Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think that Burbo would be keen to have a red hot go also and for the back row , just so difficult for guys like him , Sipley and Saddler last season having virtually no game time . Did not work out so well for Albert Hoppa as a junior S O O and then struggling in i st grade for Manly but bit more confident with Burbo with a similar background and development .
One noticeable advantage Burbo has over Albert is size. Hoppa didn't appear to grow much at all from Harold Matthews. Burbo has filled out his lanky frame, the lad is huge.

With the additions of Haumole, Davey and Aloiai, a fit Gossi, and the continued development of Keppie and Paseka, the pack looks even better than last year.
Yeah our depth players look fit as ****! Gosiewski looks a machine, Paseka is looking hard, even Boyle looks fit and strong. Add guys like Davey and Olakau-atu and we have probably more quality depth than any other forward pack in the comp. I'm expecting Gosiewski and Paseka to really shine and Olakau-atu to be a fan favourite very soon. Its gonna be hard to pick our best 17 but that's a great problem to have

My fear is that Dessie sees Guacamole as a middle forward and not an edge forward ... I hope I am wrong because we need a destructive runner outside than can set up a centre or winger ...

Do you think des will put him in the middle first where his role is tough but more straight forward and once he has some games under his belt move him wider so he can use the ball a bit once he feels more ready for first grade

Paseka came along slowly making very few errors and then once he was set stepped up in other areas mainly aggression

Do you think des will put him in the middle first where his role is tough but more straight forward and once he has some games under his belt move him wider so he can use the ball a bit once he feels more ready for first grade

Paseka came along slowly making very few errors and then once he was set stepped up in other areas mainly aggression

No idea ... but whatever the path .. I hope it leads to the edge ..

Yeah our depth players look fit as ****! Gosiewski looks a machine, Paseka is looking hard, even Boyle looks fit and strong. Add guys like Davey and Olakau-atu and we have probably more quality depth than any other forward pack in the comp. I'm expecting Gosiewski and Paseka to really shine and Olakau-atu to be a fan favourite very soon. Its gonna be hard to pick our best 17 but that's a great problem to have
The fat has been trimmed away or sent to Canterbury.

Interesting piece from Weidler - particularly around the notion he left for cash.

Tigers saga leaves bitter taste for Aloiai​

The truth behind Josh Aloiai’s messy departure from Wests Tigers has never been fully explained, but today we can take you inside the dealings that led to his sudden departure.

My character was assassinated,” he said. “But the details will remain with me. The club doesn’t need the firestorm because they cop it enough and there are a lot of great people there. I think 90 per cent or more of the players made the effort of contacting me when I was going through the drama I went through. I can look back on that time and I have my integrity.”

Aloiai became a target for Tigers officials when he agitated for an immediate release in November to join the Sea Eagles. The matter got uglier still when Aloiai texted chief executive Justin Pascoe to say, “I’ll never wear the jersey again”.

For some time this column has been making enquiries about the deal with Manly that saw Aloiai end up being branded greedy. The contract he signed with the Sea Eagles was for $30,000 more than what the Tigers were offering, so hardly the sort of money that would prompt you to ask for an immediate release.

Aloiai and his agent, Tyran Smith, approached the club to ask for an extension. They had a simple message for general manager of football Adam Hartigan: they wanted an easy negotiation and asked for the club’s best offer. An offer of $400,000 with $425,000 for the second year was put forward, but it was only on the table for 24 hours. It was a take-it-or-leave-it deal.

Aloiai had been among the Tigers’ best players in recent years and led the way in most of the key areas forwards are judged on.

The offer did not sit well with Aloiai or Smith. Eventually the offer was upped to $475,000 and $500,000. The issue was escalated to Pascoe, but things only got worse, even though the money on offer increased. Pascoe claimed he was not aware of the details of the deal, but I have been told he was copied in on emails about the negotiations. Aloiai then called out Pascoe on this. With all of this going on behind the scenes, Aloiai was getting torn to shreds publicly. To this day he won’t speak about what took place.

“My contract negotiations are private,” he said. “If I ever had to get into a debate on the facts in public I’d be comfortable that I’d win the debate. That’s all I will say.”

Pascoe did not respond to requests for comment.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4