Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just have to have Sirro running better lines on the edge and trying to link up better with his outside supports instead of last season "s regular cutting back on the inside and then play just breaking down with really nothing runs . Also concerned with Jake being probably one of the least effective attacking 13 's in the comp , can never doubt his defensive capacity but taking the line on as a 13 is a different matter and maybe a change of position for him and he is an excellent support forward . That is where even Siro might go O K as a 13 . Jet Ski would have gone well as an older style type lock but entirely different role now . Surely time for Olokau - au and Burbo to show that they are really up to consistent i st grade standard .
Sirro went downhill big time when he became a ball hog. Go back to inside/outside lines, and pass the fkn ball to your outside supports. If he was under Des’ direction to play like last year, then Des needs a rocket up his arse as well.
The bloke I’m hoping/will have a watershed year is Guacamole. Again Des’ usage of him last year was mind boggling. If Des takes the reins off, I can see Guaca going gangbusters.

Hmmmmm....really tough now, but if I were selecting and Manase is out:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. ?
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Haumole Olakau'atu
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey

Hmmmmm....really tough now, but if I were selecting and Manase is out:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. ?
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Josh Schuster
15. Haumole Olakau'atu
16. Sean Keppie
17. Andrew Davey
+ give Cust a run at hooker.

Also concerned with Jake being probably one of the least effective attacking 13 's in the comp , can never doubt his defensive capacity but taking the line on as a 13 is a different matter and maybe a change of position for him and he is an excellent support forward . That is where even Siro might go O K as a 13 .

You know Jake lead the league (tied with Cam Murray) for try assists and line break assists for lock forwards with 5 and 6 respectively........

Or are you simply talking tackle busts?

You know Jake lead the league (tied with Cam Murray) for try assists and line break assists for lock forwards with 5 and 6 respectively........

Or are you simply talking tackle busts?
No , i was not aware of those stats , recall that Jake put A F B and Paseka away with some good select passing and maybe a couple of other instances which was quite effective . But yeah on tackle busts , almost a non event from my recollection . Did not help with the way Des had some of the attacking patterns going last season and with Jake going on many a dead end run and just with the way the 6 again really compels plenty of sharp direct ruck running and quick play the balls , Jake "s style of go forward is quite limited

No , i was not aware of those stats , recall that Jake put A F B and Paseka away with some good select passing and maybe a couple of other instances which was quite effective . But yeah on tackle busts , almost a non event from my recollection . Did not help with the way Des had some of the attacking patterns going last season and with Jake going on many a dead end run and just with the way the 6 again really compels plenty of sharp direct ruck running and quick play the balls , Jake "s style of go forward is quite limited
That is with Jake as a 13

Also concerned with Jake being probably one of the least effective attacking 13 's in the comp ,
I think Jake shines in attack when he is part of a very good team, e.g. in Origin. For nearly all of 2020, he had no creative players, except DCE, around the ruck to combine with - no Turbo, no Fainu and no Walker. At the start of this season, there will be Turbo, Schuster, Foran & DCE and I expect Jake's attack to improve significantly. I also expect the team to score more tries this year, especially from kicks. If Fainu returns and all the aforementioned playmakers are available, we should have one of the most potent attacks in the competition.

Last edited:
Jake missed is combo with his brother last year. They are deadly when together.
If Tommy stays fit and Schuster gets game time Jake's game will improve.
We will destroy middles week in week out.

The bloke I’m hoping/will have a watershed year is Guacamole. Again Des’ usage of him last year was mind boggling. If Des takes the reins off, I can see Guaca going gangbusters.

My fear is that Dessie sees Guacamole as a middle forward and not an edge forward ... I hope I am wrong because we need a destructive runner outside than can set up a centre or winger ...

I am also not thrilled with calls to play Schuster as a middle forward at lock .... making a creative and running player like the Shoe make 40 heavy tackles a game ... and what, play 80 mins there ... and then expect him to live up to his reputation is very ambitious ... no, I'll change that ... it's madness.

I am also not thrilled with calls to play Schuster as a middle forward at lock .... making a creative and running player like the Shoe make 40 heavy tackles a game ... and what, play 80 mins there ... and then expect him to live up to his reputation is very ambitious ... no, I'll change that ... it's madness.

5/8 for sure , Foran I think will start and they’ll share that role with the Shoe eventually taking over long term.

And who knows how long Foran will last , we all hope it’s 26 plus games but in reality we might be lucky to get 10-12

You could play him as an edge backrower and feed him plenty of early ball if Foran is 5/8. Keep him out of the 13.

I haven't seen enough of Aloiai to know where he might fit in our pack, but if anyone's going to replace AFB, my money would be on Paseka. He really started to show something last season and I hope he can continue the improvement.

Think that Burbo would be keen to have a red hot go also and for the back row , just so difficult for guys like him , Sipley and Saddler last season having virtually no game time . Did not work out so well for Albert Hoppa as a junior S O O and then struggling in i st grade for Manly but bit more confident with Burbo with a similar background and development .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4