Kade Snowden Shoulder Charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't believe that was a send off, or indeed called a shoulder charge. I know Bennett thinks it was fair enough, but I think it was a dud decision. I'm just fearful now if that's going to be the standard and a moment like that deciding a finals game.

I also noticed in a few games this weekend, that players staying down haven't been given penalties despite their being high contact. I'd expect every opposition supporter now looking to donate to Tooves' $10k fine because his rant has seen a change for the better on the field.

Only sent off because of the damage it caused. Was more of a collision than a deliberate shoulder charge I reckon.

SBW's deliberate one to the face of mason was far worse.

It shows how far the game has dropped. Remember the 2010 finals when Dwyer cleaned up JWH. Still celebrated as a great hit but was 2-3 times as bad as that one

Wow, luckily he didn't do it to one of league's protected species.

If Inglis did the same thing Thomson would have been penalised for headbutting Inglis in the shoulder.

he couldn't move out of the way, and really didn't seem to go in the tackle with force, you can see Snowden gets knocked back by the impact a little also. A bit rough and unlucky for both players.

Snowden maybe should have used his arms to push away from the inevitable contact rather then stand firm which made the shoulder contact happen.
EDIT: Actually, saw it again a few times, Snowden knew hat he was doing, it wasn't a massive hit, but to the head all the same. He will get a 3-5 weeks for this.

Hayne has lost the plot. Does this mean that from now all shoulder charges are send offs. Obviously yes.

Tough one technically it's a shoulder charge but there seems little intent there the players falling and snowden looks as much like he's bracing for impact as anything else, I wonder what the result would have been if he had not had a glass jaw.

I never thought I would hate a ref more than Hollywood Harrigan ,but I think Hayne has just overtook him...

Kiwi Eagle said:
It shows how far the game has dropped. Remember the 2010 finals when Dwyer cleaned up JWH. Still celebrated as a great hit but was 2-3 times as bad as that one

I'd forgotten Simon Dwyer. Tragedy his career was cut so short. The Tigers have missed him almost as much as they miss Gareth Ellis.
Agree with everyone that there didn't seem much malice in the tackle - not like SBW lining up Mason from a long way back and launching a shoulder to his head - and that it was unlucky for both players.
Watched the whole of the Cows/Knights game and as soon as I saw all the blood I knew they'd send Snowden off.
Was actually a good game of footy played at a very fast pace. Incredibly, I think there were only six penalties blown the entire game.
The refs are probably saving up their weekend penalty quota for today…

It didn't miss, but have to feel for Snowden somewhat as I don't think there was a lot of intent. If this was a send off then SBW should have been given an early shower for his effort as there was far more intent in that. I think the refs panicked because of the obvious damage it caused.

So what you guys are saying is that if Snowden hat hit DCE like that and broken his jaw, you're sweet with that.

Since when was any hit in any way that is strong enough to break a blokes jaw Ok.

I reckon that Snowden was going in to tackle Thompson, was committed and after Thompson passed the ball simply braced for impact. It's very unfortunate that he broke a players jaw but it's not like he can just disappear.

DSM5 said:
Hayne has lost the plot. Does this mean that from now all shoulder charges are send offs. Obviously yes.

Well, if this is what will be I hope they are at least consistent.

So, any contact by the shoulder to the head is a penalty, and a send off offence. Maybe it should be 10 in the bin, or even 5?, depending on gravity. What ever happened to 5 in the bin anyway?

Pretty sure Taufua would have gone last week under this rule.

Hope he only gets 2 weeks at most (being sent off will help surprisingly)
Think his lawyers should just role tape's of tackles that a)weren't penalized or b)same technique that got penalized in didn't get the same punishment.

Of course this won't happen because the NRL will punish him for the damage caused on the player so will get 4-5 weeks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6