Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You’re probably 100% right.
I just thought Des maybe up to something. Joel Thompson was 6’3 and 103kg. Josh is 6’2 and 106kg so not too different. Has a history in the backrow.

Interested to see who earns the 2nd backrow spot. Hopefully not Gosie.
yes I suppose my concern is the ability to run those lines on an edge. I have not watched him closely obviously seeing he wasn't an Eagle but I think his game is more hit through the middle quick play the ball and he has a good stand and offload. Running the lines required on an edge is a very different skill. Yes Gosie is a question mark. He has great ethnusiasm, can run some good lines etc but I think he is just not consistent enough. This will have to be his prove it year in my opinion.

Anyone recall what was the extent of AIAs knee injury?

It was reported he didn't do an ACL late 2020. I can't find confirmation, but I seem to have a vague memory that there might have been a backflip, and he did tear his ACL?

Solid player when fit. Just hope our club Drs let him get fully fit before giving him a run what ever it was.

Last year our club seemed to bring blokes back who to the eye didn't look ready. It was injury after injury by players just returning from injury.

Jake started the year when it seemed unlikely to be ready, given the lateness of his shoulder surgery. Important player, but he ended up not being himself the entire year.

Club no doubt have experts who say they are right to go.

Just Hoping the club might play the long game in 2021, just give em an extra week, an extra month just in case. It will be the fitness of players come August, September, October that will decide our season.

Fortunately there is some depth in the front row stocks so if there is some delay in his [ Alioia ] recovery ,should be no big deal . Think that there is going to be a fair bit of consideration whether Paseka should start with Marty in any case even if Josh is ready to go at season start . Sure that Sipley and Boyle would be primed to go as well and hope that Keppie can continue his improvement which seemed to stall a bit at different stages last season .

Josh today, knee strapped but running in field work

Attachments

• 8E81848C-D0E5-4F9D-909D-5EDD106B1A79.png
    8E81848C-D0E5-4F9D-909D-5EDD106B1A79.png
    440.8 KB · Views: 28
The psychological part the game makes a difference

Jake is a great forward but he has the temperament of an alter boy

Our pack lacks intimidation .

Aloiai is the Aggressor and the Assassin that our pack needs

He is The eyes of the Tiger in our Eagles pack

I hope he can inspire the others to be a bit more aggressive

Controlled aggression like the one from smiling assassins .

8E81848C-D0E5-4F9D-909D-5EDD106B1A79.png

Haven 't seen much of him playing [ well almost zero actually ] but he [ Alioia ] looks like a pretty solid and mobile unit . Even allowing for injuries , some of the defence around the ruck for Manly last season was quite ordinary , Paseka was aiming up O K and Jake reasonably solid but definitely need some more starch there and especially with A F B moving on . Hopefully Alioia can bring some controlled aggression to the pack .

Haven 't seen much of him playing [ well almost zero actually ] but he [ Alioia ] looks like a pretty solid and mobile unit . Even allowing for injuries , some of the defence around the ruck for Manly last season was quite ordinary , Paseka was aiming up O K and Jake reasonably solid but definitely need some more starch there and especially with A F B moving on . Hopefully Alioia can bring some controlled aggression to the pack .
As much of a Powerhouse AFB is, especially with ball in hand, has never been an intimidating defender and Aloiai will definately add more starch and aggression in this area....an area we have been quite soft the past 2 seasons apart from the crunching Jake.

Spud Carroll on Aloiai

Aloiai has been one of the NRL’s improvers and the former Tiger could form a fearsome one-two punch in the middle of the field alongside Sea Eagles tyro Marty Taupau at his new home in Brookvale.

A consistent, no-nonsense performer on the field, Aloiai also isn’t bad with the gloves on. He was a talented junior fighter and those in the know believe he just might be the best boxer in the NRL.
See that news would’ve been so much greater pre-no punch rule. Hopefully he"ll give off some junk yard dog intimidation to the opposition regardless. We need a mongrel in the pack.

I reckon the antics are simply the fact Aloiai blew up about an ordinary offer, in relation to what he gave on the field....he only had rave reviews from team mates and obviously the coaching staff who only got dirty when he wanted out to join Manly, again only on the back of mismanagement on their part.

My take on this is that the Tigers offered him less in writing to what was agreed verbally. Yes I know the contract is implied via a verbal offer, but in practical terms it is often based on "who" actually makes the verbal offer. It seems that Aloiai felt very aggrieved at the "formal" offer from the club, which was probably very different to what he thought had been agreed too verbally. Words are important, and in this case the actions of the club, didn't match the words that were spoken originally.

Saw a photo of Aloiai in a no. 12 Sea Eagles jersey. Could this mean anything? (Initially, he played backrow for the Tigers)

View attachment 16840
Pretty sure they pass the same jersey around for the shoots mate (because the number isnt visible at the front) so I think you'll find that the players are lined up and they swap the jerseys on and off.

I've been to a couple of these and this is usually the case.

Just have to have Sirro running better lines on the edge and trying to link up better with his outside supports instead of last season "s regular cutting back on the inside and then play just breaking down with really nothing runs . Also concerned with Jake being probably one of the least effective attacking 13 's in the comp , can never doubt his defensive capacity but taking the line on as a 13 is a different matter and maybe a change of position for him and he is an excellent support forward . That is where even Siro might go O K as a 13 . Jet Ski would have gone well as an older style type lock but entirely different role now . Surely time for Olokau - au and Burbo to show that they are really up to consistent i st grade standard .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4