Judiciary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
So, I read that Flanagan escaped suspension for his deliberate knee to the head of Lodge because there was insufficient force to do damage.
Righto. If we believe this explanation then how come Waddell copped a two match suspension for a 'love tap' to the head of a 'Riff player that did absolutely no damage?
Taking the NRL's explanation into account: how come Burgess copped nine weeks suspension when Farah, although discomforted, played on and didn't miss a match?
If the NRL's ruling is to be believed, and followed, then any player causing damage to an opponent must be suspended. I presume that the only fair way to judge the severity of the suspension is to give the offender the same time out of the game as the victim.
That would mean should, heaven forbid, a player is put out of the sport forever - such as Alex McKinnon - then the perpetrator would also lose his career?
See how ridiculous the judiciary ruling on Flanagan is?
A suspension must be judged on 'intent', not damage caused. Burgess rightly got nine weeks because he intended to eye gouge Farah. Obvious the judiciary on that occasion didn't take into account the force applied to the eyes nor the damage done.
Is consistency still over-rated, eh Shoddy?

Like many things to do with the No Real Leadership, the judiciary’s a sham.

They claim it’s independent but 3 ex Queensland players ruling on current SOO player Sims ( who was due to play in the next match) is a perfect example where it isn’t.

So, I read that Flanagan escaped suspension for his deliberate knee to the head of Lodge because there was insufficient force to do damage.
Righto. If we believe this explanation then how come Waddell copped a two match suspension for a 'love tap' to the head of a 'Riff player that did absolutely no damage?
Taking the NRL's explanation into account: how come Burgess copped nine weeks suspension when Farah, although discomforted, played on and didn't miss a match?
If the NRL's ruling is to be believed, and followed, then any player causing damage to an opponent must be suspended. I presume that the only fair way to judge the severity of the suspension is to give the offender the same time out of the game as the victim.
That would mean should, heaven forbid, a player is put out of the sport forever - such as Alex McKinnon - then the perpetrator would also lose his career?
See how ridiculous the judiciary ruling on Flanagan is?
A suspension must be judged on 'intent', not damage caused. Burgess rightly got nine weeks because he intended to eye gouge Farah. Obvious the judiciary on that occasion didn't take into account the force applied to the eyes nor the damage done.
Is consistency still over-rated, eh Shoddy?

and Curtis Scott's punch to Dylan Walker that resulted in a broken eye socket !!

Have you ever heard such asinine stupidity from a group of numbnutted Punchies ... ever ...

It was a classic dog act ... knee to the head of an opponent unable to defend himself .....

As Kent said last night .... if it had been the other way around ... and the home invader had kneed Flannigan ... the NRL would be screaming for a 10 week suspension ....

The place is well and truly FUBAR 'd ....

Have you ever heard such asinine stupidity from a group of numbnutted Punchies ... ever ...

It was a classic dog act ... knee to the head of an opponent unable to defend himself .....

As Kent said last night .... if it had been the other way around ... and the home invader had kneed Flannigan ... the NRL would be screaming for a 10 week suspension ....

The place is well and truly FUBAR 'd ....
Lodge would have kicked Flanagan into next week, everyone is waiting for Lodge to explode.

They really do like making the game hard to follow.

It seems they believe they are running the WWE and not a footy comp.

The judiciary is a wet rag. Oh for the days of the Cowen era. Left us without Boyd for a season and a half, but cleaned up the game and made players realise they could end up with a career up defecation highway. This softly softly approach could end careers for those illegally attacked. Again Greenberg shows his inept running of the game. When are they going to rid the game of Todd and his lap dogs

Lodge would have kicked Flanagan into next week, everyone is waiting for Lodge to explode.
I would suggest that it won’t happen. In my (reasonably educated) opinion, he was almost definitely on ice when he rampaged in the US. Claims that it was alcohol are BS. He’s cleaned up his act a lot by the look of things, which does FA for the victims but you can only do what you can do...

I’d say we won’t see the big guy unleash cos he scared the absolute ****e out of himself and has gone the other way.

But if someone kneed me in the head like that, I wouldn’t limit things to a little leg check either... it would be game on.

I would suggest that it won’t happen. In my (reasonably educated) opinion, he was almost definitely on ice when he rampaged in the US. Claims that it was alcohol are BS. He’s cleaned up his act a lot by the look of things, which does FA for the victims but you can only do what you can do...

I’d say we won’t see the big guy unleash cos he scared the absolute ****e out of himself and has gone the other way.

But if someone kneed me in the head like that, I wouldn’t limit things to a little leg check either... it would be game on.

And then Lodge would get suspended and still nothing for flannagan. sheesh

I couldn't believe the report when the OP wrote it.

Clutching at straws time (which I have to do far too often with this bloody admin) but "at least" Flannagan now has points after accepting the grade one penalty so the next infringement gets him at least a week or so on the side lines.

The media have been giving the decision a pasting, so that's something (hey I said it was clutching at straws).

So we have an independent MRC. A double edged sword? Toddy and his boys can't whisper in their ears to get their favs into the GF, but then they can't really apply pressure when stupid decisions are made. Though I suspect in reality that the whispers to ears do happen.

In the nhl, their version of the mrc is not independent as the governing body own and control pretty much everything. So while that keeps the media from meddling in everything (like jobs for ex players, favs on fta consistently, easy draws for some teams, etc) it does lead to what we call "the nhl wheel of justice" - meaning you never know what you're going to get.

Though that got particularly bad in 2011 when the Judge, jury, and executioner of the nhl's mrc system was basically making desicions to benefit his hockey playing son, and the team he played for.

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/tag/wheel-of-justice/

However, I digress. Like fishermen going on about fishing. :p:)

IMO this decision and Mac quire's decision demand that the dopes that made the decisions be sacked immediately. This is like being the in the twilight zone!

The whole judicial process is a farce!! Get rid of the ridiculous fines that perpetrators can pay and be allowed to play. Ensure that a suspension is a suspension regardless of the match the player misses is a club game, an origin or international game or a final.

I want someone to explain to me how Sims gets suspended and McGuire who TWICE committed the same offence was not suspended and in the last origin finally got nailed for his dirty play with a weeks slap on the wrist.

The problem is that we are in the age of the niggler and they are allowed to get away with things unchecked and if you so much as sneeze at them you are done for retaliation. Scam Smith is the master at getting away with stuff in this regard.

The fans and members out there have no faith in the consistency of our judicial system and the way our game is officiated. The bunker was supposed to eliminate errors, its just made it worse and referees are not allowed to make decisions anymore as a result.

Too much tinkering with the game, let it flow like it used to and let teams win on merit rather than be determined by officials and every week we see games altered by decisions like sin binnings when some offences are dealt with and obvious ones are ignored!!

Confidence in every facet of the NRL is at an all time low. I don't know why the media aren't holding them to account. Their belief that the everyday fan is too dumb to question their inconsistent approach will see them be undone, I just hope the whole code doesn't go the way of Union in the meantime.

I don't know why the media aren't holding them to account
2 reasons, first and foremost, many league 'media commentators' have been given 'insider' privileges conferred directly by Greenberg and his minions, such as entry to invitation-only advance briefings and the like.
Second, nearly all the rest are employed by Fox or 9 and their associated media companies, and they have a vested interest in league being newsworthy and controversial but absolutely not in it being ridden with scandal or a laughing stock for ineptitude.
Ergo, personal privilege and the power of the almighty dollar prevail over truth and balanced reporting.
I thought it was obvious, in fact I don't know why anyone would be shocked at this!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8