Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I assume now there'll be more media bleeting about players breaking contracts because it's Manly involved with Saab and now Aloiai. Ignoring the fact that every other club does it as well.

The signing of Saab and Tuipulotu is some good news news during a very dark week for the club and the players losing one of the family. Aloiai & Garner would be great additions. All we need now is a quality hooker. Regardless of the De Belin verdict I cant see the NRL backing down on the Fainu ban until his matter is finalized in court. I have in recent times be critical of our recruitment and retention but the young talented players that we have targeted in recent weeks indicates that we are now getting our recruitment tragedy right.

Recruitment tragedy!
Love it.

It's been a great off season thus far with the signing of Foran, Davey, Tuipulota, Saab and Aloiai. @Snake has alluded to the fact that Manly are hoping to clear FAINU. It has also been posted that Des will probably keep a spot open for a late signing should the stand down be upheld.

I think there will be more adjustments made to the squad before round one. However, anything else is cream on top.

Would love to see us go after the young Schneider from the Eels. I believe he was released.
u16s NSW. And 2018 emerging blues squad.

Be a great chance for him to make his mark in first grade and if Fainu doesn’t come back could work out long term.
It will be interesting to see what happens here. It will tell us where Des sees Crocker in the scheme of things. If the NRL don’t back down (which they won’t regardless of the DeBelin outcome), then best case Fainu returns August. If we buy someone in the next month it is likely to be a youngster or Nathan Peats at a bargain basement price, leaving Crocker in Blacktown colours. If Des still rates Croker, we might not sign anyone and they will put ZDC on a dev contract.

This from the Tigers website

127158256_1426887817660708_3059329435725813416_o.jpg

Aloiai will join an impressive front-row at Manly next season alongside the likes of international Martin Taupau, Taniela Paseka, Sean Keppie, Morgan Boyle, and Toff Sipley.

A hard running prop with a high work ethic, Aloiai enjoyed his best year in the NRL in 2020.

In his debut year in the NRL, Aloiai become the first player in the Wests Tigers history to play every game in their debut year despite suffering a broken hand midway through the season.

He has also played two Tests for Samoa.

Josh Aloiai Profile
DOB: 11/11/1995

Birthplace: Auckland, NZ

Junior Club: Glenora Bears

Height: 189cm

Weight: 106kg

Position: Prop

NRL Debut: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors, 05/03/2016, Rd 1

Previous Clubs: Wests Tigers (2016-20), Parramatta Eels

NRL Career: 90 games, 11 tries

Representative: Samoa 2018-19 (2 Tests)

Surely Croker has proven he isn’t a 9...even temporarily.

I think Cust would be worth more of a shot at 9. He’s re-signed last year so clearly the club wants him around.

If not Cust, I’d hate us to go for Peats. He’s a dud. Past it. Partying with the likes of Cartwright and Corey Norman. No thanks.

Id take a young kid or ZDC any day.
Hey, I’m with you. I’ve made it clear elsewhere that I wouldn’t have Crocker near the 17. I just don’t know where Des sees him.

I honestly know nothing about this guy.

Is he any good? Is he a prop or second row? Is he a tosser or was the tantrum to leave the Tigers justified?

Good signing however one thing that has come to mind from this.

I find it interesting that the club can find the money to pay a fee to the Tigers (that isn't included in the cap) to get Aloiai released, but want to charge members double the price for home game tickets in 2021 because they are struggling financially...

Good signing however one thing that has come to mind from this.

I find it interesting that the club can find the money to pay a fee to the Tigers (that isn't included in the cap) to get Aloiai released, but want to charge members double the price for home game tickets in 2021 because they are struggling financially...
I'm all for anything that will lift the quality of the side... I'd rather pay more to watch a great team than receive a free ticket to watch mediocrity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4