Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems a real good bloke and genuinely happy and excited to be here. I think we will have a very likable side next year. Guys like Aloiai, Saab, Tuiponua, Schuster are all likable characters on top of Jake, Marty and Turbo etc
As long as we are likeable off it and mongrel dogs on it and prepared to do whatever it takes to win. Take no prisoners was always my motto and hopefully it is Manly's in 2021.

As long as we are likeable off it and mongrel dogs on it and prepared to do whatever it takes to win. Take no prisoners was always my motto and hopefully it is Manly's in 2021.
I think with Keppie, Aloiai, Gosiewski we have a bit of aggression. Olakau-atu also looks like a goer and won't take a backwards step and Cust and Walker add a real competitive attitude too so I think we should have that mongrel next year. Add guys like Foran, Jake, Turbo and Chez we have a team of competitors next year. I really can't find a weak link other than our #9

I think with Keppie, Aloiai, Gosiewski we have a bit of aggression. Olakau-atu also looks like a goer and won't take a backwards step and Cust and Walker add a real competitive attitude too so I think we should have that mongrel next year. Add guys like Foran, Jake, Turbo and Chez we have a team of competitors next year. I really can't find a weak link other than our #9

It’s come together pretty well but 9 is the really big issue and it won’t go away.

Just a sideline thing really - but Aloiai seems to have bulked up a whole lot in the past three or so seasons. Still listed as a relatively small forward though, at 106kg. He LOOKS bigger than that...can anyone confirm that he’s a real prop size, and the 106kg is what he weighed when he first started?
Not a real issue I guess, but I figure we are losing a monster in AFB, and wondering if we are replacing like for like, or if he’ll have a slightly different role.

Just a sideline thing really - but Aloiai seems to have bulked up a whole lot in the past three or so seasons. Still listed as a relatively small forward though, at 106kg. He LOOKS bigger than that...can anyone confirm that he’s a real prop size, and the 106kg is what he weighed when he first started?
Not a real issue I guess, but I figure we are losing a monster in AFB, and wondering if we are replacing like for like, or if he’ll have a slightly different role.
To be honest Freagle - there's no replacing AFB as a Hulk like front rower, built on raw power and robust strength through the line.
Though Aloiai like every other prop bar Papalli can not match those lofty attributes, he does bring something extra and something very important in the modern game....he will run with full aggression and FIGHT for that Fast play the ball...oftrn AFB would carry 3-4 players making 5-6 post contact metres, but play the ball at turtles pace, Aloiai is all energy and this is a component that will create much needed space to our halves and the likes of Tom T, which I believe will be his role and 1 that benefits the team in a big way.

Global Eagle re post 562

FYI- I now hate you and I understand why Mr Hat has spat the dummy and is now not talking to you; so jealous, bluebird and uncrowded, bast*rd!

PS Where is that?

To be honest Freagle - there's no replacing AFB as a Hulk like front rower, built on raw power and robust strength through the line.
Though Aloiai like every other prop bar Papalli can not match those lofty attributes, he does bring something extra and something very important in the modern game....he will run with full aggression and FIGHT for that Fast play the ball...oftrn AFB would carry 3-4 players making 5-6 post contact metres, but play the ball at turtles pace, Aloiai is all energy and this is a component that will create much needed space to our halves and the likes of Tom T, which I believe will be his role and 1 that benefits the team in a big way.
Nice one - thanks Maxta. As you say, perhaps more suited to the modern game, then!

The burning question now is who will get first crack at the vacant front row spot?

Taniela Paseka or Josh Aloiai? Right now I'm inclined to think that Paseka has the inside running, but it will also go on who Des and co. think had the better pre-season. But whoever does start, the other will at the very least be first drop prop on the bench alongside Keppie.

Spud Carroll on Aloiai

Aloiai has been one of the NRL’s improvers and the former Tiger could form a fearsome one-two punch in the middle of the field alongside Sea Eagles tyro Marty Taupau at his new home in Brookvale.

A consistent, no-nonsense performer on the field, Aloiai also isn’t bad with the gloves on. He was a talented junior fighter and those in the know believe he just might be the best boxer in the NRL.

“Manly need it,” Carroll said. “Aloiai has to replace Addin Fonua-Blake and they are big shoes to fill. He talks a big game. I want to see what he’s got. If he has the same antics at Manly as he did at Wests, Dessie (Hasler) won’t put up with that **** at all.”

Spud Carroll on Aloiai

Aloiai has been one of the NRL’s improvers and the former Tiger could form a fearsome one-two punch in the middle of the field alongside Sea Eagles tyro Marty Taupau at his new home in Brookvale.

A consistent, no-nonsense performer on the field, Aloiai also isn’t bad with the gloves on. He was a talented junior fighter and those in the know believe he just might be the best boxer in the NRL.

“Manly need it,” Carroll said. “Aloiai has to replace Addin Fonua-Blake and they are big shoes to fill. He talks a big game. I want to see what he’s got. If he has the same antics at Manly as he did at Wests, Dessie (Hasler) won’t put up with that **** at all.”
What antics is he referring to?

You’re probably 100% right.
I just thought Des maybe up to something. Joel Thompson was 6’3 and 103kg. Josh is 6’2 and 106kg so not too different. Has a history in the backrow.

Interested to see who earns the 2nd backrow spot. Hopefully not Gosie.
Davey and Olakau-atu can fill that void aswell. Both are huge units and run good lines. I reckon Siro had better improve or he'll find himself benched much like eels did with Lane

What antics is he referring to?
I reckon the antics are simply the fact Aloiai blew up about an ordinary offer, in relation to what he gave on the field....he only had rave reviews from team mates and obviously the coaching staff who only got dirty when he wanted out to join Manly, again only on the back of mismanagement on their part.

Davey and Olakau-atu can fill that void aswell. Both are huge units and run good lines. I reckon Siro had better improve or he'll find himself benched much like eels did with Lane
I don't see how you can fit Sir Loin, Guaca, Davy and Jetski into the top 17 without unbalancing the bench (figuratively speaking)
What I'd like, if players are all available, is Sir Loin and Guaca starting in the second row with Jetski on the bench as he has the added utility factor of being able to play in the backline.
The other bench players 'should' be: two front rowers (between Tent, Kapow, Kepi, Vera, Lance, Sippers), and Foran/The Shoe as the utility.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4