Kick off change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
And this can all be traced back to literally one moment in the game's history: Bellamy deploying the wrestle. So effective that the game evolved into this mess. As you say, if the NRL are so keen to tamper, then they should be rewarding classic technique, and certainly not penalising it! Ffs
Agree 100%
I have always thought the Bellamy- Smith team and the wrestle and their marginally legal tactics over the years to be the seed of what is really wrong with the game . I can't stand watching them wrestle and get their limbs all tangled up with the ball carrier without it being panelized, it drives me nuts.
And its boring and unattractive to look at
Yes reward a good legs tackle, they are better to watch compared to the 2 defenders wrestling an attacker waiting for the 3rd man in to do some damage while he is defenseless
The Scum lead the way in Cap cheating (although the Rorters have re written the book in the last 10 years or so ) and have also led the way in ruck rorting and squeezing the life out of their opponents and the game itself. To me they are a blight and stain on the game and I dislike them marginally more than parramatta.
Reward the legs tackle I says !!!!

4 in a tackle is just stupid. Suli went in with the "big hit" and it backfired. Play on.
It was not even Suli’s doing to be honest… as Moses was bracing himself he copped a bump from his own player (sua?) that knocked him sideways into JWH’s noggin… Moses would have been fine if he did not get shoved but that took away his ability to position himself safely…

Having 3 and 4 blokes trying to contact 1 rampaging forward at the same time is ridiculous as there is just not enough target area for everyone to fit…

Did anyone notice in the games last night that on many occasions when there was a kick the attacking team just waited until the bomb had either been taken or dropped before going in for the tackle.

The “ disruptor “ rule.

It won’t take the kick into the corner, or the up and under , out of the game but certainly it’ll change it dramatically.

If it makes the game safer for the players, then I'm good with it.
You know what's even safer? Not playing rugby league at all!! So by your reasoning you should be happy for our game and indeed all contact sports to be banned?? Have you ever considered personal responsibility? Accepting a risk and deciding to still go ahead anyway?? When you get in your car, I'd bet you are more chance of sustaining an injury or dying then players are of getting a brain injury from playing football. But you still do it don't you? The best way to be totally safe is to lock yourself in a padded room and don't come out. 🙄 I'm so sick of this stupid argument and line of thinking that is doing nothing but ruining our game.

You know what's even safer? Not playing rugby league at all!! So by your reasoning you should be happy for our game and indeed all contact sports to be banned?? Have you ever considered personal responsibility? Accepting a risk and deciding to still go ahead anyway?? When you get in your car, I'd bet you are more chance of sustaining an injury or dying then players are of getting a brain injury from playing football. But you still do it don't you? The best way to be totally safe is to lock yourself in a padded room and don't come out. 🙄 I'm so sick of this stupid argument and line of thinking that is doing nothing but ruining our game.
There should be a middle ground to make subtle changes when it makes sense in the game.

But given your tone of your response I guess that's something you don't care about.

Look at the atrocious food and drinks consumed while fans watch rugby league on tv, phones or at the ground.
Fans sitting out in the direct sun or getting cold at night.
Fans spending more $ than they can afford on going to games, Foxtel or other platforms, buying jerseys and merchandise.
Fans gambling.
Rugby league must be banned.

There should be a middle ground to make subtle changes when it makes sense in the game.

But given your tone of your response I guess that's something you don't care about.
And where do you draw the line with these 'subtle' changes which are slowly but SURELY changing (ruining, IMO) the game of Rugby League - and have ruined other games like Rugby Union? Surely you must ask yourself that? At what point do you say if we change anything further we are no longer playing the same game.

I care very much for all my fellow humans. I also care very much for each human having the free will to do whatever they like when it comes to their OWN personal safety. I care about preventing governments and governing bodies encroaching on mine and others' freedoms, driven by a money-hungry pack of vampires, otherwise known as the legal fraternity. That's what I care about - apparently you don't - judging by "you tone". Each to their own opinion. No one is forcing you to participate in or watch rugby league if you don't like it. But let's not force that same decision onto others - be they players or spectators.

And where do you draw the line with these 'subtle' changes which are slowly but SURELY changing (ruining, IMO) the game of Rugby League - and have ruined other games like Rugby Union? Surely you must ask yourself that? At what point do you say if we change anything further we are no longer playing the same game.

I care very much for all my fellow humans. I also care very much for each human having the free will to do whatever they like when it comes to their OWN personal safety. I care about preventing governments and governing bodies encroaching on mine and others' freedoms, driven by a money-hungry pack of vampires, otherwise known as the legal fraternity. That's what I care about - apparently you don't - judging by "you tone". Each to their own opinion. No one is forcing you to participate in or watch rugby league if you don't like it. But let's not force that same decision onto others - be they players or spectators.
I'm surprised you didn't stop watching the game after the shoulder charge was eliminated.

Sounds like the kickoff change will be the final nail in the coffin for you.

I'm surprised you didn't stop watching the game after the shoulder charge was eliminated.

Sounds like the kickoff change will be the final nail in the coffin for you.
There may not even be a game to stop watching if we keep on this trajectory. I can tell you iv definitely stopped watching rugby union. Pretty sure I’m not alone there either based on the dire straights that game is in.

There may not even be a game to stop watching if we keep on this trajectory. I can tell you iv definitely stopped watching rugby union. Pretty sure I’m not alone there either based on the dire straights that game is in.
At least we can agree on something.

Go Manly.

Paul Kent is right.

Tackle technique will fix kick offs, refer to his latest tree incident for a visual.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10