Just Felt Wrong from Early on....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Did anyone else just feel something bad was happening from early on? Our tries we scored were so soft, and at 14-2 sometimes you feel a reasonably comprehensive early scoreline can be very misleading given how poor the Raiders were playing.....I just never felt that we were playing that well.

The only time I actually thought was really good was when Hodko got binned, we really muscled up in defence and showed some good composure.

But then after that we just never looked ruthless, or even certain on what we were doing??

End of the day, we've won 4 games from 12 this season @ 33%. That's pathetic. Someone needs to be accountable. It's un-Manly like.
And to be pretty much out of finals contention in only May is not the manly I know.
Think we won't win the spoon but going to be a very hard season to watch for the rest of the year, this year is one of the most open competitions in years, don't think we could win it even with our full squad available but we certainly have missed a chance this year of a good top 8 finish.
I feel your pain @Ryan tough year ahead.

Last edited:
This game typified our season, good play intertwined with terrible errors and indiscipline and our senior players playing dumb when they need to play smart, season 2018 never really got going and now its pretty much confirmed we are an also-ran. I hope that TB does the right thing now and blood some kids and get rid of the tired old players who are making the same mistakes,

It was disappointing not being able to close out the game but I saw enough to believe we can still string a few games together and give ourselves a chance. Jorge will improve with more time on the paddock and Trent and DCE,s combinations will only get stronger. Still to early to write us off just yet as far as I’m concerned.

Did anyone else just feel something bad was happening from early on? Our tries we scored were so soft, and at 14-2 sometimes you feel a reasonably comprehensive early scoreline can be very misleading given how poor the Raiders were playing.....I just never felt that we were playing that well.

The only time I actually thought was really good was when Hodko got binned, we really muscled up in defence and showed some good composure.

But then after that we just never looked ruthless, or even certain on what we were doing??

I agree with that, but I thought there were good signs. sure, Cherry-evans has to step up, we also didn't have one of the best centres in the game, and arguably the best hooker after Cam Smith... TT made his usual errors, but he tried his guts out, as did Brown, he did ok distributing considering his lack of any gametime this year, Thompson has earned his jersey, Kelly had his moments of brilliance, when he bust through the first line of defence, he was driven! AFB and all the forwards had a crack. They exposed Uate's wing, and got the chocolates. But, Api back next week, good to see Jorge get through the game, and some big forwards coming back.

I say all is not lost. I still think the top 8 is a chance, our for and against has improved over the last 4 games. We are blessed, as our side is so young and full of talent. There are some good times ahead for Manly.

Last edited:
This game typified our season, good play intertwined with terrible errors and indiscipline and our senior players playing dumb when they need to play smart, season 2018 never really got going and now its pretty much confirmed we are an also-ran. I hope that TB does the right thing now and blood some kids and get rid of the tired old players who are making the same mistakes,

Two of our senior players played dumb last week and thus contributed to our loss tonight by not being there.

I think even after skipping out to a 2 try buffer, Canberra were rolling through the ruck and winning the tempo with quick play balls, looked dangerous on the back of this even when Manly led.
Canberra are 1 danger team who can score long range tries adding to the unsafe feel.
The fact they scored most their points from bad decisions- forward passes, into touch ect does not cover up the fact Manly allowed them to roll that ruck at will and missing API here was significant more in defence than attack.....though API at dummy half in those crucial stages may have created better field position for the FG or better still, service to create the winning try which was also on offer against a Raiders team on the ropes.

I hate the fact they hold down in every tackle,our guys get off pretty quick but these f#ckers just lay all over the man.

Raiders literally play touch footy.
Rapana, Cotric and BJ are masters at it.

Take hit up, get touched, fall to ground, play the ball, repeat.

End of the day, we've won 4 games from 12 this season @ 33%. That's pathetic. Someone needs to be accountable. It's un-Manly like.
Yep there's the story. How on earth TB gets another contract when so far his tenure has been the worst this club has been ever. We lack direction, organization ,leadership. I can't see us getting off the bottom 4 this year now because we are so horribly inconsistent. We play like TB did. Erratic rocks and diamonds bullsht efforts.

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Just two things .... never been a fan of Brown ... never been a bagger either .... but last night his defence was diabolical ... time to retire old mate ....

And .. one of my few criticisms of DCE has always been his ability to close out a tight game .... I had thought he would improve with age and experience .... but ......

Just two things .... never been a fan of Brown ... never been a bagger either .... but last night his defence was diabolical ... time to retire old mate ....

And .. one of my few criticisms of DCE has always been his ability to close out a tight game .... I had thought he would improve with age and experience .... but ......
Two things and you were spot on with both feathered friend !

Yep there's the story. How on earth TB gets another contract when so far his tenure has been the worst this club has been ever. We lack direction, organization ,leadership. I can't see us getting off the bottom 4 this year now because we are so horribly inconsistent. We play like TB did. Erratic rocks and diamonds bullsht efforts.
Lets not give up hope as there are enough games left to play to redeem our selves .
I must sat though that which ever coach accepts a coaching position with our Proud Manly Warringah Sea eagles club
This is the bench mark they must live up to . We will let no player or coach tarnish our proud history !
Mediocre is not Manly . Its is a North Sydney mentality

WwDa_FY-_400x400.jpg

Trent Hodgko's 5th tackle kick for touch was a waste. We were only up by 6, and we should have kept searching for points, instead of slowing the game around the 8 minute mark. Because 8 minutes is still long enough for anything to happen!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6