Josh Papalii

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a surprise.

One day we will learn why this continues to happen and why its allowed to happen.

Where is Auckland???

That's in Queensland, Queensland's everywhere!!! (sing it again everyone)

This is getting beyond a joke....let's just come out and say,

Everyone can play for whomever they want to play for....you decide,

You are an Aussie..no worries play for the Kiwi's...you are a Kiwi...no worries play for NSW, or Australia OR if you can't get a run play for the Kiwi's.

This has become a deadset farce!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Where is Auckland???

That's in Queensland, Queensland's everywhere!!! (sing it again everyone)

This is getting beyond a joke....let's just come out and say,

Everyone can play for whomever they want to play for....you decide,

You are an Aussie..no worries play for the Kiwi's...you are a Kiwi...no worries play for NSW, or Australia OR if you can't get a run play for the Kiwi's.

This has become a deadset farce!!

Brad Thorn and Tony Carrol are the worst cases.

Its become a joke to be honest. I understand kiwi players want to play SOO for the $ and challenge then why not make it a 4 team comp? Nsw, qld, nz, rest of pacific(fiji, tonga, samoa, png, cook islands etc..)

I've asked this on another forum but what exactly has the QRL ever done for international rugby league?

The NSWRL this year has/had matches against an island nation (Samoa) and will be playing Italy(should have Falcone, Mauro) in the next few weeks.

It's time for the ARLC to bring them back in with the players in this case and to make them play against other Countries.
They have arguably the toughest 2nd tier comp in the world and are doing stuff all to promote actually growing the game.
For example Q-Cup 17 vs PNG, Q-Cup 17 vs Wales

Napper said:
Its become a joke to be honest. I understand kiwi players want to play SOO for the $ and challenge then why not make it a 4 team comp? Nsw, qld, nz, rest of pacific(fiji, tonga, samoa, png, cook islands etc..)

Because,

"That's in Queensland"

Where is Christchurch (that's in Queensland) where is Fiji (that's in Queensland) etc etc

Just make them ALL Queenslanders!!

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
Wow.

That's officially ridiculous.

Besides losing 7 in a row, I believe this is why I am rapidly losing interest in the soo series.

The word "origin" has lost all meaning.

I just hope we got under the radar and none of our players get hurt, or picked.

To be fair he moved to QLD when he was 6....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/raiders-forward-josh-papalii-turns-back-on-nz-in-line-for-maroons-origin-jumper/story-fndujljl-1226480301579

Who cares. He trained with jr kiwis. Now hes good enough he chooses qld? **** off!! What a joke

How sad for International RL:(

So much for the ARLC growing the game :mad:

Watching Tamou a few weeks back, I was musing how good it would be to have a creditable NZ Side.
UK are finally competative and NZ could be too if the SOO mob left their Players alone.

I hope that no Manly Player has to front for that October TV Reality Show fiasco up in Townsville.
They just risk injury in a one sided game:dodgy:

lsz said:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/raiders-forward-josh-papalii-turns-back-on-nz-in-line-for-maroons-origin-jumper/story-fndujljl-1226480301579

I would agree, other than the fact that this time last year he signed a form for the NZRL declaring himself a kiwi

It's a joke

Should be a new rule, at 16 or when you sign your 1st NRL deal, you declare yourself and that's it, no changing

International RL is a farce too. Rangi Chase realised he was too **** for NZ so he played for England.

And dont get me started on the worlds ****test most paraded backrower in history Heighington.

Realised he wasnt in the top 20 Aussie back rowers so he said he was pommie too.

If i was an nrl player making at least 180k a season i wouldnt play for ANYONE but my own country. Even if it was 20k a game.

Sell outs!!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
lsz said:

I would agree, other than the fact that this time last year he signed a form for the NZRL declaring himself a kiwi

It's a joke

Should be a new rule, at 16 or when you sign your 1st NRL deal, you declare yourself and that's it, no changing

Exactly. Its the only way the international game will grow when nations get a fair share of talent.

Napper said:
International RL is a farce too. Rangi Chase realised he was too s**t for NZ so he played for England.

And dont get me started on the worlds ****test most paraded backrower in history Heighington.

Realised he wasnt in the top 20 Aussie back rowers so he said he was pommie too.

If i was an nrl player making at least 180k a season i wouldnt play for ANYONE but my own country. Even if it was 20k a game.

Sell outs!!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
lsz said:

It's a joke

Exactly. Its the only way the international game will grow when nations get a fair share of talent.

The funny thing with Heighington is it took him the best part of 10 years to realise he wasnt good enough.

Napper said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
QueeNZlander !!!

So much passion

Surely this would piss you off?

The thing that annoys me in this case, is him saying he was a kiwi last year, and now changing his mind. Wouldn't have a huge problem if he hadn't have done that. Pretty hard on a young bloke when Meninga is relentless in your ear about it and you play at his old joint

Tonie Carroll is the one that pissed me off the most, he wiped his arse with our jersey basically. Thought his NRL days were done, so finally said yes I will play, went to the World Cup, then a year later returned to the NRL and have us the flick, was a disgrace

Always love watching the clip of Hunt being knocked out on debut by Pritchard

Mateo is the funny one, next year for the World Cup he is eligible for Tonga, Australia, New Zealand and England

Next we'll be singing,

Where is Wigan (that's in Queensland), where is Warrington (thats in Queensland), where is Leeds (That's in Queensland)....Queenslands everywhere.

It really really looks like Mal and co are not just trying to shore up 10 victories in a row, they want to have that shield on permanent display at Suncorp.

Fair dinkum...what next!!

Critically, the Canberra wrecking ball admitted the fiscal reward on offer in the Origin arena, which could increase to $50,000 per game next season, was attractive.

"Anyone who says it's not about money is lying because it's a professional game these days," Papalii said.

Ahhh, there we have it, the Qld passion folks!

I think

16yo (as kiwi said)
Nominate 1: top country Aus, NZ or England

Nominate 2 your heritage: 2nd tier nation.

Have world cups tri nations anzac tests etc

Every 2 yrs have heritage comp.

So in this Heritage comp youd have,

Nz: benji, foz etc

Aus: choc, slater, thurston etc

Samoa: SBW, Vatuvei, Matai

Tonga: mateo, Mason, Kite

And so on with Cook Islands, PNG, Fiji, Lebanon, Malta, Italy, France, Canada (to keep GE and his hat happy :p )

I'd love to see it. Imagine these small nations playing a competitive match against Aus and NZ? Samoa or Tonga could give England a run for their money easily!

globaleagle said:
Wow.

That's officially ridiculous.

Besides losing 7 in a row, I believe this is why I am rapidly losing interest in the soo series.

The word "origin" has lost all meaning.

I just hope we got under the radar and none of our players get hurt, or picked.

little official...lol I like that

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6