Kick Pressure

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
This year I have observed that our kick pressure is almost non existent. This is really annoying when we tackle one of the halves on the last and they only have one kick option to go to.
Good kick pressure will pay off eventually and can change a game.

Although it seems to be getting better in recent games too many times our #6 or #7 get tackled on the last in a nothing play leaving only one half to get a kick away.

Last edited:
This year I have observed that our kick pressure is almost non existent. This is really annoying when we tackle one of the halves on the last and they only have one kick option to go to.
Good kick pressure will pay off eventually and can change a game.

Although it seems to be getting better in recent games too many times our #6 or #7 get tackled on the last in a nothing play leaving only one half to get a kick away.
Totally agree and a key area here, is allowing the roll in the ruck leading up to the kick - once the attack wins momentum, it allows the opposition kicker to have time and latitude to hit it well.
Then again, I seen a fair few late penalties against Manly for slowing the ruck, which was policed a little inconsistently and can lead to doubts in winning this area, as an example I felt Souths were no better or worse in this grey area last Saturday yet win the penalties 8 - 2....controlling the ruck is integral to apply kick pressure.

Totally agree and a key area here, is allowing the roll in the ruck leading up to the kick - once the attack wins momentum, it allows the opposition kicker to have time and latitude to hit it well.
Then again, I seen a fair few late penalties against Manly for slowing the ruck, which was policed a little inconsistently and can lead to doubts in winning this area, as an example I felt Souths were no better or worse in this grey area last Saturday yet win the penalties 8 - 2....controlling the ruck is integral to apply kick pressure.
The policing of these areas is so inconsistent.
You can know they have a fast play the ball going and give up the wrestle just to get ready for kick pressure.
Maybe a good role for Api / Fainu.

I agree. It's essential to at least send 1 man through to rush the kicker. Last week I noted we left Adam Reynolds with plenty of time on several occasions and had no chase at all, allowing him to stroll over the advantage line & force a line drop out from around half way.

Very " un-Des" like and assume it will be fixed this week. Very under rated part of the game which can have big flow on consequences. The sort of thing the Storm do 100 times out of 100.

Letting teams off the hook with ordinary last tackle option just gives them a breather .

We do not want to give our opposition a breather . We want to choke them with pressure play options

1 WSFwOkyglngD26U7SAtt0w.jpeg

I think we miss Api in this regard, he is our main pressure putter ona .... but he could do better too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6