Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Driving to work today I heard a caller to BSB who was adamant there is way more to the Aloiai story and it will all come out. And while he is being painted the villain, that is far from the truth. Just one anonymous caller but it always seemed obvious to me there is more to it.
Should be resolved pretty soon anyway I'd say.
More to a story than what is being reported in the media... who could have imagined such?

If i were him I'd be getting on one of them zero turn ride on mowers and doin a few donuts on the pitch at leichardt, Campbelltown and Concord. ..normally have drink holders as well...better than doing the beep tests and running up hills.

Driving to work today I heard a caller to BSB who was adamant there is way more to the Aloiai story and it will all come out. And while he is being painted the villain, that is far from the truth. Just one anonymous caller but it always seemed obvious to me there is more to it.
Should be resolved pretty soon anyway I'd say.

Missed Josh at the bottle shop yesterday by 10 minutes. Will have more news about it this afternoon. Apparently the tigers reneged on a promised deal and offered a substantial amount less per season from 2022, from what I heard it was a massive decrease!

Missed Josh at the bottle shop yesterday by 10 minutes. Will have more news about it this afternoon. Apparently the tigers reneged on a promised deal and offered a substantial amount less per season from 2022, from what I heard it was a massive decrease!
Surely that is the club's prerogative.
Al should play out the 2021 season to the best of his ability, at a salary he has been comfortable with, and then at the end of the season place himself on the market. If he is as good as he thinks he is then he'll get financially rewarded by another club.
I don't like players holding clubs to ransom.

Al should play out the 2021 season to the best of his ability, at a salary he has been comfortable with, and then at the end of the season place himself on the market. If he is as good as he thinks he is then he'll get financially rewarded by another club.
A prerogative that comes at a price namely losing the player's trust and destroying the relationship. For him to come out and say he'll never wear the jersey again suggests that he feels he has been poorly treated.

A prerogative that comes at a price namely losing the player's trust and destroying the relationship. For him to come out and say he'll never wear the jersey again suggests that he feels he has been poorly treated.
I'm not saying it was wise of Wests to low-ball Al for future seasons. I fact, it was dumb. Why wouldn't the club put all future negotiations with him until the end of his current contract, by which time both the club and the player would have a more accurate gauge of his worth?
Why do clubs have to worry about future seasons. 2021 is the only one they, and players, should be concerned about until the grand final is over.

The problem that I hear is he was originally offered the bigger amount through correspondence with the club. They then withdrew that offer and offered him substantially less when he went to officially negotiate the deal for 2022. They denied that the original offer even existed! That and the fact he was misquoted on some comments.

I'm not saying it was wise of Wests to low-ball Al for future seasons. I fact, it was dumb. Why wouldn't the club put all future negotiations with him until the end of his current contract, by which time both the club and the player would have a more accurate gauge of his worth?
Why do clubs have to worry about future seasons. 2021 is the only one they, and players, should be concerned about until the grand final is over.
Surely you can't be serious? Are you implying that both the club and player should forego all future planning to focus on a 12 month time frame only?

Because rival clubs are permitted to negotiate with him from Nov 2021 the Tigers and his manager starting negotiating well before that to extend him to get him off the market in Nov 2021. This system that permits signing a player a season in advance is the core of the problem. So negotiations take place and it appears promises were made by the club and then then denied and retracted. Frankly if these circumstances were true then I don't blame him for wanting out..

The problem that I hear is he was originally offered the bigger amount through correspondence with the club. They then withdrew that offer and offered him substantially less when he went to officially negotiate the deal for 2022. They denied that the original offer even existed! That and the fact he was misquoted on some comments.

Didn't Manly do something similar with dce?

Whats the saying? Where's there smoke there's fire .....

1606267929310.jpeg

I don't agree. If they made a promise of a contract upgrade and reneged, then it isn't much different from him reneging. Both examples are commitments, one verbal and one in writing; however, the premise is the same. You could say to both the Tigers and Josh, don't make promises you aren't going to keep. They are equally at fault for this situation if what we are hearing is accurate.

100% correct ... if he was/is unhappy with his offer for 2021 .. his recourse is to do exactly what he did .. sign with another club for 2021 ... does not entitle him to not fulfil his legal obligations for 2020 ... just as the club has to ...

Because rival clubs are permitted to negotiate with him from Nov 2021 the Tigers and his manager starting negotiating well before that to extend him to get him off the market in Nov 2021. This system that permits signing a player a season in advance is the core of the problem. So negotiations take place and it appears promises were made by the club and then then denied and retracted. Frankly if these circumstances were true then I don't blame him for wanting out..
Bingo!

Maybe he’ll do what Gorden Tallis did, refuse to play and sit out the year playing club rugby.

That’s assuming he can afford to do that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4