Keith Titmuss death: Family turns to Australian Brain Bank in search of answers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader

The family of Keith Titmuss have turned to the Australian Brain Bank in their search for a cause of the young Manly player’s sudden death last year.

The heartbroken family of Keith Titmuss have turned to the Australian Brain Bank in their desperate search for a cause of the young Manly player’s sudden death after training in November.

The Titmuss family – father Paul, mum Lofa, brother Jesse and sister Zara – want answers as to why their much-loved ‘Keithy’ died so unexpectedly.

And those answers, they hope, could prevent another young footballer from dying.
The parents still haven’t been given an official cause of death after the autopsy results were inconclusive.

Keith Titmuss died after a Sea Eagles training session in November.

The autopsy indicated Titmuss did not sustain a heart attack or any organ failure.

In their search for closure, Paul and Lofa have given Titmuss’ brain to the Australian Brain Bank.
The Saturday Telegraph can also reveal Titmuss’ initials and his official club number – 623 – will adorn all Manly lower-grade jumpers this season.

Titmuss, 20, collapsed and died after a 90 minute off-season non-contact training workout at Narrabeen in late November.

The family has been told that test results on his brain could take up from three to six months. If the tests return inconclusive, Titmuss’ cause of death may sadly be known as an Act of God.
“We are still waiting on results,” Paul said. “We are honoured that Keith will be remembered on the jumpers this year.”

It is understood the NRL and Manly haven’t been notified of the autopsy findings. There will be a coronial inquiry into Titmuss’ death mid-year.

Paul and Lofa are confused at some of the protocols that took place around Titmuss’ death. The family, club and NRL are seeking closure.
The Titmuss family still haven’t been given an official cause of death for Keith Titmuss. Picture: Brett Costello

The Titmuss family still haven’t been given an official cause of death for Keith Titmuss. Picture: Brett Costello
“There are a lot of questions that need to be answered but the family doesn’t want any finger pointing. There shouldn’t be a blame game. Keith’s family has remained incredibly dignified through this incredibly sad time,” said close family friend, Reno Santaguida.

“The parents aren’t blaming anyone but just want this prevented from ever happening again. I know the family is deeply indebted to Manly for what they did in honouring Keith.”

Titmuss will run out in spirit with his Manly teammates during 2021.
‘KT 623’ will be embroidered on all jumpers worn by Manly’s SG Ball team, Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup side, Blacktown Workers.
Keith Titmuss’ initials and his official club number – 623 – will adorn all Manly lower-grade jumpers this season.

Keith Titmuss’ initials and his official club number – 623 – will adorn all Manly lower-grade jumpers this season.
Titmuss had been promoted to Manly’s top 30 NRL squad after developing and impressing during stints in the club’s lower and junior grades.

Manly has also displayed a giant image of Titmuss in the club’s Narrabeen gymnasium.
While Titmuss hadn’t yet played first grade, Manly decided to issue their prop forward with an official club number – 623.

Just days after Titmuss’ death, Lofa said: “Parents should never have to bury their child. We never thought we would be those parents that say those words. We are full of tears.

“Keithy was the larrikin in the family. He was always pulling jokes at family gatherings. He was his big brother’s best friend (Jesse), they were best friends for each other.”

It is good to see Manly will honour Keith with his initials and team number on some Manly jerseys. But I must say it's disappointing that this honour isn't on the teams NRL jersey. This fellow was part of the NRL squad, he wasn't training at Blacktown that tragic day. What ever the reason I think the Club just need to fix it.

Last edited:
It is good to see Manly will honour Keith with his initials and team number on some Manly jerseys. But I must say it's disappointing that this honour isn't on the teams NRL jersey. This fellow was part of the NRL squad, he wasn't training at Blacktown that tragic day. What ever the reason I think the Club just need to fix it.
Yep. I was really shocked to see that it wasn't. He DIED while training with the NRL squad.

I can see no reason for the NRL to object to this, they wouldn't be doing themselves any favours if they did
Has anyone asked? Maybe the club wanted to keep this only a Manly thing out of respect for the family? I don't know? Anyway Keith remains a member of the club and has our respect forever.

I've emailed the club this morning asking this matter be reconsidered, or that a solution to any obstacles be found.

This young bloke lost his life for our NRL team. Being honoured on league jerseys is great, but it needs to be on the NRL teams jersey that he died for. Keith's memory deserves that much and more.

I encourage each of u to similarly contact the club.

#speakloudandproudforKeith

“We are honoured that Keith will be remembered on the jumpers this year.” Paul Titmuss​

It is with great Sorrow but also with great Honour that we will always remember our Manly legend Keith Titmuss as a part of our Legendary clubs History​

Our legendary clubs proud history including legendary players like Keith Titmuss keeps living in Glory thanks to the generosity of all loyal Manly supporters​

Rise for ever in Glory​

Keith Titmuss​

36070988-0-image-a-17_1606259741307.jpg

Young Keith will always be a Manly legend, the memory of him scoring a last gasp try to win a premiership for the Holden cup team in 2017 was amazing to witness.

Rest In Peace Keith and love and healing to your family and friends. Taken far too young!

Young Keith will always be a Manly legend, the memory of him scoring a last gasp try to win a premiership for the Holden cup team in 2017 was amazing to witness.

Rest In Peace Keith and love and healing to your family and friends. Taken far too young!
Too right !!!!

I remember that Inspirational try by the Great Keith

He took that ball full running with great passion and determination and belief that no one would stop him from scoring the winning try and no one did or could

Other clubs players Rest in Peace

Our Legendary Manly players RISE IN GLORY !!!

RISE IN GLORY
KEITH TITMUSS
AND FOR EVER BE REMEBERED AND HONOURED AS A LEGENDARY MANLY SEA EAGLE

OUR LEGENDARY MANLY SEA EAGLES HISTORY IS PRICELESS !!!
BECOME PART OF THE GLORY OF THE LEGENDATY MANLY SEA EAGLES
20210110_081944.jpg

That's tough on the family that there is no obvious cause of death. Crazy how a seemingly very fit young man just dies without any reason.

That's tough on the family that there is no obvious cause of death. Crazy how a seemingly very fit young man just dies without any reason.
Very sad for his family and the Manly family to lose one of our own

There is a reason for everything and some reasons are beyond our own comprehension

Death may not be the end of our journey but only the beginning as lifes journey stretches beyond our comprehension

Some people do not comprehend God and it is a mind blowing journey to start to get to know him which leads us to start to understand the the intangible side of life

Last edited:
Feels like there's been nothing from Donny Singe for the longest time. I really hope he's not taking this personally. Must be so hard for everyone involved in the team.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8