Kieran Foran backs new Manly halfback Jack Littlejohn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
SEA Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran has backed Jack Littlejohn to handle one of the biggest challenges in the NRL by replacing Daly Cherry-Evans in the Sea Eagles side for Friday's clash with the Bulldogs.

Read More

SEA Eagles five-eighth Kieran Foran has backed Jack Littlejohn to handle one of the biggest challenges in the NRL by replacing Daly Cherry-Evans in the Sea Eagles side for Friday's clash with the Bull
Jack+Littlejohn+jKcssXQ3PMam1.jpg
dogs.

With the very in-form Cherry-Evans on State of Origin duty with Queensland, Littlejohn will team up with Foran in the halves for the game at ANZ Stadium.

"He has filled in really well this year and the games he has played he has done a great job so it will be no different hopefully this Friday night," Foran said.

Foran has been impressed with Littlejohn's development since arriving at Brookvale this season with no fanfare.

"We've always had confidence in him, I think he was a quality signing for us to cover the halves and in every game he has been a standout."

Foran said Littlejohn had a great kicking game, was tough and throws a good ball.

After several weeks in the Manly NSW Cup side Littlejohn said it didn't feel different returning to the NRL side.

"The boys welcomed me straight back in," Littlejohn said.

And while Cherry-Evans was recovering from the second State of Origin game Littlejohn had been training with the squad.

"There is a little bit of pressure there but I just go about my business and play my game," he said.

"I can't be Daly Cherry-Evans, I've just got to play the way I play and hopefully that works for the boys."Littlejohn said he is definitely a better player than he was at the start of the season with four NRL games for the Sea Eagles under his belt.

"My patience is a bit better and I think I'm better in pressure situations too," he said.

He said playing inside the warhorse Foran made his job a lot easier.

"He does a lot of talking on the field and directs the boys around which gives me a bit of a free reign to follow up on what he does," Littlejohn said.

He said both Foran and Cherry-Evans also talk to him a lot at training and steer him in the right direction.

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/kieran-foran-backs-new-manly-halfback-jack-littlejohn/story-fngr8iii-1226973974365

I expect Jack Littlejohn to dominate Ennis the menace on Friday night. Hope Jack remembers to bring ear plugs to block out the grub's sledging ;)

That's a good point @Mals

Ennis will try and get in Jack's ear for sure.

All he needs to do is keep listening to Foz and co. and ignore old man Ennis.

I really hope JLJ has a blinder Friday night.

Yeah it wasn't a great night for Jack.

It wasn't exactly the type of game for him to shine, but for me, he still does not look out of place in 1st grade; and with experience the confidence and composure can only improve.

He didn't win us the game; but he didn't cost us the game either.

RiverEagle said:
Yeah it wasn't a great night for Jack.

It wasn't exactly the type of game for him to shine, but for me, he still does not look out of place in 1st grade; and with experience the confidence and composure can only improve.

He didn't win us the game; but he didn't cost us the game either.

Whos place would he take in first grade ?

Obviously as a fill-in for Foz or Chez at this stage @BOZO

Who knows what will happen in a year or two...With injuries or God-forbid either of the two moving on mate.

I just meant he shows to me he can handle 1st grade.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6