Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just don’t think he really has a big physical impact in attack. Sure he’s good for morale but he tends to be pretty quiet and inconsistent unless it regards inside angled runs and tigers games (where we’ve been losing anyway). More injuries now again and I think he’s a sinking ship.

Time to move on and up.Garner is young, so is Olakautau and personally I’d prefer both (even Jetski as he has a great tryscoring combo with dce and is more consistently involved).

Very harsh I know but he is just Trent Barrett average for mine, and inconsistent. If he stays he needs to learn to pass again.
gee in my view he is the best line running forward we have.... by far!

Didn’t DCE do a similar thing ... threatening not to play unless his contract was upgraded even though he was still under contract -,wasn’t this the basis of the blow up Watmough??
A bit different. DCE was on minimum wage and his contract was up that year. Was not contacted for the following year.

Why, because when he asked for a release we simply said yes .. off you go ... have a good trip ? The only reason that could happen is if we weren't that upset about it ...

Let's see what our reaction would be if Tommy comes to training next week and says he has met a girl that lives in Newcastle and he wants an immediate release to go there ....

Or if Schuster comes to training and says he wants out now because Easts have offered him more money ...

Or Jake says he won't be back ... he has always dreamed of playing for Parramatta ...

When both parties agree .. or compensation is available .. it can be a mutually beneficial situation .. but I see no reason why a club must bend over and play nice without the benefit of a reach around when a player simply decides to break a contract and walk out ...

If there are nice girls in Newcastle I’m going up there with Tommy.

Some posts make me laugh.....Aloiai’s attitude, concern over what he will bring to the club, no better character than AFB, this guy is a worry lololol.
Wonder if the same carry on would happen if JAC or Staggs or Touponoua or Naden did the same thing & wanted a release to come here! Bet they’d be supported & accepted with open arms......looks to me like any player that comes or wants to come to Manly is crucified without knowing the full story other than what’s fed from media bull$hit that is mostly laughable.

Some posts make me laugh.....Aloiai’s attitude, concern over what he will bring to the club, no better character than AFB, this guy is a worry lololol.
Wonder if the same carry on would happen if JAC or Staggs or Touponoua or Naden did the same thing & wanted a release to come here! Bet they’d be supported & accepted with open arms......looks to me like any player that comes or wants to come to Manly is crucified without knowing the full story other than what’s fed from media bull$hit that is mostly laughable.
so so true - very very judgemental lot here lol

I don't know how anyone can say Manly handled the AFB release poorly.

What i do know is that not one of you morons knows how much compensation was paid, what AFB's true contract value was, what happened behind the scenes, what conversations were had, or if Manly were happy or annoyed to see him go.

All anyone really knows is that he wanted to go and he was let go with minimal fuss.

Yeah!

Morons!

iu

What i do know is that not one of you morons knows how much compensation was paid, what AFB's true contract value was, what happened behind the scenes, what conversations were had, or if Manly were happy or annoyed to see him go.

All anyone really knows is that he wanted to go and he was let go with minimal fuss.
I thought it was handled pretty well. The thing I liked about it was it was decisive - we didn't have to read about it in the news for days.

A couple of other comments on things that have been posted lately:

- I thought it funny that the Chairman of the Tigers said that Josh could mow the lawns. I am pretty sure this is a constructive redundancy, so by all means they should go ahead with that.

- I think that if Josh wilfully breaches his current contract, the Tigers terminate his contract as a result and the NRL decide to refuse to register his 2021 contract with Manly (or whether), there are arguments that it would not be an unlawful restraint of trade. Restraints are unlawful unless reasonable and in the public interest - the same test was applied in the De Belin case. In my view, it would not be unreasonable for, and there are public interest arguments in favour of, the NRL refusing to register a contract of a player who deliberately breached their last contract as a tactic to join a new club.

I want Josh to come to Manly in 2021, but only with the Tigers' blessing (even if grudgingly given).

I know he was the best forward in the game and that alone should help when getting a Nrl quality player in return or an unproven young gun.Its not rocket surgery ?
:rolleyes::oops:@:rolleyes::wondering:

I thought it was handled pretty well. The thing I liked about it was it was decisive - we didn't have to read about it in the news for days.

A couple of other comments on things that have been posted lately:

- I thought it funny that the Chairman of the Tigers said that Josh could mow the lawns. I am pretty sure this is a constructive redundancy, so by all means they should go ahead with that.

- I think that if Josh wilfully breaches his current contract, the Tigers terminate his contract as a result and the NRL decide to refuse to register his 2021 contract with Manly (or whether), there are arguments that it would not be an unlawful restraint of trade. Restraints are unlawful unless reasonable and in the public interest - the same test was applied in the De Belin case. In my view, it would not be unreasonable for, and there are public interest arguments in favour of, the NRL refusing to register a contract of a player who deliberately breached their last contract as a tactic to join a new club.

I want Josh to come to Manly in 2021, but only with the Tigers' blessing (even if grudgingly given).
Would be difficult and hardly a good example for the N R L to register a player's contract at a new club of his choice if the arrangement was not mutually agreeable with his previous club .West Tigers are hardly showing themselves in good light however with their blatant inconsistency with some of their other player dealings at the moment . Just seem to hanging out for some more concessions , obviously are aware that it is not really tenable for Aloiai to stay on there for too much longer

That could be a No Brainer . [ B T W, hope that you are not trying to usurp Woodsie 's Numnut classification with this Moran manifestation . [ serious matter this ]

When you place a "b" in numbnut, as I always do, it is a Scottish term of endearment .. as the great bard said ..

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely numbnuts: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays a many a part."

Agree about the comment about mowing lawns being unprofessional .. it was a bitchy response to Aloaoaiiaooai's comment that he would never play for Tigers again ... it was meant to imply that he would still be contracted at Tigers next year even wasn't going to play .. he could mow the lawns ..

I applaud Tigers (in principle) for making a stand ... to me the onus is on the player and the club that wants him to come up with a deal that Tigers will settle for ...
I can't concentrate now I read you and @Kevinward777 are mates and agreeing on stuff? Fxck ...... the off season is really boring if you two aren't fighting.......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4