Josh Schuster

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Holmsey

Bencher
This guy is going to be something very very special! Destroyed QLD under 16s today.

He has all the skills, very good defender. Makes meters like Taupau, built like Kapow has great post contact meters with good leg drive, offloading ability. Can ball play and kick, set up an amazing try with 3 special plays in the tackle. Chucked in a chip and chase. But his skill with the ball in hand was something very very special.

Other 2 were good. Albert is a bit like Milford with footwork and strength and also set up the match winning try. Ben was also strong, probably the best defender on the field with low strong tackles like Jake and also has Jakes offloads. He is basically Jake in Toms body with the ability to play on the edge and cut the line open. The other reps i didnt see enough of from manly, although weekes looked to have promise with a good head on his shoulders and he didnt overplay his hand.

These young blokes may be young but the promise and potential is hard to ignore.

Yep, still a fair way off but Shuster looked to be playing with them for that try, just a level above.

Things will even out in speed and strength and his size may not be big enough against the big boys but his skill is immense, looked better than the halfback in the second half as a playmaker.

Yep, still a fair way off but Shuster looked to be playing with them for that try, just a level above.

Things will even out in speed and strength and his size may not be big enough against the big boys but his skill is immense, looked better than the halfback in the second half as a playmaker.
Remember he's still growing, he reminds me of Wade Graham with his ball skills. Great future for these kids.

I know he is still growing but he is big for his age, usually these things even up a lot so in that try probably would have ended up on the ground at some stage. Out of the guys who played last night he would be my number 1 pick to keep.

He has skills like Graham but remember Graham was smaller at that age playing 5/8, I remember him getting smashed by Watmough in his first season in the NRL, went to the sharks to "bulk up" after that.

Shuster has silky hands for a forward, that no look pass was as good as any you will ever see.

I know he is still growing but he is big for his age, usually these things even up a lot so in that try probably would have ended up on the ground at some stage. Out of the guys who played last night he would be my number 1 pick to keep.

He has skills like Graham but remember Graham was smaller at that age playing 5/8, I remember him getting smashed by Watmough in his first season in the NRL, went to the sharks to "bulk up" after that.

Shuster has silky hands for a forward, that no look pass was as good as any you will ever see.

How did Graham "bulk up", they all seemed to have bulked up at the Sharks, especially the skipper, what's the secret?

Was curious is Josh related to former All Black and Knights outside back John Schuster. Tried googling but couldn’t tell for sure. I assume he may be. Anyway just curious and google led me to this thread.

Manly coach Des Hasler is considering taking a daring gamble on boom teenager Josh Schuster in the opening round of the 2020 season.

Haven't seen this before:
The Mole: Manly considers rookie gamble Jan 6th, 2020

There is no doubt that Schuster is destined for stardom - but most expected him to have to wait at least most of next season to make his top grade debut.

But word out of Brookvale is that the 18-year-old nephew of former Knights cult hero John Schuster is a big chance of filling the key five-eighth position.

That would enable the versatile Dylan Walker, who has had his problems at No.6, to move to his preferred position in the centres.

Much will depend on how Schuster, who starred for NSW under-18s last year, performs in the trials.

Hasler isn't afraid to throw young players into the fray if they are good enough - and Schuster certainly falls into that category.

Manly coach Des Hasler is considering taking a daring gamble on boom teenager Josh Schuster in the opening round of the 2020 season.

Haven't seen this before:
The Mole: Manly considers rookie gamble Jan 6th, 2020

There is no doubt that Schuster is destined for stardom - but most expected him to have to wait at least most of next season to make his top grade debut.

But word out of Brookvale is that the 18-year-old nephew of former Knights cult hero John Schuster is a big chance of filling the key five-eighth position.

That would enable the versatile Dylan Walker, who has had his problems at No.6, to move to his preferred position in the centres.

Much will depend on how Schuster, who starred for NSW under-18s last year, performs in the trials.

Hasler isn't afraid to throw young players into the fray if they are good enough - and Schuster certainly falls into that category.
Yeah I remember reading this, I actually thought Schuster may have started the year. I really hope he plays 6 against the raiders

Yeah I remember reading this, I actually thought Schuster may have started the year. I really hope he plays 6 against the raiders

Me too. Apart from Schuster's baptism against Wighton, him playing 6 would offer the least disruption to our backline.
Walker back to centre, Funa stays on the wing.

I think he's ready considering Des was thinking about starting him at 6 from round 1.

If DCE was at the top of his game, I’d consider Schuster at 6. But DCE isn’t so I wouldn’t.

I actually wonder whether Des will follow the same path he did with Foran and give Schuster his debut in the centres. I like Elliot as a back up - he is safe and you know what he will deliver - but our backline needs another strike attacking dimension and I think taking a punt on Schuster being ready now is worth it.

There are some wraps on Schuster, hopefully we can sign him for another 3-4 seasons, I seen him as a lock but I have been told he will play on the left edge at centre or as a backrower.

Hard to see how he has come along with no games this season, from what I have been told he will get some game time in the top grade this season.

Looking forward to see how he goes.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7