• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
#NRLGF @gorgeousgrose to miss 2 matches for striking Kevin Locke, Warriors hooker Aaron Heremaia charged but 0 matches with early plea

manlyfan76 said:
How many weeks for the two video refs BE?

They are out until March.

They were a bit like Bones at Kogorah a few years back when he couldnt see the game because he was in the toilet with his eyes stapled closed.

The Warriors player was luckyit was a glancing blow if George meant to get him he would never have got up.

I don't think that it was a deliberate strike

Wasn't Georges effort MUCH less than Slater's on Cherry-Evans. Surely the club would have to use that as precedence???

Surely Manly plays 2 trials before the WCC game meaning Rose can play.

Maybe Lussick gets a run?

Oldfield for Robbo?

Who gets Hoppa's spot? Ben Farrar?

Manly to challenge George Rose's grading (2) on his striking charge from #NRLGF. Heremaia takes early plea on high tackle - no ban.
Facebook • 5/10/11 12:37 PM

Glad Manly are challenging the penalty. Just show that footage of dirt bag slater on DCE which received no penalty or suspension.

Only one trial counts against the record.

So if he gets two games he missed the first week of the NRL season. If it gets downgraded he will likely miss none

Daniel said:

So if he gets two games he missed the first week of the NRL season. If it gets downgraded he will likely miss none

Has this changed ? Was always 2 as far as I remember, am sure Matai and Stewart served 2 start of this year

Kiwi Eagle said:
Daniel said:

Has this changed ? Was always 2 as far as I remember, am sure Matai and Stewart served 2 start of this year

They might class the wcc as a trial

The Indigenous All Stars game is played first so he will miss that, it is not considered a trial so he will be right to play in round 1 regardless. The WCC is also not a trial so he could actually be suspended for 3 games and still be back for round 1.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Daniel said:

Am almost positive it has always been the rule that you can use one of the trials against your suspension but not all. Some teams play 3, some play 2 etc. Which is why I think they introduced that

firechild said:
The Indigenous All Stars game is played first so he will miss that, it is not considered a trial so he will be right to play in round 1 regardless. The WCC is also not a trial so he could actually be suspended for 3 games and still be back for round 1.

Test matches rarely get used, because he would have to have been named before he was suspended. They can't name him if they know he is unavailable and thus unlikely to do us any favours

MANLY prop George Rose will interrupt his premiership celebrations to confront the NRL judiciary tonight in hope of having his grand final striking charge downgraded.

Rose was on Monday slapped with a grade two striking charge following his elbow on Warriors hooker Aaron Heremaia.

The charge carried a two week suspension, but Rose is hoping to have that reduced at the judiciary. He is not risking any further suspension by doing so.

The hearing will take place at 6pm tonight.

Rose claims there was no malice in the tackle.

"It's something I don't know what happened, it was the motion of the tackle, I never try to hurt people - I never get my hands on the little blokes, so maybe that's what I do every time," he said.
Scott replaces Stewart for Tests
Hannant to go back to drawing board
Will's Eel deal resumes rivalries

Heremaia took the early guilty plea on a careless high tackle charge also stemming from the grand final and won’t miss any games.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2