Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We can thank big Tezza for the lack of a draft Ranga.

"Thenthathional".
I did some reading the other week on drafts and the thing that surprised me is that the NSWRL / ARL / NRL haven't had another crack at it. The draft that Tezza contested was ruled to be unlawful, but that doesn't mean all drafts are. They just need to structure it correctly and make sure the RLPA is on board.

Drafts are spectacles in themselves. The AFL draft and free agency system gets a lot of coverage and of course the NBA and NFL drafts and trading periods are a big deal in the USA. I don't know why the NRL doesn't do more here - it must be too hard for them.

It’s all there if you want to read it mate. Just google away.

I’ve read quotes from Aloiai. That’s how I make my opinion up. You are free to do the same.
I’ve tried mate....I have found he’s a devout Christian, nominated for Ken Stephens medal for his work in the community & hospitals, is involved with a number of schools & kids, youth programs, is a guest speaker at youth groups, is involved & is the face of a number of varying abilities programs. Does it all in his own time & thru the club! Went thru a rough trot in 2019 after the passing of his father but got thru it. A lot of his quotes are to do with Christianity & his love of Jesus. Is devoted to his mother & siblings & says she is the reason he’s been brought up to respect & serve. Sounds like an alright guy to me!

Last edited:
As I said earlier mate, happy to be proven wrong. :)
All good mate.....I, like you, don’t appreciate twats coming to our club so was interested when you mentioned some things. Sounds like an ok guy.....although wouldn’t wanna get into a fight with him with his boxing background Lolol.

I’ve tried mate....I have found he’s a devout Christian, nominated for Ken Stephens medal for his work in the community & hospitals, is involved with a number of schools & kids, youth programs, is a guest speaker at youth groups, is involved & is the face of a number of varying abilities programs. Does it all in his own time & thru the club! Went thru a rough trot in 2019 after the passing of his father but got thru it. A lot of his quotes are to do with Christianity & his love of Jesus. Is devoted to his mother & siblings & says she is the reason he’s been brought up to respect & serve. Sounds like an alright guy to me!
Very true
Every game has religious scribes on wristbands and puts his faith as what helped him find the positive track he has taken

How the hell do we give up the best prop in the NRL ,(which every team would've wanted)
And not at least come out of it with a quality nrl player or a junior gun in return???

Brutal negotiators we have !!! I could have gotten a better deal done ,and I have no F####ing idea.
regardless of his stature he was a bad egg. we gave him up by choice. simple.

Drafts are spectacles in themselves. The AFL draft and free agency system gets a lot of coverage and of course the NBA and NFL drafts and trading periods are a big deal in the USA. I don't know why the NRL doesn't do more here - it must be too hard for them.
Also maybe because some 'influential' clubs are quite happy with the status quo!

The player agents are the ones running amok.. the players are kids following professional advice. Gus and others have been saying it for a while: there needs to be a massive shake down on the way agents do their business. Respect to Warriors this year for standing up to isaac Moses

Agree ... but the clubs are giving their full and undiluted approval to the process and Manly (and I suggest most clubs) have shown themselves to be actively complicit ... if it means getting a good player ...

It has become the demonstrable manifestation of the adage that the ends justify the means ...

1605652624003.png

I think its a brilliant idea. This way you can go to another club BUT not for more money. If you sign 3 years at say 300k then that's the max you can earn even at a different club "if" you want out of the contract!
One of the stupidest things ive ever heard

So you can be a rookie on 100k but then have a year as good as Hayne 09 or Barba for the dogs, Chooks chuck 800k at you but nah you have a 3 year bottom dollar contract, which your capped at earning regardless of performance

1. It won’t encourage players to perform
- do you really think NRL players have the patience to wait out there contract regardless of performance? (No)

2. Union, SL etc will steal the gun players and the youth.
The reason why every good player comes to league is because the Waratahs go “you’ll be starting for us when your 23” whereas the bunnies, chooks etc all go “you can earn 500k+ two years out of high school”

I can understand why the Tigers are digging their heals in here , however I also see their hypocrisy. i.e. happy to benefit from Addo Carr breaking his agreement with the storm but now apparently seeking contract reform from the NRL when one of their players wants out to earn more money elsewhere and do the same. We all know these issues relate to money. The personal reasons excuse is mainly BS!!. I am Sick and tired of seeing people/ organisations using so called principals and taking the moral high ground (crying outrage) only when it is in alignment with their agenda. Tigers are Pathetic cry babies IMO.

