Juice up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
I am not accusing Hayne of going to USA and getting injected with the best performance enhancing drugs money can buy. However, one has to wonder about the temptation to do what many others do in the USA; take cutting edge drugs to get that competitive advantage.

It is a concern when when players change codes for a year only to return. I wonder how well regulated the other codes are with their drug testing. Perhaps playing overseas offers the opportunity to easily source non-detectable performance enhances.

Perhaps the NRL should continue to drug test players who want to return later in their careers.

What a silly post

What is of concern was the junket that parra called a "study" tour for him and other players

Would that be part of the salary cap?

I wish Hayne all the best. Now that he is in the headlines over there, the Yanks will now look at our game, which is a huge plus for rugby league!

ManlyArmy said:
I wish Hayne all the best. Now that he is in the headlines over there, the Yanks will now look at our game, which is a huge plus for rugby league!

It could also mean that their scouts look start looking at young Aussie league talent, enticing a few more to chase US $$
Anyway, I'm sure we'll be kept up to date with Hayne's every move. Photos and an article just about every day I reckon. I'm already over the novelty.:rolleyes:
Parra should use Hoppa as their FB as there's a good chance the Plane will be back in a year and will only be 27.

niccipops said:
ManlyArmy said:

It could also mean that their scouts look start looking at young Aussie league talent, enticing a few more to chase US $$
Anyway, I'm sure we'll be kept up to date with Hayne's every move. Photos and an article just about every day I reckon. I'm already over the novelty.:rolleyes:
Parra should use Hoppa as their FB as there's a good chance the Plane will be back in a year and will only be 27.

I meant Australia's Super League War.

silvertail said:
I am not accusing Hayne of going to USA and getting injected with the best performance enhancing drugs money can buy. However, one has to wonder about the temptation to do what many others do in the USA; take cutting edge drugs to get that competitive advantage.

It is a concern when when players change codes for a year only to return. I wonder how well regulated the other codes are with their drug testing. Perhaps playing overseas offers the opportunity to easily source non-detectable performance enhances.

Perhaps the NRL should continue to drug test players who want to return later in their careers.

Spot on. The first thing I thought when Hayne anounced this decision was that he waseavingvthe game he already excels at so that he can take a year out and get on the juice and come back and be the best origin player in twenty sixteen and win the games highest individual honour. I think we might see some more players taking advantage of this loophole. And it's a worry

niccipops said:
ManlyArmy said:

I've tried raising this point as well. Its not so much the top tier talent which could be pinched but the junior ranks who could be offered scholarships to go to college in the US instead of trying to make it through the junior grades. It would be very tempting for a young kid to go live in the states for 3-4 years, get an education and have a crack at making it in that sport.

Masked Eagle said:
niccipops said:
ManlyArmy said:

I've tried raising this point as well. Its not so much the top tier talent which could be pinched but the junior ranks who could be offered scholarships to go to college in the US instead of trying to make it through the junior grades. It would be very tempting for a young kid to go live in the states for 3-4 years, get an education and have a crack at making it in that sport.

It would be tempting for anyone not just kids. They wouldn't pay for their education if they were older but an all expenses payed trip to USA to live and play their national pass time? I'd do it in a heart beat. Considering how short a professional athletes career is they have to make an entire lifetimes wage in that timespan. That opportunity just takes the cake and adds cream and strawberries to go with it.

If you follow the NFL, you'd know the players only seem to either smoke pot, take "supplements" or use deer antler spray. So nothing to worry about...

I am sure this happens in many sports

Recall 15 or so years ago a Dutch (I think) female swimmer return from a few years out of competition looking huge and going from occasional semi finalist prior to multiple world record holder

I really really hope that the NFL scouts offer GI, $BW and all the other big fast grub players massive contracts. :) Please pretty please. Just NO Manly players OK ?

Mark Harris can go over and be a signing consultant / Manger / agent - give him a new lease on life. always had a soft spot for big ol' Mark Harris.

Fluffy said:
I am sure this happens in many sports

Recall 15 or so years ago a Dutch (I think) female swimmer return from a few years out of competition looking huge and going from occasional semi finalist prior to multiple world record holder

That was the Irish woman. First red flag - Irish swimmer doing well!

Sillybus said:
Masked Eagle said:
niccipops said:
ManlyArmy said:

It would be tempting for anyone not just kids. They wouldn't pay for their education if they were older but an all expenses payed trip to USA to live and play their national pass time? I'd do it in a heart beat. Considering how short a professional athletes career is they have to make an entire lifetimes wage in that timespan. That opportunity just takes the cake and adds cream and strawberries to go with it.

Agree completely.

Good on him for having a crack, but I just laughed when Hayne said, "it's not about the money," when it's all about the money.

You bought your mum a house - well done.

I just keep seeing that Cuba Gooding / Tom Cruise scene in Jerry McGuire.

"Show me the money !!!"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7