Josh Papalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You could even have Aus indigenous and NZ maori which would weaken NZ and Aus to make competition alot closer.

Anyone got the ARLC's number?

The sooner the ARLC brings in some really OFFICIAL guidelines to OFFICIALLY frame the rules for eligibility, we will continue to have these discussions when a players OFFICIALLY announces their intent to represent one way, or the other. And that's OFFICIAL.

Napper said:
I think

16yo (as kiwi said)
Nominate 1: top country Aus, NZ or England

Nominate 2 your heritage: 2nd tier nation.

Have world cups tri nations anzac tests etc

Every 2 yrs have heritage comp.

So in this Heritage comp youd have,

Nz: benji, foz etc

Aus: choc, slater, thurston etc

Samoa: SBW, Vatuvei, Matai

Tonga: mateo, Mason, Kite

And so on with Cook Islands, PNG, Fiji, Lebanon, Malta, Italy, France, Canada (to keep GE and his hat happy :p )

I'd love to see it. Imagine these small nations playing a competitive match against Aus and NZ? Samoa or Tonga could give England a run for their money easily!

IMG_2541.jpg

:p:p:p:p:p;)

edit: thanks Earnie!

Give me a break with all this whinging. Nathan Cayless, Jayson Cayless, Brent Webb, Josh Hoffman, Chase Stanley, Nathan Fien,Frank Pritchard,Shaun Kenny Dowall,Sam Mckendry,Gerard Beale that is without trying players that were born in Australia yet play for NZ. That isn't counting players who left NZ at young age like K Foran for example who I'm certain NZRL help oh so much lol who now play for NZ. So to the whingers out there yes bring in a new rule and let's make it were you were born and that would really wreck international football. I'm heavily involved in junior rugby league and I can tell you NZ are not shy trying to get kids born in Australia to represent them so don't whinge when 1 turns there back on you.

Restricting it to where you are born is a dumb idea, and nobody other than yourself has suggested it ...

Of all the names you mentioned, Webb and Fein are your only point, the others all have strong NZ links and roots

Why wouldn't NZ try to get kids born in Australia with 2 NZ parents to play for them, it is their heritage

What we have in this situation is a bloke who agreed, and signed a document declaring himself for NZ at international level, has now changed his mind completely and that isn't on, and he has stated it is for money, nothing else. Also the fact that Meninga has been constantly in his ear about it whilst knowing his declaration

Kiwi Eagle said:
Restricting it to where you are born is a dumb idea, and nobody other than yourself has suggested it ...

Of all the names you mentioned, Webb and Fein are your only point, the others all have strong NZ links and roots

Why wouldn't NZ try to get kids born in Australia with 2 NZ parents to play for them, it is their heritage

What we have in this situation is a bloke who agreed, and signed a document declaring himself for NZ at international level, has now changed his mind completely and that isn't on, and he has stated it is for money, nothing else. Also the fact that Meninga has been constantly in his ear about it whilst knowing his declaration

Maybe the NZRL should sue him for breach of contract ?

I'm not really that bothered Papalii wants to play SOO and rep Aus. I think he is a good player but a bit overated. Now I was more disappointed Tamou decided to pick Aus and SOO because he is a real quality player. I say good on them if they feel that's their preference and if it falls within the current rules. However they definitely need to adjust the rules especially regarding SOO. I don't mind players choosing between countries as there's alot of different factors to that. However Kiwis pledging allegiance to the Roos just to play Origin is what I'm not a big fan of. For me it is degrading the proud tradition of Origin. As a proud Kiwi I respect Origin as being the highest level of footy played by AUSTRALIANS. It is your guys own unique comp between 2 states. Us Kiwis shouldn't really be involved in it. If anything NZRL should organize a similar game or series for Kiwis although I realize this would be difficult. The eligiblity rules do need a revise and I hope it will improve the current format.

Well done Kasiano (for this alone...)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/why-canterbury-bulldogs-prop-sam-kasiano-said-hed-feel-weird-playing-for-kangaroos/story-e6frexnr-1226486890894

lsz said:
Well done Kasiano (for this alone...)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/why-canterbury-bulldogs-prop-sam-kasiano-said-hed-feel-weird-playing-for-kangaroos/story-e6frexnr-1226486890894

Its still a bit weird that he wants to play for NZ because of his Samoan heritage ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2