Initially I was a little sympathetic to the Tigers plight but when you look a little deeper, it works both ways. Clubs discard unwanted players just as often as players want out. It goes both ways.

We just lost AFB and he wanted out so we made it happen for him. Aloiai wants out and the Tigers are treating the situation as if loyalty and honour only extend in one direction...it wasn't long ago they cut Corey Thompson loose when he had a deal. They've made it clear publicly that they want Reynolds gone...ditto Mbye. It's just that their recruitment is so bad that no one wanted their cast offs. If they are willing to play the game, they cannot cry foul when it doesn't benefit them.

In other words, a deal is only a deal when we want you to honour it.

So you can be a rookie on 100k but then have a year as good as Hayne 09 or Barba for the dogs, Chooks chuck 800k at you but nah you have a 3 year bottom dollar contract, which your capped at earning regardless of performance

- do you really think NRL players have the patience to wait out there contract regardless of performance? (No)

The reason why every good player comes to league is because the Waratahs go “you’ll be starting for us when your 23” whereas the bunnies, chooks etc all go “you can earn 500k+ two years out of high school”

For every one Hayne standout year ... there are 100 players playing to expectations ... you make rules for the norm .. not the exception ... also .. if the club has hopes of retaining a breakout player at the end of his contract they would in most cases upgrade and renew long before the expiry date ..

Initially I was a little sympathetic to the Tigers plight but when you look a little deeper, it works both ways. Clubs discard unwanted players just as often as players want out. It goes both ways.

We just lost AFB and he wanted out so we made it happen for him. Aloiai wants out and the Tigers are treating the situation as if loyalty and honour only extend in one direction...it wasn't long ago they cut Corey Thompson loose when he had a deal. They've made it clear publicly that they want Reynolds gone...ditto Mbye. It's just that their recruitment is so bad that no one wanted their cast offs. If they are willing to play the game, they cannot cry foul when it doesn't benefit them.

Similar thoughts myself,tigers seem to think there only ones that go through this.
There no doubt pissed there seen as transit club and he becoming a forward leader. Trouble is tigers are seen as that he going to manly to play with dce, tom, jake, marty, foz, walker and young stars like schuey and paseka tigers just don't have that feel

It the norm these days, if a player gets a better deal elsewhere then most of the time they will take it, especially if its a considerable amount more and longer contract.

Its the same as a normal job, people will move usually for an increase in salary.

Contract means nothing as in the case with blake green and Manly. Green just decided not to turn up to training. You can put a player on gardening leave but what will that accomplish, you are still paying their salary! Players will kick up a stink so that they will get fired or released. Makes no difference if they have a contract and another job waiting for them.

These days if a player wants out, no point forcing them to play, it will only back fire and get a below average performance on the field and will affect team morale

The difference here is that the players the Tigers want to cast off,Packer Reynolds etc are still guaranteed the money that’s on their contract even if they do leave

What you don't understand in all of this is you CAN be upgraded in your current club!!! You just can't break a contract to go to ANOTHER club for more money. It would create a lot more loyalty as they can only get more money in their current club! Its a great idea and I can't see a down side to it. Teams won't lose young guns at all, that is a "stupid" assumption! It stops teams being able to poach juniors. BOTH your arguments are completely void on this one mate!

Funny how the tigers want other players released early so they can play for them next year but not the other way around

The Penrith Panthers have quickly discovered the price of success with the club’s young gun roster being picked apart by rival NRL clubs since making the grand final.
Young gun rookie Daine Laurie is the latest player who has agreed to depart the club to join the Wests Tigers in 2022.

We all know how this rodeo goes. Laurie will now begin the process of agitating for a release to join the Wests Tigers for next year.

I was about to post the same thing. In a DT article, just after the lambasting of players wanting out of their contracts early, they mention the Tigers are shopping Packer around and might cut Garner loose with two years left on his contract.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7