Just corrupt and plain unfair

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I just need a morning rant after last night.
I completely understand that our team needs to improve and I hope that happens. They barely even got to train before this that match though.
The fact is our team and some others, do not have a fair chance to win this comp. The eels, despite salary cap-cheating are given a dream draw, a mass of televised matches - after finishing 10th in 2015 - and constant promotion from channel 9 who have are aligned with the Nrl to secure ratings.
The donkeys play almost every Friday night and have the benefit of a regulated turn-around recovery period.
I would like to see how both those teams would have fared given our early schedule. I'd say they'd be at least one win down.
The unfairness of scheduling based on popularity should not happen in a national competition!
Every team needs to be provided with as close to equal opportunities to win this current farce of a comp.
Not happy and this morning my inner Matai is combining with my recently acquired inner Marty, which I need to surprise or I just might slam tackle a broncos supporting workmate today. :mad:
Above all, Go Manly!

@Manly700 would you like to look at my profile and see if I'm a troll before you go insulting a long term Silvertails member and life long passionate Manly supporter?

100% agree Nicci. You might want to add that last night's game was the furthest the Eels have had to travel so far this year.

@Manly700 would you like to look at my profile and see if I'm a troll before you go insulting a long term Silvertails member and life long passionate Manly supporter?

Embrace it when people dont agree, just says your smarter than them. Thats how i look at it. I wear my troll ratings like a crown. To not share the same views as everyone is cool

As we were leaving Brookvale Oval last night one of the Eels supporters was telling the Manly supporters we were cry babies. I wonder how he will feel next week when the Eels have points deducted and it stops his team from making the finals. I wonder if he will be crying then.

Manly play Thursday's, Monday's so no good gate takings, have the most five day turnarounds, usually coming off one to play a "darling" club, we're forced to play at the senile coast where everyone hates us, we have no ground next year and no support to get one ...

Geez I'm starting to believe you.

We have either 5 day turnarounds or 9 day turnarounds and they are as bad as each other.

Many a time a player has said they don't like the 9 day turnarounds as they have played the game in their heads a couple of times over. Some are mentally drained before they take the field.

The only time we have a consistent turnaround is when we have to play 3 games in 3 weeks on the same day...you guessed it - Monday night!

This is such an unfair competition with idiots and biased officials running the NRL .

I couldn't imagine this happening in any other major sporting organisation.

Last edited:
Embrace it when people dont agree, just says your smarter than them. Thats how i look at it. I wear my troll ratings like a crown. To not share the same views as everyone is cool
Thanks jbb. Just wasn't in the mood to be called a troll but I guess he achieved his goal by p*ssing me off so I shouldn't have dignified him with a reply.
I fed him but I've reminded myself not to feed.
Go Manly folks!

Three five day turn arounds in four weeks. Missing half our spine including key playmaker. Players playing out of position. Really there's not a lot to dislike about last night. Barrett clearly has a lot going for him as a coach. The first 20 minutes was like the manly of old. I have a strong feeling that there's something good happening. Unusual for me as I usually assume the worst.

You F*cker. Don't make me like you!

Lol.. never.

As an aside, before half time I thought You guys were looking good & had a bit of momentum. Wasn't a bad game. Scoreline a little misleading.

Just popping in to say hi Niccipops. Not to brag (trying to be a better man). Well, Not much at least.

It used to worry me whenever NRL officials referred to the game as "a product". But it absolutely terrifies me now that Greenberg is at the helm and he insists on referring to rugby league matches as simply "content". If it's content, it can be scripted, manipulated to suit the needs of the content providers (ie, Nein and Foxtel), as it routinely is. Fairness or parity has nothing to do with.

Thanks jbb. Just wasn't in the mood to be called a troll but I guess he achieved his goal by p*ssing me off so I shouldn't have dignified him with a reply.
I fed him but I've reminded myself not to feed.
Go Manly folks!
You should never be worried about being anyone but a wonderful manly supporter read many of your posts and you couldn't be perceived anything else

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4