the best option now is for Tooves to reassure all the players and let the whole thing settle down. Once this has happened and players are back training with their mates, then start chatting about locking them in beyond 2012. We'll be right!!

Crusher_Cleal said:
Isn't this exactly what Des said last month? Does not bode well for 2013..

Rumours im hearing are the get out clauses are void if its proven that Des has breached his contract. Makes sense why Manly didnt just sack Des but issued him with a breach notice.

Let's hope the senior group can persuade Foran to stay. If he goes he goes, we can rebuild.

IMO if players decide to leave it won't happen til 2013 as most clubs wouldn't have a lot of room in their cap.

you would think if he did breach that the clauses would be scrapped,pure speculation but how long has old dollar$ been planning this all you cant help but wonder !!!!

If we offer him more money and the captaincy I think we can get him to stay. It just means we'll have to make some tough decisions next year with some of our older players,

I may well get shot down for this, but is he that big a priority. I think he plays more with heart than ability, which isn't a bad thing, but I'm neither here nor there if he goes.

In 2010, he started great in his debut match, but wasn't a real standout in many other games.

In 2011, I was wondering when I was going to see some Blake, beaver, Cliffy, o'Conner etc..magic, and then Manly played the roosters under- strengthed and Gould really started to ramp up his like for the kid. He no doubt showed leadership and courage in that game, and i thought it may be the start of things. The next few games, he stepped up and was putting his body on the line by running to the line to put supporters into gaps, but then it all quickly disappeared.

i watch every game, and realised i haven't seen Foran do much a lot of the time, it was mainly G Stewart DCS & Lyon who would make things happen. I think even matai was having more of an effect on games. Occasionally he would score a try or do something well due to his terrier type of play of following the ball around and his chasing defence, and Gould will remember he wrapped this kid against the roosters and bleat what a wonderful player, but no one says much about when he seems to go missing. Even for NZ, i don't see much from Foran at all, but maybe some will blame the forwards or benji being the number one man, but that also is what DCE has been for manly this year.

DCE is our priority. G Stewart also, Lyon to play at manly until he retires. Maybe Foran will develop further over time to control games like the greats did? i think Dogs will be a bad move for him, it will take Des 3 or more years with recruitment to get that side competitive. Meanwhile he would be trying his hardest running on heart, but not given as many opportunities as he gets at manly by playing behind a lazy pack.

I agree Mal, For him to go to the Dogs would be a bad move. Take a hard look at the Dogs lineup. A totally unlikable lot. Big heads, over-rated and lacking in any real talent. Baba is an over-rated player (alongside robbie farrah and hayne) in the comp. Scores tries against weak opposition in the back end of games, but not against a committed team. The rest of them are poor performers. They have a real weakness in defense and that's what Foran brings to a team. Foran would wear himself out defending when others don't. We have a very hard team to score against and you can't buy that sort of defensive commitment.

Does anyone know where Kieran's brother, Liam will be playing in 2012 and beyond? Could the Bulldogs be looking at signing him up so that they can then try and sign Kieran too?

"I haven't heard too much about it to be honest with you. Over here, you miss out on most of the stuff that's going on back there," Foran said. How stupid do you think we are? Is there no access to the internet where you are? Are the phone lines down? No mobile phone access? C'mon Keiran, this comments has convinced me that you're a Bulldog from 2013.

Robbo said:
"I haven't heard too much about it to be honest with you. Over here, you miss out on most of the stuff that's going on back there," Foran said. How stupid do you think we are? Is there no access to the internet where you are? Are the phone lines down? No mobile phone access? C'mon Keiran, this comments has convinced me that you're a Bulldog from 2013.

He is signed till 2014 unless he walks out

WAMF said:
I thought Liam was released at the end of the 2011 season?

He had a get out clause on his release and now that Dessie is going he's back on contract for 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4