Kicking Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE long kicking game has been very good last few weeks, short kicking game still not there but I seriously wonder if it's coached to run it on the last rather than risk a 7th tackle.

DCE has the ability for a great short kicking game, he has shown numerous times he can do it except not only him but also Walker, right throughout this season they have rather run on the last play rather than go for a repeat set.

Only lately going for more repeat sets but still so Rusty.

Cleary said biggest thing he learnt from Barrett this year has been his short kicking game.

Dez to me hasn't really put a big enough emphasis on 5th tackle repeat sets.

Yeah, why would you want to dominate possession, when you can spend most of the game working on your tackling technique.

DCE long kicking game has been very good last few weeks, short kicking game still not there but I seriously wonder if it's coached to run it on the last rather than risk a 7th tackle.

DCE has the ability for a great short kicking game, he has shown numerous times he can do it except not only him but also Walker, right throughout this season they have rather run on the last play rather than go for a repeat set.

Only lately going for more repeat sets but still so Rusty.

Cleary said biggest thing he learnt from Barrett this year has been his short kicking game.

Dez to me hasn't really put a big enough emphasis on 5th tackle repeat sets.
Des is happier to die with the ball on the sixth, than kick it away from close.

DCE positions himself poorly. He is predominately a back foot kicker' and its terrible. A pop gun on the fly is always a better kick than boom from behind the line .

It also affects our chase and field position as nearly all of our players are offside for 90% of manlys kicks, Its pretty much this issue that i feel he has got comfortable with his long contract. Anyone trying to maintain the top job would be practising this part of his game to death because its his job . Other people have support roles but its still his job and this part is going downhill, when experience should be making this easier

I can understand that cherry cant do everything but faaaark me sideways he can achieve this.

But you do leave yourself out there to get hit a bit. This seems to be his line in the sand.

That's an interesting article, albeit 5 weeks old now. I'm not fussed about number of kicks and overall kick metres, they mean nothing if they are straight down the fullbacks throat every time. So quantity isn't an indication of ability or value to the team, quality is the more important stat here. We all know Cherry can kick the ball, that's not the issue.

I concur that his ability to find the grass / open space was much better earlier in the season as they say in that article, but lately it's been below par. Be interested in more up to date stats on that "open space' stat. Still they don't differentiate if that's open space between players or "finding the grass", one bounce into winger / fullbacks arms though.

6 forced drop outs up until 4 July. Currently on 7 forced drop outs 5 or 6 games later. That needs improving big time. League leaders in that stat are averaging at least one per game (Moses 17 forced drop outs in 10 games, Johnson 16 in 13, and Cleary13 in 11)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4