Just a thought.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

brad

First Grader
Ok so we have a bit of pressure in the next couple of weeks so here's a thought. This is only a thought and wonder what you think. Move tommy into the centres with dylan , Wright to the 1 and kelly on the wing . Reason i think is Tommy could be dangerous in tandem with walker and will take the heat off kelly . Wright filled in brilliantly when filling in for Tom a few weeks back so in the short term i think this would work . Its not a long term solution but may fix some confidence problems.

I don't know, clever idea
1. Matt Wright vs Tom Trbojevic
2. Brian Kelly vs Matt Wright
3. Dylan Walker - Dylan Walker
4. Tom Trbojevic vs Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate - Akuila Uate

I think we leave it as it is, although turbos defence needs a little improvement

Ok so we have a bit of pressure in the next couple of weeks so here's a thought. This is only a thought and wonder what you think. Move tommy into the centres with dylan , Wright to the 1 and kelly on the wing . Reason i think is Tommy could be dangerous in tandem with walker and will take the heat off kelly . Wright filled in brilliantly when filling in for Tom a few weeks back so in the short term i think this would work . Its not a long term solution but may fix some confidence problems.
I was thinking along this line after the weekend,I am sort of for it but worried if changing combos on the edge is too much at this point.Another loss and maybe......

No - After/IF, the forwards win back that ruck area - Tom is the KEY attacking weapon, needs the opportunity to sniff around the ball anywhere - anytime - all over the field....as a centre, locked onto 1 side of the field makes it far easier for the defence to close him down...

Moving Tom would ruin our side as he is the number 1 weapon we posses and if he moves to centre we lose his ball playing capabilities.

No - After/IF, the forwards win back that ruck area - Tom is the KEY attacking weapon, needs the opportunity to sniff around the ball anywhere - anytime - all over the field....as a centre, locked onto 1 side of the field makes it far easier for the defence to close him down...
I understand and good point, but we are not getting over the advantage line at present . So hence the reason for a change . Tommy is no brett Stewart barking instructions to get his forwards rolling and is found out of position regularly. Change it around..... Im not saying wright is the key but it worked.

I can see your logic. But changing a player like Tommy T's to role he hasn't played this year when it's crunch time. I couldn't do it.

But I do agree that centre is a place we are missing spark of late.

If only Dylan walker wasn't struggling with injury this week and a chance of not playing.

I'd rest Kelly and play Parker in the other centre position.

Tommy t . is still one of the teams best attacking weapons and really this advantage can only be utilized best with him playing full back . Even in well beaten sides recently , he has still been able to trouble and be a threat the opposition . Can still be used more effectively but the better opportunities will only come when the Manly team has some improved go forward to allow more attacking space for him . Sure he could still handle playing centre but again the team would be getting less value from him then .

Tommy needs to get better at being in the right place at the right time on attack. He sniffs around the ruck making runs, trying to be there for an offload, but he constantly mis-reads the play and ends up wasting energy. I think it's just an experience and team cohesion thing that will improve over time but for now it's a big area to work on.

Moving him out of the #1 would be dumb though. He's our best attacking player and we need him everywhere.

Kelly over Uate on a wing?????

Kelly over Uate on a wing?????
No way .
Wingers should have pace
so Kelly is out of the race
speed_kills-255B1-255D-25282-2529.jpg

I like it, just a simple adjustment which wouldn't expose Kelly so much and still gives us a goal kicker in Wright. Good call mate now make it happen.

No turbo to centre , kelly to wing and wright to 1 . Uate stays there . Parker maybe the better option than kelly . Mate im not trent barrett so it aint a happening.
My mistake mate....actually doesn't look too bad now my Uate over sight has been rectified.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7