Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bailey Sironen released by Souths & joining Warriors!!!! Jack Johns also released & joining Knights......seems the Knights now have an unlimited salary cap! How many have they signed now maybe 8 players for next year lolol

Wests Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis has returned serve at prop Josh Aloiai - telling the front-rower “he can mow the lawns at Leichhardt and Campbelltown as far as we’re concerned”.
Aloiai sensationally demanded an immediate release from Concord on Tuesday by sending a text message to CEO Justin Pascoe claiming “I’ll never wear the jersey again”.

But the Tigers have been used as an NRL doormat too many times and the chairman has hit back by refusing to allow Aloiai out of the final year of his contract.

As far as we’re concerned he can mow the lawns at Leichhardt and Campbelltown and paint the sheds at Concord,” Hagipantelis told Fox Sports.

“He’s a contracted employee at the Wests Tigers for 2021 and under the terms of his employment he’ll be remaining at the club.”

Hagipantelis has also once-again endorsed Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire and remains adamant the club will soon announce the premiership-winner has been extended at Concord until the end of 2023.

Fair enough I say. The rot has to stop somewhere. Players and their managers coming up with bullshiit tactics. And also it might seem like a small deal to the texting generation, but if you’re going to tell your CEO, you won’t wear the jersey again, then be a man, and tell him to his face. Says a lot about his character imo.

I blame NRL. Players don't need 12 month's notice to move what a load of BS. A Transfer window should start after gf - before preseason. And you can't sign someone whose already got a bloody contract.

This current system in which a signature is not worth the paper it's written on has to go.

regardless of his stature he was a bad egg. we gave him up by choice. simple.
I was told by a very good source, he (AFB) has been read the riot act and has extra behavioural KPIs included in his contract. The two main ones are his presence on social media, and anything to do with gang culture. Let’s see if the Warriors can change the egg.

Okay, I want him at Manly, listen to this attitude (it's what you want around the club):
fair enough, but in 2 or 3 years will he be offering to mow brookvale instead of play to get out of another contract?
i hope not & i guess we will have to wait & see

A mate of mine recently gave his employer four weeks notice that he was taking up a similar position with a competitor. The reason he decided to jump ship-they offered him an annual package which was 30k more than what he was presently on.

His employer let him go immediately to take up the position with their competitor.
happens all the time at my workplace, the only people allowed to work their 4 weeks are the labourers, sometime even then they are told to leave immediately

The current system is little bit ****,but the Tigers are a little bit hypocritical with their stance.
They signed Utoikamanu and wanted the Eels to let him go a year early,they have just signed Dane Laurie for 2022/3 and I reckon they would be hoping the Panthers will let him go...

Wests Tigers are weighing up a play for Broncos prop Joe Ofahengaue that could trigger a raft of NRL player moves.

The Tigers are continuing with plans to reshape their roster as forwards Josh Aloiai and Luke Garner are linked with moves to Manly.

Ofahengaue had a Zoom meeting with Tigers officials last week. Bizarrely, the Maroons forward has since followed the Wests Tigers on his Instagram account and does not follow the Broncos, in what could be a sign of an impending move. The Tigers have also been linked to a homecoming for Sea Eagles back-rower Curtis Sironen in a mooted player swap.

The Dragons are understood to have cooled their interest in Ofahengaue. If Ofahengaue, 25, does move on it would allow the Broncos to sign out of contract Cowboys premiership-winner John Asiata.

Discussions between the Dragons and Cronulla forward Billy Magoulias are ongoing as is Jason Saab’s impending move to Manly.

Wests Tigers are weighing up a play for Broncos prop Joe Ofahengaue that could trigger a raft of NRL player moves.

The Tigers are continuing with plans to reshape their roster as forwards Josh Aloiai and Luke Garner are linked with moves to Manly.

Ofahengaue had a Zoom meeting with Tigers officials last week. Bizarrely, the Maroons forward has since followed the Wests Tigers on his Instagram account and does not follow the Broncos, in what could be a sign of an impending move. The Tigers have also been linked to a homecoming for Sea Eagles back-rower Curtis Sironen in a mooted player swap.

The Dragons are understood to have cooled their interest in Ofahengaue. If Ofahengaue, 25, does move on it would allow the Broncos to sign out of contract Cowboys premiership-winner John Asiata.

Discussions between the Dragons and Cronulla forward Billy Magoulias are ongoing as is Jason Saab’s impending move to Manly.

Preferably we get Aloiai, Garner & Saab plus keep Sirro.

Those 3 with Davey & Foran fill some holes we have with the #purge

Fair enough I say. The rot has to stop somewhere. Players and their managers coming up with bullshiit tactics. And also it might seem like a small deal to the texting generation, but if you’re going to tell your CEO, you won’t wear the jersey again, then be a man, and tell him to his face. Says a lot about his character imo.
From what I’ve read he did say it to the CEO directly in a meeting & was in response to things that were said about Aloiai by the management. Something obviously pi$$ed him off, something were not privy to so I don’t think it’s fair to question his character especially when you watch the interview video posted of Aloiai & what he does in the community. I guess we all have our opinions but the Tigers CEO is a hypocrite to say what he has about Aloiai wanting out yet he’s happy to shop around his own players still under contract & sign players STILL contracted to other clubs!!!

From what I’ve read he did say it to the CEO directly in a meeting & was in response to things that were said about Aloiai by the management. Something obviously pi$$ed him off, something were not privy to so I don’t think it’s fair to question his character especially when you watch the interview video posted of Aloiai & what he does in the community. I guess we all have our opinions but the Tigers CEO is a hypocrite to say what he has about Aloiai wanting out yet he’s happy to shop around his own players still under contract & sign players STILL contracted to other clubs!!!
Well it was in a James Hooper article (the text to Pascoe), so it must be true....surely.:giggle:

Below is from Rothfield in the tele:

SAY THAT AGAIN, BEN

Rugby league rent-a-quote Benny Elias is up to his old tricks again.

Commenting on the Josh Aloiai contract dispute at Wests Tigers, Benny bleated: “He’s got a contract, he made a commitment. I’m always a believer that when you sign a contract, you honour the deal.”

This, however, has not always been Benny’s view on such matters.

Especially not when it involved his nephew Mitchell Moses, who was in an identical position to Aloiai in 2017 when trying to get an early release from Wests Tigers to join Parramatta.

“I feel sorry for Mitchell,” Benny said at the time.

“His mind is at Parramatta, but his body is at Wests Tigers. That’s not good for anyone — the club or the individual.

“(Tigers coach) Ivan Cleary must realise that. Ivan has to stop being selfish in keeping Mitchell at the Tigers. He can’t expect to get 100 per cent performances from Mitchell — he’s not going to get it. The sooner he is released, the better for the club and the kid.”

not often he puts up something so sensible!
also had this:

SPOTTED

A text message from Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler to Telegraph colleague Dean ‘Bulldog’ Ritchie after State of Origin III on Thursday morning: “Can you please write Manly has the worst side in 40 years.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4