Josh Starling Retires from NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Motor was always a good and honest toiler for Manly , can only wish him well and while not as mobile as B J , still had surprising speed for a big man over a short distance .

That's sad he's retired at 27, and not through injury. Gave his all at Manly :clap: and wish Josh all the best!

Disappointed to hear this. Had some good years here at manly, where he grew as a player. Shame no clubs wiling to give him a gamble, he's got it in him, it was just a matter of whether he could keep it up for a sustained amount of time

The NRL is a results driven business and its no place for the faint hearted people that make the tough decisions .There is a salary cap and there are young talented players coming through and there are pressures to select the most formidable squad of players that will compete against the fastest, strongest and most skillful players from other clubs that are vying for the big end of season prize .
Josh was a good bloke and a good role model
Shame he was not a quality player . The truth is Most forwards start peaking at mid 20s and Josh is on his way out .
Just saying it how I see it

Last edited:
Pauli Pauli.......there is a player in there somewhere......

Not sure he is worth the effort for Manly to try and bring it out of him, but wouldn't complain if we got him on a second tier deal

Lot of time for Josh. Met him at a junior coaching clinic. Always happy to chat and make time for fans and kids. All the best for your next chapter Josh and thanks for all you efforts with the Mighty Manly Sea Eagles.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2