Josh Aloiai, and membership discussions.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seems double standards I mean last year mitchell let early to go to bunnies, josh Morris released to roosters for examples or for us afb to warriors and thommo to st Helen's or api to penrith. Flanagan to dogs. Shaun johnson early release to sharks or jack bird to dragons.
Seems tigers think there only club who goes through this

Can't he just not show up to training? Therefore they would surely sack him? Yes he would forfeit his current contract $ BUT he has one lined up at Manly.

MAN have signed Aloiai for 2022-3 on 500k plus a year. Tamou said to be going to Tigers on 350k.

I think we're paying overs. AFB might have been on 800k but Aloiai isn't close to that at the moment.

Yea the same article that wrote that stated Tamou had more average metres and tigers nabbed for 350k, which I'm assuming why they refused to pay him more than 450k

2C5CD6C7-7EF4-4AD9-9D9E-26AB3DF077F4.png

Hagipentalis plans to meet with NRL CEO Andrew Abdo next week urging reform that prevents clubs offering more money than they currently earn to players under contract.”

ha! Insane comment!
I think its a brilliant idea. This way you can go to another club BUT not for more money. If you sign 3 years at say 300k then that's the max you can earn even at a different club "if" you want out of the contract!

A draft would go a long way to solving the problem with both Saab and Aloiai I reckon. Fair enough that saints and tigers want something in return - a draft would help them achieve that via manly or other clubs trading selections for players.

The problem with this is that he may do the same to us in a few years.
Would you make the same comment if Kotoni Staggs or Brandon Smith chucked a tantrum & demanded a release to come to Manly? Plenty on here want them at Manly
This guy worries me.

Apart from his highest prop metric in 2020 being he ranked 15th for decoy runs in the comp, he now is causing a fuss at the Tigers.

He publicly sided with Erin Molan when she was called out over her Polynesian name jokes (against AFB and Taupau) and that proves he didn’t know what he was doing talking about.

His wife is very vocal on social media about a variety of issues.

He seems to get tangled in some off field stuff which I don’t know our club needs right now. Appears to be similar to AFBs headlines for unfootball related issues.

See what happens but I don’t have a good feeling. Happy to be proven wrong.
Batty can you elaborate on his off field stuff & that of his wife also? I don’t recall Moylan referring to AFB or Marty when allegedly making fun of Pacific Islander names? Would you say the same if Kotoni Staggs chucked a hissy fit coz he wanted to come to Manly....remember his alleged off field escapades? How about TPJ? Many here would love them at Manly. Obviously Aloiai & Saab are not happy at their respective clubs & want out. Yes it probably is monetary but then again maybe they want to play at a club who should & will play finals? McGuire isn’t a noted player friendly coach.....remember South’s & the dramas there with player unrest? Saab has his reasons also & these reasons are ones none of us are privy to. We all base our opinions on media speculation & suddenly decide player a & player b are not worthy of donning Manly colours. I agree there are troublesome players with proven track records of off field issues but I haven’t read anything untoward regarding these guys....I’d like to know more mate before feeling unsure about these guys.

Our club doesn't play hardball - the players rule the roost.
Des let's players go far too easily. Brian Kelly upon his return, AFB, Green, Thompson....

But can't seal the deal the opposite way
Sorry but that's BS...

Kelly is a defensive turnstile. i was sad to see him go but it wasnt a huge loss. can do some good things and some real stupid stuff...

AFB - Bad Egg - good riddance.

Green - what is it? 7 clubs now. Was decent but never a game winner. Green moved before des didnt he?

Thompson - solid at best the last few years. not a gamebreaker. good guy no doubt was there as a leader more than anything else.

Yeap Des rolled over

What? i say What?

How the hell do we give up the best prop in the NRL ,(which every team would've wanted)
And not at least come out of it with a quality nrl player or a junior gun in return???

Brutal negotiators we have !!! I could have gotten a better deal done ,and I have no F####ing idea.

How the hell do we give up the best prop in the NRL ,(which every team would've wanted)
And not at least come out of it with a quality nrl player or a junior gun in return???

Brutal negotiators we have !!! I could have gotten a better deal done ,and I have no F####ing idea.
Agreed.. they could of sent us one of there wingers at least

A draft would go a long way to solving the problem with both Saab and Aloiai I reckon. Fair enough that saints and tigers want something in return - a draft would help them achieve that via manly or other clubs trading selections for players.

We can thank big Tezza for the lack of a draft Ranga.

"Thenthathional".

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7